Today we’re evaluating the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to aid YOU choose– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment service that offers personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They supply a number of vet-designed dishes featuring USA-sourced poultry, lamb, turkey, or beef .
- Numerous proprietors discover that changing to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier layers, fewer allergic reactions, more energy, and better overall health and wellness for their pet dogs.
- Unique discount rate for our viewers– obtain 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand name that supplies direct shipment food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s dishes are made to focus on quality as well as freshness, with minimally-processed foods including big amounts of actual pet protein and also organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, and also added superfoods to benefit canine wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can give more nutrients to dogs than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s tough to claim for certain whether fresh dog food is naturally ” far better”, but it does appear that many canines that have actually formerly experienced some tummy problems or allergic reactions do better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair things worth keeping in mind concerning Ollie’s ingredient listing:
- Genuine meat is the leading component, adhered to by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 active ingredients as whole meats and also organ meats leads to a protein-packed composition, with recipes ranging from 35%– 44% protein (with a dry issue evaluation).
- Recipes consist of tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All recipes are created by vets.
- No fillers like wheat, corn, or soy .
- No man-made tastes, preservatives, or by-products.
- Dishes are minimally processed and human-grade– you could eat it, if you wished to!
For those who fidget about the FDA’s alert of a obscure connection between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive recipe; their poultry recipe has a healthy dose of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as other yummy components.
Ollie supplies 4 recipes that proprietors can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Poultry: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with dry issue evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with dry issue analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s enter my personal experience with Ollie and also see what Remy thought of everything.
Prefer video? You can look into our video review as well!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food got here, it was rather interesting!
Remy’s fresh food got here in icy blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cold that they melted my fingers a little– do not be foolish like me, use some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was safely packed away in the fridge freezer (we did have to make some significant room for his eats– simply a good justification to round off the gelato), I check out the material that came with the Ollie shipment.
I understand this is a small thing, however I absolutely like the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s adorable and– I have to state– really, actually useful. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little a discomfort. I needed to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing sealed and also hygienic in the fridge.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a excellent suitable for the fresh food packs, making it easy to stand out a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for supper.
It’s likewise worth noting that the food loads themselves are really well designed. The plastic tabs are easy to open up as well as the top sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it truly simple to dig the food.
The packets additionally have a little a lip on the top which took care of to maintain my counter quite darn clean– I rarely had a roaming piece of food make a mess. Less complicated cleanup is always appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any type of dog food button for that matter), it’s crucial to make the shift gradually. Changing your dog’s diet plan from one kind of food to another with no gradual shift is a dish for an indigestion.
This is part of the reason I constantly question people who assert that a certain brand of dog food provided their dog looseness of the bowels, as it could concern not properly migrating your dog to a brand-new food, rather than being totally the food’s mistake.
Anyway, as instructed, we started providing Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for 2 days, then switched to 1/2 and 1/2 for one more couple of days, before finally switching over completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy certainly enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! He could have liked it a little also much.
I usually feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has actually never ever made any kind of reaction from Remy in the past. He typically simply socializes or sleeps till I call him over for dinner.
After switching over to Ollie, Remy started to obtain really antsy at around 5:00 pm, whining at me to feed him. It was difficult to persevere and also make him wait!
His modification in mindset definitely appears to show that he’s a huge follower. That, and also the large quantities of drool he would certainly give as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was at first a little anxious concerning switching over to fresh dog food due to the fact that Remy absolutely likes consuming his dinner out of puzzle toys.
Generally we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also allow him have at it– he has so much fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Because fresh food is damp and also sticky , most of our favored kibble-dispensing puzzle toys were out when feeding with Ollie. I just determined to begin utilizing extra LickiMats and packed Kongs and also it functioned out great.
LickiMats are a pretty remarkable tool to utilize combined with fresh food– pushing the food right into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog significantly even more time to finish it, and the licking activity is very relaxing for distressed puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a incentive, try cold the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that ought to keep also ultra-hungry dogs occupied for at least 30 mins or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
So– after attempting Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the results?
Numerous proprietors have demonstrated noticing a shinier coat, reduced itching because of allergic reactions, improved power as well as– in many cases– also some behavioral improvements, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
But what about me– did I discover any type of kind of change in Remy? I did observe a few huge changes worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the significant points I discovered after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller, greener, and much less stinky– all general indicators of improved health and wellness.
2. Minimized Itching & Allergies
An additional thing I really did not quickly see till switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie certainly minimized Remy’s irritation.
Remy has actually been an itchy boy for a long time currently, so I’ve gotten pretty familiar with his licking and also scratching . I really did not make any certain note or observations concerning his itching when I changed Remy to Ollie.
When switching off of Ollie and back to his initial kibble, I quickly recognized Remy was itching and scraping much more than he did in the past.
Since he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot a lot more, suggesting that he probably has some allergy issues that Ollie had actually been assisting with. This means I’ll most likely end up making the switch back to Ollie eventually, or– at the minimum– will try out other kinds of foods that can help Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have visualized, Ollie isn’t precisely economical.
The exact cost of your Ollie shipment will certainly depend upon the dimension and demands of your dog, however Ollie costs approximately anywhere from about $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, and also approximately $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
This may be outdoors of numerous pet parents’ spending plans.
— it is worth thinking about some of the other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet regimen when assessing price vs value.
For one, complimentary distribution means time as well as effort saved considering that you will not require to consistently visit PetSmart and lug around huge bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-term might likewise imply fewer journeys to the vet’s workplace, saving serious cash money gradually as well as possibly extending your pooch’s lifespan.
Don’t forget– Our viewers can get 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will certainly last long-lasting, it definitely makes the suggestion of a minimum of exploring as well as trying with fresh dog food much more possible, also for limited spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Allow’s summarize the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-quality food
- Much better for food digestion + might alleviate some wellness issues and allergy problems
- Smaller sized, stronger, much less odorous poops
- Does not require careful dealing with like raw food does, while still giving several of the same
- Pre-portioned packets for included benefit and to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for making use of alongside Kongs or LickiMats
- [Bonus] Includes cute multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a long-lasting food alternative
- Not compatible with a lot of puzzle toys
- Slightly extra work than feeding kibble (although concerning the same amount of initiative as feeding damp canned dog food).
- Not extremely portable– it’s absolutely not as practical as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not great for training job– if you generally utilize your dog’s food as a training benefit, wet fresh food just does not function also.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Absolutely offer Ollie a try if you desire to offer your dog excellent grub.
It’s a really top quality fresh food with an impressive ingredient checklist. While Ollie is a terrific option for any type of dog, owners of canines who are particular eaters, have delicate stomachs, or have suspicious poops will specifically benefit from trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s certainly at least worth examining and trying for yourself if the benefits are worth the rate. While I really did not see any type of remarkable adjustments in Remy, his poop enhancement were wonderful, he loved the food, as well as it appears like the food might have assisted with his allergic reactions.
When your dog provides you those huge puppy dog eyes begging for more of the fresh stuff, be careful– you may have a tough time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately prepared with very little processing to preserve nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates depends on the size of your dog ( larger pets call for ore food, so are more pricey to feed).
Typically, Ollie sets you back anywhere from around $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as approximately $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
But do not neglect, you can also obtain great discounts on your very first order of Ollie with several of the deals discussed in this article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food also flaunts excellent protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the comments below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing sealed as well as sanitary in the fridge.
Includes charming reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie?