How Long Is Ollie Dog Food Good For
Today we’re examining the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to aid YOU decide– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery service that gives customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They offer several vet-designed recipes including USA-sourced hen, turkey, beef, or lamb .
- Many proprietors locate that switching to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier layers, fewer allergies, even more energy, and also much better overall health for their pets.
- Unique price cut for our viewers– obtain 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand name that gives direct shipment food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s recipes are created to concentrate on quality and quality, with minimally-processed foods having huge quantities of real animal protein and also body organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, and added superfoods to profit canine health and wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can supply even more nutrients to dogs than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s hard to say without a doubt whether fresh dog food is naturally ” much better”, but it does appear that several canines that have formerly endured some stomach concerns or allergies do better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair points worth keeping in mind regarding Ollie’s ingredient listing:
- Genuine meat is the top component, adhered to by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 ingredients as whole meats and also body organ meats leads to a protein-packed structure, with recipes ranging from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a dry issue evaluation).
- Recipes include lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All dishes are designed by veterinarians.
- No fillers like wheat, corn, or soy .
- No man-made flavors, preservatives, or spin-offs.
- Recipes are minimally refined and human-grade– you can consume it, if you wished to!
For those that are nervous concerning the FDA’s alert of a undetermined relationship in between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive recipe; their hen dish has a healthy dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as other yummy active ingredients.
Ollie provides four recipes that owners can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Hen: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with dry matter evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with dry matter evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s enter my individual experience with Ollie and see what Remy thought of it all.
Prefer video clip? You can look into our video evaluation too!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was quite interesting!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in frozen blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cold that they burned my fingers a little– do not be dumb like me, put on some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was safely packed away in the freezer (we did need to make some substantial space for his consumes– simply a excellent justification to finish off the gelato), I go through the product that included the Ollie delivery.
I recognize this is a small thing, but I definitely like the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s adorable as well as– I have to say– really, really helpful. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little a pain. I needed to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything sealed as well as sanitary in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a best suitable for the fresh food packs, making it simple to stand out a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for supper.
It’s likewise worth keeping in mind that the food packs themselves are really well developed. The plastic tabs are easy to open and the top sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it really simple to dig the food.
The packages additionally have a little bit of a lip on the top which handled to keep my counter rather darn tidy– I hardly ever had a roaming item of food mistake. Easier cleanup is always appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any dog food button for that issue), it’s essential to make the change gradually. Switching your dog’s diet regimen from one sort of food to an additional with no gradual transition is a recipe for an upset stomach.
This is part of the reason I constantly question individuals who assert that a certain brand of dog food offered their dog diarrhea, as it might relate to not effectively migrating your dog to a new food, as opposed to being completely the food’s fault.
Anyhow, as advised, we started providing Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his regular kibble. We did that for two days, then switched over to 1/2 and also 1/2 for one more number of days, before lastly switching completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy definitely liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! He could have liked it a little also much.
I generally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This timetable has actually never ever gained any type of reaction from Remy in the past. He generally just hangs around or rests up until I call him over for supper.
Yet, after switching over to Ollie, Remy started to get really restless at around 5:00 pm, yawping at me to feed him. It was difficult to stand firm and make him wait!
His change in mindset absolutely seems to indicate that he’s a huge follower. That, and the large quantities of drool he would certainly dispense as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was originally a little anxious about changing to fresh dog food since Remy definitely enjoys eating his supper out of problem toys.
Typically we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as let him have at it– he has so much fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Given that fresh food is damp as well as sticky , much of our favored kibble-dispensing problem playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. Nevertheless, I just made a decision to begin making use of more LickiMats as well as packed Kongs and also it worked out wonderful.
LickiMats are a quite incredible tool to utilize combined with fresh food– pushing the food into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog substantially even more time to complete it, as well as the licking motion is very calming for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a benefit, try freezing the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that ought to keep even ultra-hungry pet dogs inhabited for at the very least 30 minutes or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
So– after trying Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the results?
Numerous owners have actually testified to noticing a shinier layer, reduced itching due to allergic reactions, boosted energy and also– sometimes– even some behavior enhancements, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
What concerning me– did I notice any kind of kind of adjustment in Remy? I did discover a couple of big adjustments worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the significant things I saw after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller sized, greener, and also much less foul-smelling– all basic indications of improved health.
2. Decreased Itching & Allergies
Another thing I really did not right away see until switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie definitely reduced Remy’s itching.
Remy has been an scratchy kid for quite a while currently, so I’ve gotten pretty familiar with his scraping as well as licking . When I switched over Remy to Ollie, I really did not make any type of specific note or monitorings concerning his itchiness.
When changing off of Ollie and back to his original kibble, I swiftly realized Remy was itching as well as damaging much more than he did before.
Since he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot much more, indicating that he probably has some allergic reaction problems that Ollie had been assisting with. This means I’ll possibly wind up making the switch back to Ollie eventually, or– at the minimum– will explore other sort of foods that can assist Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have imagined, Ollie isn’t specifically affordable.
The specific cost of your Ollie delivery will certainly depend on the size and also needs of your dog, yet Ollie costs roughly anywhere from about $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as up to $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
Sadly, this may be outside of lots of pet parents’ budget plans.
— it is worth thinking about some of the other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when assessing expense vs worth.
For one, cost-free delivery means time and also effort conserved because you won’t need to consistently see PetSmart as well as haul around huge bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-term could likewise mean fewer trips to the veterinarian’s workplace, conserving major cash gradually and possibly expanding your pooch’s life expectancy.
Do not neglect– Our readers can obtain 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will certainly last long-lasting, it certainly makes the idea of a minimum of attempting as well as experimenting with fresh dog food a lot more achievable, even for limited budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Allow’s summarize the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, top notch food
- Much better for food digestion + might reduce some wellness issues and also allergy problems
- Smaller, stronger, much less scent-laden poops
- Does not need careful dealing with like raw food does, while still offering a few of the same
- Pre-portioned packets for added benefit and also to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for using together with Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Bonus offer] Includes cute multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a lasting food choice
- Not compatible with a lot of problem toys
- Somewhat more job than feeding kibble (although concerning the same amount of initiative as feeding damp canned dog food).
- Not really mobile– it’s definitely not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not wonderful for training job– if you normally use your dog’s food as a training reward, damp fresh food just does not work.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Absolutely provide Ollie a try if you desire to offer your dog excellent grub.
It’s a extremely high-quality fresh food with an outstanding active ingredient listing. While Ollie is a great choice for any type of dog, owners of canines who are choosy eaters, have sensitive tummies, or have doubtful poops will particularly gain from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s certainly at the very least worth attempting and also reviewing for yourself if the advantages deserve the rate. While I really did not see any miraculous adjustments in Remy, his poop renovation were fantastic, he was crazy about the food, and it seems like the food might have aided with his allergies.
Be careful– you may have a tough time returning to kibble when your dog provides you those big puppy dog eyes asking for even more of the fresh stuff!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully cooked with very little handling to keep nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing depends on the size of your dog (bigger pets require ore food, so are a lot more costly to feed).
Generally, Ollie costs anywhere from around $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, and as much as $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
Yet don’t neglect, you can likewise obtain superb price cuts on your very first order of Ollie with some of the offers stated in this short article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium active ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food additionally boasts impressive healthy protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the comments listed below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything secured and hygienic in the refrigerator.
Includes cute reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium active ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie?