Today we’re assessing the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to help YOU choose– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment service that offers tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They use a number of vet-designed recipes featuring USA-sourced hen, beef, lamb, or turkey .
- Lots of proprietors locate that changing to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier layers, less allergies, even more energy, and also better total health and wellness for their pet dogs.
- Unique discount for our viewers– obtain 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand that gives straight delivery food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s dishes are made to concentrate on quality and freshness, with minimally-processed foods containing large amounts of actual animal protein as well as organ meats, along with fruits, veggies, as well as added superfoods to profit canine wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can give even more nutrients to pets than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s difficult to claim without a doubt whether fresh dog food is inherently ” much better”, however it does seem that several canines that have formerly experienced some tummy issues or allergic reactions do much better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair points worth noting concerning Ollie’s component checklist:
- Actual meat is the top active ingredient, adhered to by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 ingredients as whole meats and also organ meats leads to a protein-packed composition, with recipes ranging from 35%– 44% protein (with a completely dry matter evaluation).
- Dishes consist of lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All dishes are developed by vets.
- No fillers like wheat, corn, or soy .
- No synthetic tastes, preservatives, or spin-offs.
- Recipes are minimally refined and human-grade– you might eat it, if you intended to!
For those that are nervous regarding the FDA’s alert of a unclear correlation in between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive dish; their chicken recipe contains a healthy dose of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and other tasty active ingredients.
Ollie supplies 4 dishes that proprietors can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with dry matter analysis
- Poultry: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with dry issue analysis
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with completely dry issue analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s enter my individual experience with Ollie as well as see what Remy thought of everything.
Prefer video? You can have a look at our video testimonial also!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was quite amazing!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in icy blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cold that they shed my fingers a little– don’t be dumb like me, use some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was safely stored in the freezer (we did need to make some considerable area for his eats– simply a good justification to finish off the ice cream), I read through the product that came with the Ollie shipment.
I understand this is a small thing, yet I definitely love the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s cute and also– I need to say– really, truly helpful. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I needed to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing sealed and also hygienic in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a ideal fit for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to pop a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for supper.
It’s likewise worth noting that the food packs themselves are truly well developed. The plastic tabs are very easy to open up as well as the top sheet of plastic slides right off, making it really easy to scoop out the food.
The packages also have a bit of a lip on the top which took care of to keep my counter rather darn clean– I hardly ever had a stray piece of food make a mess. Much easier cleanup is constantly appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any type of dog food switch for that issue), it’s essential to make the transition gradually. Changing your dog’s diet plan from one kind of food to an additional without any steady change is a dish for an upset stomach.
This becomes part of the reason I constantly examine folks who claim that a certain brand name of dog food offered their dog diarrhea, as it could have to do with not properly migrating your dog to a brand-new food, as opposed to being totally the food’s fault.
Anyhow, as advised, we started out giving Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for two days, then changed to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for an additional couple of days, before ultimately switching totally to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy definitely enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! As a matter of fact, he may have liked it a little excessive.
I normally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has actually never gained any kind of kind of response from Remy in the past. He generally just socializes or sleeps up until I call him over for supper.
But, after switching to Ollie, Remy started to obtain really antsy at around 5:00 pm, yawping at me to feed him. It was tough to stand firm and also make him wait!
His change in attitude certainly appears to show that he’s a large follower. That, as well as the generous quantities of drool he would certainly give as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Due to the fact that Remy definitely enjoys consuming his dinner out of challenge toys, I was at first a little anxious about switching over to fresh dog food.
Normally we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and allow him have at it– he has so much fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Considering that fresh food is sticky and also wet , a lot of our favored kibble-dispensing challenge toys were out when feeding with Ollie. Nevertheless, I just determined to start utilizing extra LickiMats and also packed Kongs and also it worked out great.
LickiMats are a pretty amazing tool to make use of together with fresh food– pressing the food into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog considerably even more time to complete it, as well as the licking movement is very relaxing for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a reward, try cold the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that must maintain even ultra-hungry pet dogs inhabited for a minimum of 30 minutes or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
— after trying Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the outcomes?
Several proprietors have actually testified to noticing a shinier coat, decreased itching due to allergies, boosted energy and also– in many cases– also some behavioral enhancements, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
What concerning me– did I notice any type of kind of change in Remy? I did see a few huge adjustments worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the significant points I discovered after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller, greener, as well as a lot less foul-smelling– all basic indicators of improved wellness.
2. Minimized Itching & Allergies
One more point I really did not promptly observe till changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie most definitely decreased Remy’s irritation.
Remy has been an scratchy young boy for quite a while now, so I’ve obtained quite familiar with his scraping and licking . I didn’t make any kind of certain note or monitorings regarding his irritation when I changed Remy to Ollie.
However, when turning off of Ollie and also back to his original kibble, I swiftly recognized Remy was itching and scraping a lot more than he did previously.
Because he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal more, showing that he most likely has some allergic reaction problems that Ollie had been assisting with. This means I’ll most likely wind up making the button back to Ollie at some time, or– at the minimum– will try out other kinds of foods that can aid Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you may have visualized, Ollie isn’t exactly economical.
The precise rate of your Ollie shipment will depend upon the size and requirements of your dog, yet Ollie costs approximately anywhere from around $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as up to $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
This may be outdoors of numerous pet parents’ budget plans.
— it is worth taking into consideration some of the various other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when reviewing expense vs value.
For one, complimentary distribution means time as well as effort conserved given that you won’t require to regularly check out PetSmart and also carry around large bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food lasting could additionally imply fewer journeys to the veterinarian’s workplace, conserving serious money with time and also potentially extending your pooch’s life expectancy.
Do not fail to remember– Our visitors can obtain 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will certainly last long-lasting, it absolutely makes the idea of at the very least trying and also exploring with fresh dog food much more achievable, also for tight spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Let’s summarize the advantages and disadvantages of Ollie.
- Fresh, top notch food
- Better for digestion + might reduce some health issues and also allergic reaction problems
- Smaller sized, stronger, less fragrant poops
- Doesn’t need cautious dealing with like raw food does, while still offering some of the very same
- Pre-portioned packets for added convenience as well as to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for making use of alongside Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Bonus offer] Includes lovable recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it pertains to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a lasting food alternative
- Not suitable with many puzzle toys
- Somewhat extra job than feeding kibble (although regarding the very same quantity of effort as feeding damp tinned dog food).
- Not really portable– it’s certainly not as practical as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not terrific for training work– if you typically use your dog’s food as a training reward, damp fresh food simply does not function also.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you wish to provide your dog fantastic grub, most definitely provide Ollie a shot.
It’s a really top quality fresh food with an outstanding component listing. While Ollie is a excellent option for any dog, proprietors of pet dogs who are particular eaters, have sensitive stomachs, or have suspicious poops will especially take advantage of trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s definitely at the very least worth attempting and also assessing for yourself if the benefits deserve the cost. While I didn’t see any kind of remarkable adjustments in Remy, his poop enhancement were wonderful, he adored the food, and also it feels like the food might have helped with his allergic reactions.
When your dog provides you those big puppy dog eyes begging for even more of the fresh stuff, be cautious– you may have a hard time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately prepared with minimal handling to keep nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices relies on the size of your dog ( larger pet dogs require ore food, so are more expensive to feed).
Normally, Ollie costs anywhere from about $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, and approximately $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
Don’t fail to remember, you can additionally obtain wonderful discount rates on your initial order of Ollie with some of the bargains discussed in this post.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs components and also fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food likewise flaunts excellent healthy protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the remarks listed below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever sealed and also sanitary in the fridge.
Consists of charming reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie?