Today we’re assessing the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to help YOU determine– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery solution that gives customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They supply a number of vet-designed dishes including USA-sourced hen, turkey, lamb, or beef .
- Several proprietors discover that changing to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier coats, fewer allergic reactions, more energy, and also better overall wellness for their pet dogs.
- Special discount for our readers– get 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand that provides direct shipment food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s recipes are designed to focus on high quality as well as quality, with minimally-processed foods containing big amounts of real pet protein and body organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, and included superfoods to benefit canine health and wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can supply more nutrients to pets than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s hard to state for certain whether fresh dog food is inherently “better”, but it does appear that numerous pets that have actually previously experienced some tummy issues or allergies do much better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple things worth keeping in mind concerning Ollie’s component list:
- Actual meat is the top ingredient, complied with by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 components as entire meats as well as body organ meats results in a protein-packed composition, with recipes varying from 35%– 44% protein (with a completely dry issue analysis).
- Recipes include tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All recipes are designed by veterinarians.
- No fillers like corn, soy, or wheat .
- No synthetic flavors, preservatives, or by-products.
- Dishes are minimally refined as well as human-grade– you might eat it, if you wanted to!
For those who fidget regarding the FDA’s alert of a unknown correlation between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive dish; their chicken recipe includes a healthy and balanced dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as various other delicious ingredients.
Ollie supplies four dishes that owners can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with dry issue evaluation
- Poultry: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with dry issue analysis
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with dry matter analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s get involved in my individual experience with Ollie and also see what Remy thought of everything.
Prefer video? You can check out our video clip review too!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food got here, it was rather interesting!
Remy’s fresh food got here in frozen blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cool that they burned my fingers a little– do not be dumb like me, wear some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was securely packed away in the freezer (we did have to make some substantial space for his consumes– just a good justification to finish off the gelato), I check out the material that came with the Ollie shipment.
I know this is a small thing, however I definitely like the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s charming as well as– I have to state– truly, really valuable. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I needed to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever secured and sanitary in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a best fit for the fresh food packs, making it simple to stand out a half-pack in the container as well as whip it out for supper.
It’s likewise worth keeping in mind that the food packs themselves are really well designed. The plastic tabs are easy to open up and also the leading sheet of plastic slides right off, making it actually very easy to dig the food.
The packages also have a little bit of a lip on the top which managed to maintain my counter rather darn tidy– I seldom had a roaming item of food mistake. Simpler cleaning is always valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any dog food button for that issue), it’s essential to make the change gradually. Switching your dog’s diet regimen from one type of food to one more without any steady transition is a dish for an indigestion.
This is part of the factor I always examine folks that claim that a certain brand of dog food gave their dog looseness of the bowels, as it might relate to not effectively migrating your dog to a brand-new food, rather than being completely the food’s fault.
Anyhow, as advised, we started out providing Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his regular kibble. We did that for two days, after that switched to 1/2 and also 1/2 for an additional couple of days, before finally changing totally to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy certainly loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! He may have liked it a little also a lot.
I usually feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has actually never ever made any type of reaction from Remy in the past. He usually just hangs out or rests until I call him over for dinner.
But, after changing to Ollie, Remy started to obtain really impatient at around 5:00 pm, grumbling at me to feed him. It was tough to persevere as well as make him wait!
His change in mindset absolutely appears to suggest that he’s a large fan. That, and also the large amounts of drool he would certainly dispense as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was initially a little worried about switching to fresh dog food because Remy absolutely loves eating his supper out of challenge toys.
Generally we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and let him have at it– he has so much fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Because fresh food is sticky as well as wet , a number of our favorite kibble-dispensing puzzle toys were out when feeding with Ollie. Nonetheless, I simply made a decision to begin making use of more LickiMats and also packed Kongs as well as it worked out wonderful.
LickiMats are a quite remarkable device to use combined with fresh food– pressing the food right into a LickiMat will take your dog considerably even more time to finish it, and the licking motion is very relaxing for distressed puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus offer, attempt cold the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that need to keep also ultra-hungry canines occupied for a minimum of 30 minutes or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
— after trying Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the outcomes?
Lots of owners have actually demonstrated seeing a shinier coat, reduced itching as a result of allergies, boosted energy and also– sometimes– even some behavior improvements, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
What regarding me– did I see any type of kind of change in Remy? I did notice a few large modifications worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the major points I discovered after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller, greener, and much less smelly– all general indicators of better wellness.
2. Minimized Itching & Allergies
One more point I didn’t promptly observe up until switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie absolutely lowered Remy’s irritation.
Remy has actually been an itchy child for a long time currently, so I’ve gotten pretty accustomed to his scratching as well as licking . When I switched over Remy to Ollie, I really did not make any particular note or observations regarding his irritation.
When changing off of Ollie and also back to his original kibble, I swiftly understood Remy was itching and also scratching a lot even more than he did previously.
Because he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot a lot more, indicating that he probably has some allergic reaction issues that Ollie had actually been assisting with. This implies I’ll probably end up making the switch back to Ollie at some time, or– at the minimum– will certainly explore other kinds of foods that can help Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you may have pictured, Ollie isn’t exactly cheap.
The specific price of your Ollie delivery will depend upon the dimension and needs of your dog, yet Ollie prices approximately anywhere from about $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, and also up to $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
This may be outdoors of lots of pet parents’ budgets.
Nevertheless– it deserves taking into consideration some of the various other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet when reviewing cost vs worth.
For one, totally free distribution means time and also effort conserved since you won’t need to frequently go to PetSmart and lug around gigantic bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-term might additionally indicate fewer journeys to the veterinarian’s office, conserving serious cash with time as well as possibly expanding your pooch’s life expectancy.
Do not neglect– Our readers can obtain 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will certainly last long-term, it certainly makes the idea of at the very least trying out and trying with fresh dog food much more achievable, even for tight budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Allow’s summarize the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-grade food
- Much better for food digestion + may minimize some health problems as well as allergic reaction problems
- Smaller sized, stronger, less odorous poops
- Does not call for mindful dealing with like raw food does, while still giving a few of the same
- Pre-portioned packages for included comfort and to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for making use of alongside LickiMats or kongs
- [ Benefit] Consists of lovable reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it pertains to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a lasting food choice
- Not suitable with the majority of puzzle playthings
- Slightly extra work than feeding kibble (although about the exact same amount of initiative as feeding wet canned dog food).
- Not really portable– it’s certainly not as practical as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not excellent for training job– if you normally use your dog’s food as a training reward, damp fresh food just doesn’t work.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Definitely offer Ollie a try if you want to provide your dog fantastic grub.
It’s a really top quality fresh food with an impressive component listing. While Ollie is a wonderful option for any kind of dog, proprietors of canines that are particular eaters, have sensitive stomachs, or have suspicious poops will specifically benefit from trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s definitely a minimum of worth examining and also attempting for yourself if the benefits are worth the rate. While I didn’t see any kind of incredible adjustments in Remy, his poop improvement were wonderful, he was crazy about the food, as well as it feels like the food might have helped with his allergies.
When your dog offers you those huge puppy dog eyes begging for even more of the fresh things, be cautious– you might have a difficult time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately cooked with very little processing to preserve nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates relies on the size of your dog ( larger dogs call for ore food, so are extra expensive to feed).
Usually, Ollie sets you back anywhere from around $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, and as much as $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
Do not forget, you can likewise get fantastic price cuts on your very first order of Ollie with some of the offers pointed out in this write-up.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs components as well as fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food likewise boasts outstanding healthy protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the comments listed below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing sealed and also sanitary in the refrigerator.
Consists of lovable recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium active ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie?