How Does Ollie Dog Food Work
Today we’re examining the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to help YOU determine– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution service that gives customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They provide numerous vet-designed recipes featuring USA-sourced chicken, turkey, lamb, or beef .
- Lots of owners locate that switching to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier layers, fewer allergic reactions, more energy, as well as far better overall wellness for their pets.
- Special price cut for our visitors– obtain 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand that supplies straight shipment food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s recipes are created to focus on top quality and also freshness, with minimally-processed foods having huge amounts of genuine animal protein and body organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, and also included superfoods to profit canine health.
The idea is that fresh foods can give more nutrients to canines than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s difficult to claim for sure whether fresh dog food is naturally ” far better”, however it does appear that numerous pet dogs that have previously suffered some tummy problems or allergies do far better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple points worth keeping in mind about Ollie’s component list:
- Actual meat is the primary component, followed by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 active ingredients as whole meats and also organ meats causes a protein-packed make-up, with recipes varying from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a dry matter evaluation).
- Dishes consist of tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All recipes are made by vets.
- No fillers like wheat, soy, or corn .
- No artificial flavors, chemicals, or byproducts.
- Dishes are minimally processed and also human-grade– you can consume it, if you wished to!
For those that are nervous about the FDA’s alert of a obscure relationship between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive dish; their poultry recipe has a healthy dosage of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and various other tasty components.
Ollie provides four recipes that owners can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Poultry: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with dry matter evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with dry matter analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with dry issue analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s enter into my personal experience with Ollie and see what Remy idea of everything.
Prefer video? You can take a look at our video clip evaluation also!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food got here, it was rather interesting!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in frozen blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so chilly that they burned my fingers a little– don’t be dumb like me, put on some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was securely packed away in the freezer (we did have to make some substantial area for his eats– simply a good excuse to round off the gelato), I check out the product that included the Ollie shipment.
I know this is a small thing, but I absolutely enjoy the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s adorable and– I need to say– actually, really helpful. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything secured and hygienic in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a excellent fit for the fresh food packs, making it simple to stand out a half-pack in the container and whip it out for dinner.
It’s likewise worth keeping in mind that the food packs themselves are really well developed. The plastic tabs are very easy to open up and also the leading sheet of plastic slides right off, making it actually simple to scoop out the food.
The packages likewise have a little a lip on the top which took care of to maintain my counter pretty darn tidy– I hardly ever had a roaming piece of food mistake. Simpler cleanup is constantly valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any dog food button for that matter), it’s vital to make the shift slowly. Switching your dog’s diet from one type of food to one more with no steady transition is a recipe for an upset stomach.
This becomes part of the factor I constantly examine folks who claim that a specific brand name of dog food provided their dog diarrhea, as it can relate to not correctly moving your dog to a new food, as opposed to being entirely the food’s mistake.
Anyhow, as advised, we started giving Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for 2 days, then changed to 1/2 and 1/2 for another couple of days, before ultimately switching over completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy certainly enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! Actually, he could have liked it a little too much.
I usually feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has actually never ever gained any type of kind of reaction from Remy in the past. He typically simply hangs out or sleeps up until I call him over for dinner.
However, after switching to Ollie, Remy began to obtain extremely anxious at around 5:00 pm, whimpering at me to feed him. It was tough to persevere and also make him wait!
His change in mindset definitely appears to suggest that he’s a big follower. That, as well as the large quantities of drool he would dispense as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was at first a little nervous regarding changing to fresh dog food since Remy absolutely likes consuming his supper out of problem playthings.
Usually we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as let him have at it– he has so much enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Given that fresh food is sticky and also wet , a lot of our favored kibble-dispensing challenge playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. However, I just determined to start using a lot more LickiMats and also stuffed Kongs and also it exercised great.
LickiMats are a pretty amazing device to make use of along with fresh food– pressing the food into a LickiMat will take your dog significantly more time to complete it, and the licking movement is extremely soothing for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a perk, attempt freezing the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that need to keep even ultra-hungry pets inhabited for at least 30 minutes or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
So– after attempting Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the results?
Lots of owners have demonstrated observing a shinier layer, minimized itching as a result of allergic reactions, enhanced energy and also– in many cases– even some behavior improvements, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
What regarding me– did I observe any kind of modification in Remy? I did notice a few huge adjustments worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the significant things I noticed after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller sized, greener, and much less smelly– all general signs of better health and wellness.
2. Lowered Itching & Allergies
One more thing I really did not right away notice until changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie definitely lowered Remy’s itchiness.
Remy has been an scratchy boy for quite a while currently, so I’ve gotten pretty accustomed to his licking as well as damaging . When I changed Remy to Ollie, I didn’t make any kind of certain note or observations concerning his itchiness.
However, when turning off of Ollie and back to his original kibble, I promptly understood Remy was itching as well as scraping far more than he did before.
Considering that he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot much more, showing that he probably has some allergic reaction problems that Ollie had been assisting with. This indicates I’ll probably wind up making the button back to Ollie at some point, or– at the very least– will certainly trying out other sort of foods that can assist Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you may have envisioned, Ollie isn’t exactly inexpensive.
The precise price of your Ollie shipment will certainly rely on the dimension and requirements of your dog, but Ollie costs about anywhere from roughly $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, and also approximately $11 daily for an 80 lb dog.
However, this might be outside of many pet moms and dads’ spending plans.
Nevertheless– it deserves thinking about some of the other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when assessing expense vs worth.
For one, free delivery means time and initiative conserved considering that you won’t require to on a regular basis check out PetSmart and carry around large bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-lasting could likewise suggest less journeys to the veterinarian’s office, conserving serious money over time and potentially prolonging your pooch’s lifespan.
Don’t neglect– Our readers can get 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will certainly last lasting, it definitely makes the suggestion of at least trying out and trying with fresh dog food far more attainable, even for limited budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Let’s summarize the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, top quality food
- Much better for digestion + may reduce some health and wellness concerns as well as allergic reaction concerns
- Smaller, firmer, much less fragrant poops
- Doesn’t need cautious taking care of like raw food does, while still supplying several of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packages for included ease and also to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for making use of along with LickiMats or kongs
- [ Benefit] Includes cute multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it concerns contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a long-lasting food choice
- Not suitable with many puzzle playthings
- Slightly much more work than feeding kibble (although regarding the very same quantity of effort as feeding damp canned dog food).
- Not very mobile– it’s absolutely not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not great for training work– if you generally utilize your dog’s food as a training benefit, wet fresh food just does not function.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Definitely give Ollie a try if you desire to use your dog wonderful grub.
It’s a extremely high-grade fresh food with an impressive ingredient listing. While Ollie is a excellent alternative for any dog, proprietors of pets that are picky eaters, have sensitive tummies, or have doubtful poops will particularly take advantage of attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s absolutely at the very least worth assessing as well as trying on your own if the advantages are worth the cost. While I really did not see any kind of amazing modifications in Remy, his poop enhancement were great, he was crazy about the food, and it seems like the food may have assisted with his allergies.
Beware– you might have a difficult time returning to kibble when your dog gives you those huge young puppy dog eyes begging for more of the fresh things!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently cooked with marginal handling to keep nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates depends on the dimension of your dog ( larger pet dogs require ore food, so are much more costly to feed).
Usually, Ollie sets you back anywhere from about $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, and also approximately $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
But don’t fail to remember, you can additionally get amazing discount rates on your first order of Ollie with some of the deals mentioned in this write-up.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium components as well as fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food likewise boasts excellent protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the remarks listed below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything sealed as well as hygienic in the fridge.
Includes cute recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie?