Today we’re examining the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to aid YOU decide– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment solution that gives tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They use several vet-designed recipes featuring USA-sourced chicken, beef, lamb, or turkey .
- Several owners find that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier layers, fewer allergic reactions, even more power, and better overall wellness for their dogs.
- Special discount for our viewers– obtain 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand that offers direct shipment food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s dishes are created to focus on top quality and also quality, with minimally-processed foods consisting of big quantities of actual animal protein and also body organ meats, along with fruits, veggies, and also added superfoods to profit canine health and wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can give even more nutrients to canines than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s difficult to claim for certain whether fresh dog food is inherently ” much better”, but it does appear that numerous pet dogs that have previously experienced some belly issues or allergies do far better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair things worth keeping in mind about Ollie’s active ingredient list:
- Actual meat is the primary active ingredient, complied with by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 ingredients as entire meats and body organ meats leads to a protein-packed structure, with recipes varying from 35%– 44% protein (with a completely dry matter evaluation).
- Recipes consist of tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All dishes are developed by veterinarians.
- No fillers like corn, wheat, or soy .
- No man-made tastes, preservatives, or by-products.
- Recipes are minimally processed as well as human-grade– you might consume it, if you wished to!
For those who fidget concerning the FDA’s alert of a unknown relationship in between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive recipe; their poultry recipe consists of a healthy dose of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and also other tasty ingredients.
Ollie provides four dishes that owners can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Chicken: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with dry matter analysis
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with completely dry issue evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s enter into my individual experience with Ollie as well as see what Remy idea of all of it.
Prefer video clip? You can check out our video clip testimonial too!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food got here, it was fairly exciting!
Remy’s fresh food got here in icy blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cool that they burned my fingers a little– do not be stupid like me, wear some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was safely stored in the freezer (we did have to make some significant space for his eats– simply a great excuse to round off the gelato), I go through the material that included the Ollie shipment.
I know this is a small thing, yet I definitely enjoy the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s adorable as well as– I have to say– truly, truly valuable. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing sealed and also sanitary in the fridge.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a best suitable for the fresh food packs, making it easy to stand out a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for supper.
It’s also worth noting that the food loads themselves are actually well designed. The plastic tabs are easy to open up as well as the leading sheet of plastic slides right off, making it actually simple to scoop out the food.
The packets also have a little bit of a lip on the top which took care of to keep my counter rather darn tidy– I hardly ever had a stray item of food make a mess. Much easier clean-up is constantly valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any dog food button for that issue), it’s important to make the transition gradually. Switching your dog’s diet regimen from one type of food to an additional without any steady shift is a recipe for an upset stomach.
This becomes part of the reason I always question people who assert that a certain brand name of dog food offered their dog looseness of the bowels, as it could pertain to not effectively moving your dog to a new food, rather than being completely the food’s mistake.
Anyway, as instructed, we started out offering Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his regular kibble. We did that for two days, after that changed to 1/2 and 1/2 for another couple of days, prior to finally changing totally to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy certainly enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! As a matter of fact, he could have liked it a little way too much.
I generally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This timetable has never made any type of reaction from Remy in the past. He normally just socializes or sleeps until I call him over for supper.
After changing to Ollie, Remy started to obtain really impatient at around 5:00 pm, whining at me to feed him. It was tough to stand firm and also make him wait!
His adjustment in perspective certainly seems to indicate that he’s a big follower. That, as well as the generous amounts of drool he would dispense as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Because Remy absolutely enjoys eating his supper out of challenge playthings, I was initially a little nervous regarding switching over to fresh dog food.
Typically we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also let him have at it– he has so much fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Because fresh food is sticky and also damp , most of our favored kibble-dispensing problem toys were out when feeding with Ollie. I simply decided to begin using a lot more LickiMats and also stuffed Kongs and also it functioned out terrific.
LickiMats are a pretty remarkable device to use along with fresh food– pressing the food right into a LickiMat will take your dog significantly more time to finish it, and the licking motion is very soothing for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a perk, try freezing the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that need to maintain even ultra-hungry pet dogs inhabited for at the very least 30 mins or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
— after trying Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the results?
Many proprietors have actually testified to observing a shinier layer, decreased itching as a result of allergic reactions, boosted energy and– in some cases– also some behavioral renovations, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
However what regarding me– did I discover any type of sort of change in Remy? I did notice a few large changes worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the major things I observed after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller sized, greener, and a lot less stinky– all basic indicators of better health.
2. Reduced Itching & Allergies
An additional thing I didn’t quickly notice until changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie absolutely lowered Remy’s itchiness.
Remy has actually been an scratchy child for quite a while now, so I’ve gotten quite accustomed to his scratching and licking . When I switched Remy to Ollie, I didn’t make any particular note or observations concerning his itching.
When switching off of Ollie and also back to his original kibble, I promptly understood Remy was itching as well as damaging much even more than he did previously.
Given that he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot extra, suggesting that he most likely has some allergic reaction concerns that Ollie had been assisting with. This suggests I’ll probably wind up making the button back to Ollie at some time, or– at the minimum– will certainly experiment with other sort of foods that can help Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have thought of, Ollie isn’t specifically economical.
The exact rate of your Ollie shipment will certainly depend on the dimension and needs of your dog, but Ollie expenses approximately anywhere from roughly $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, as well as approximately $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
Unfortunately, this may be beyond lots of pet moms and dads’ budget plans.
Nevertheless– it is worth thinking about several of the other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet when examining expense vs value.
For one, complimentary distribution means time as well as initiative conserved since you will not need to on a regular basis visit PetSmart and carry around gigantic bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food lasting might additionally indicate less trips to the veterinarian’s workplace, conserving major money gradually as well as possibly prolonging your pooch’s life expectancy.
Don’t neglect– Our viewers can obtain 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will last long-lasting, it certainly makes the suggestion of a minimum of attempting as well as experimenting with fresh dog food much more possible, even for tight budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Let’s summarize the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-grade food
- Much better for digestion + may alleviate some health and wellness concerns and also allergic reaction problems
- Smaller, firmer, less fragrant poops
- Does not call for cautious dealing with like raw food does, while still providing some of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packets for added benefit and to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for making use of together with Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Benefit] Includes charming recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it concerns comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a long-lasting food alternative
- Not compatible with most problem playthings
- A little extra work than feeding kibble (although about the exact same quantity of effort as feeding wet canned dog food).
- Not extremely portable– it’s definitely not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not wonderful for training job– if you usually use your dog’s food as a training reward, wet fresh food just doesn’t function.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Most definitely provide Ollie a shot if you want to use your dog terrific grub.
It’s a very top notch fresh food with an impressive ingredient listing. While Ollie is a fantastic alternative for any kind of dog, proprietors of pet dogs who are choosy eaters, have delicate stomachs, or have suspicious poops will particularly take advantage of trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s definitely at the very least worth attempting and also examining for yourself if the advantages deserve the cost. While I really did not see any kind of remarkable changes in Remy, his poop enhancement were great, he loved the food, and it seems like the food may have assisted with his allergic reactions.
Be careful– you might have a bumpy ride going back to kibble when your dog offers you those large puppy dog eyes asking for even more of the fresh things!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately prepared with marginal handling to maintain nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing depends on the size of your dog ( larger canines call for ore food, so are a lot more costly to feed).
Normally, Ollie costs anywhere from roughly $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, and up to $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
Don’t neglect, you can also get superb price cuts on your initial order of Ollie with some of the deals discussed in this write-up.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food also flaunts outstanding protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the remarks listed below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing secured and hygienic in the refrigerator.
Consists of cute reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs components and fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie?