Today we’re reviewing the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to aid YOU decide– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution solution that gives tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They use numerous vet-designed recipes including USA-sourced hen, beef, lamb, or turkey .
- Lots of owners find that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier layers, less allergies, even more energy, as well as better overall health for their canines.
- Special price cut for our readers– obtain 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand name that provides straight shipment food on a subscription basis.
Ollie’s dishes are made to focus on top quality and quality, with minimally-processed foods having large amounts of actual animal healthy protein and organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, and included superfoods to profit canine health and wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can provide even more nutrients to dogs than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s hard to state for certain whether fresh dog food is naturally “better”, however it does appear that many canines that have actually previously endured some tummy issues or allergies do far better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair things worth keeping in mind regarding Ollie’s active ingredient list:
- Genuine meat is the number one active ingredient, complied with by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 components as whole meats as well as organ meats causes a protein-packed composition, with dishes ranging from 35%– 44% protein (with a dry issue analysis).
- Dishes consist of lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All dishes are designed by veterinarians.
- No fillers like corn, soy, or wheat .
- No man-made tastes, preservatives, or by-products.
- Dishes are minimally processed as well as human-grade– you might consume it, if you intended to!
For those who are nervous concerning the FDA’s alert of a obscure relationship in between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive dish; their poultry recipe contains a healthy and balanced dose of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and also various other yummy active ingredients.
Ollie uses 4 dishes that owners can pick from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Hen: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with dry matter evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with completely dry issue evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s enter my individual experience with Ollie as well as see what Remy thought of it all.
Prefer video clip? You can check out our video clip review as well!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food got here, it was quite amazing!
Remy’s fresh food got here in icy blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so chilly that they shed my fingers a little– don’t be dumb like me, wear some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was securely packed away in the fridge freezer (we did need to make some substantial area for his consumes– just a great justification to finish off the ice cream), I check out the material that came with the Ollie delivery.
I recognize this is a small thing, however I definitely love the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s adorable and also– I need to say– actually, actually useful. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain whatever sealed and also sanitary in the fridge.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a perfect fit for the fresh food packs, making it easy to pop a half-pack in the container and whip it out for supper.
It’s likewise worth keeping in mind that the food loads themselves are really well developed. The plastic tabs are simple to open up and the top sheet of plastic slides right off, making it actually easy to dig the food.
The packets likewise have a little bit of a lip on the top which handled to keep my counter quite darn clean– I rarely had a roaming piece of food make a mess. Easier clean-up is constantly appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any dog food switch for that issue), it’s crucial to make the transition gradually. Switching your dog’s diet regimen from one kind of food to one more with no steady transition is a recipe for an upset stomach.
This belongs to the factor I constantly examine folks who declare that a particular brand of dog food gave their dog diarrhea, as it can relate to not properly migrating your dog to a brand-new food, rather than being completely the food’s mistake.
Anyhow, as advised, we began offering Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his regular kibble. We did that for 2 days, then switched over to 1/2 and also 1/2 for another number of days, prior to ultimately switching over completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy most definitely enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! He could have liked it a little too much.
I typically feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This timetable has actually never ever made any type of type of response from Remy in the past. He usually just hangs out or rests up until I call him over for supper.
However, after switching over to Ollie, Remy began to obtain really anxious at around 5:00 pm, whimpering at me to feed him. It was tough to stand firm as well as make him wait!
His change in perspective definitely seems to show that he’s a big fan. That, as well as the large quantities of drool he would dispense as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was originally a little nervous about switching over to fresh dog food due to the fact that Remy absolutely likes consuming his dinner out of problem playthings.
Typically we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as allow him have at it– he has so much fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Given that fresh food is sticky and wet , a lot of our favored kibble-dispensing problem playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. Nonetheless, I simply made a decision to begin using extra LickiMats and also packed Kongs and also it worked out fantastic.
LickiMats are a quite remarkable device to utilize in conjunction with fresh food– pushing the food into a LickiMat will take your dog significantly more time to complete it, and the licking movement is very comforting for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus offer, try freezing the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that must keep even ultra-hungry canines occupied for a minimum of 30 minutes or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
So– after attempting Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the outcomes?
Several proprietors have testified to noticing a shinier layer, minimized itching as a result of allergies, boosted energy and– in many cases– even some behavioral renovations, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
What concerning me– did I observe any kind of modification in Remy? I did observe a few big changes worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the significant points I observed after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller sized, greener, as well as a lot less stinky– all general signs of improved health and wellness.
2. Reduced Itching & Allergies
An additional thing I didn’t quickly notice till switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie certainly decreased Remy’s itching.
Remy has been an itchy boy for a long time now, so I’ve gotten rather accustomed to his damaging and also licking . I didn’t make any kind of certain note or observations concerning his irritation when I switched over Remy to Ollie.
When switching over off of Ollie and back to his original kibble, I promptly understood Remy was itching as well as scraping much even more than he did before.
Since he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal much more, showing that he probably has some allergy problems that Ollie had been aiding with. This implies I’ll most likely wind up making the switch back to Ollie at some point, or– at least– will experiment with other sort of foods that can help Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you may have envisioned, Ollie isn’t exactly low-cost.
The exact cost of your Ollie delivery will certainly depend on the size and also requirements of your dog, however Ollie costs approximately anywhere from around $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, and also approximately $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
This might be outside of numerous pet moms and dads’ budgets.
— it is worth considering some of the other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when examining price vs worth.
For one, complimentary delivery means time as well as effort saved considering that you will not need to consistently visit PetSmart and also haul around huge bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-term can additionally suggest less journeys to the veterinarian’s workplace, saving serious money with time as well as possibly prolonging your pooch’s life-span.
Do not fail to remember– Our viewers can get 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will last long-term, it certainly makes the suggestion of at the very least trying and experimenting with fresh dog food far more possible, also for tight budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Let’s sum up the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, top notch food
- Much better for digestion + may alleviate some wellness issues and allergic reaction concerns
- Smaller, firmer, much less fragrant poops
- Does not need cautious managing like raw food does, while still giving some of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packages for added comfort and to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for using together with Kongs or LickiMats
- [Bonus] Includes adorable recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a long-term food option
- Not compatible with many puzzle toys
- Slightly a lot more job than feeding kibble (although concerning the very same quantity of effort as feeding damp tinned dog food).
- Not very portable– it’s absolutely not as practical as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not wonderful for training work– if you normally utilize your dog’s food as a training reward, damp fresh food just does not work.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Definitely give Ollie a try if you want to supply your dog excellent grub.
It’s a extremely top notch fresh food with an excellent active ingredient checklist. While Ollie is a excellent choice for any dog, owners of canines that are fussy eaters, have delicate tummies, or have suspicious poops will especially take advantage of attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s definitely at least worth attempting as well as reviewing on your own if the benefits are worth the rate. While I didn’t see any type of remarkable modifications in Remy, his poop renovation were fantastic, he adored the food, and it looks like the food might have assisted with his allergies.
Beware– you may have a bumpy ride going back to kibble when your dog offers you those huge pup dog eyes pleading for more of the fresh stuff!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately prepared with marginal processing to maintain nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates depends on the dimension of your dog (bigger pet dogs require ore food, so are much more pricey to feed).
Usually, Ollie sets you back anywhere from approximately $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as up to $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
But don’t forget, you can likewise get superb discount rates on your first order of Ollie with several of the offers stated in this article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium active ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food likewise boasts impressive healthy protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the comments below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything secured as well as sanitary in the refrigerator.
Consists of charming multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium components and fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie?