Today we’re evaluating the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to assist YOU decide– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment service that supplies tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They supply a number of vet-designed dishes featuring USA-sourced poultry, turkey, lamb, or beef .
- Numerous proprietors find that changing to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier layers, fewer allergic reactions, even more power, as well as far better total health for their dogs.
- Unique discount rate for our readers– obtain 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand name that gives direct shipment food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s recipes are developed to focus on top quality and also quality, with minimally-processed foods having huge amounts of genuine animal protein and also body organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, and added superfoods to benefit canine wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can provide even more nutrients to pets than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s hard to say for sure whether fresh dog food is inherently ” much better”, yet it does seem that lots of pets that have formerly experienced some stomach problems or allergies do better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair things worth keeping in mind concerning Ollie’s component checklist:
- Genuine meat is the top component, followed by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 active ingredients as entire meats and also organ meats leads to a protein-packed structure, with recipes varying from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a completely dry issue analysis).
- Dishes consist of lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All recipes are designed by vets.
- No fillers like soy, corn, or wheat .
- No fabricated tastes, chemicals, or by-products.
- Recipes are minimally processed as well as human-grade– you might consume it, if you wished to!
For those that are nervous about the FDA’s alert of a obscure connection between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive dish; their hen dish has a healthy dose of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and also other yummy active ingredients.
Ollie provides 4 recipes that owners can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Poultry: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with dry issue analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with completely dry matter analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s enter into my individual experience with Ollie and see what Remy thought of it all.
Prefer video? You can take a look at our video clip testimonial too!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food got here, it was fairly exciting!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in icy blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cold that they melted my fingers a little– don’t be foolish like me, use some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was securely packed away in the fridge freezer (we did need to make some considerable space for his eats– simply a good justification to finish off the gelato), I go through the material that came with the Ollie shipment.
I know this is a small thing, yet I definitely enjoy the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s adorable and– I have to state– really, actually helpful. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever secured and sanitary in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a best fit for the fresh food packs, making it simple to pop a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for dinner.
It’s additionally worth noting that the food loads themselves are really well developed. The plastic tabs are simple to open up and the top sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it really easy to scoop out the food.
The packets likewise have a little bit of a lip on the top which managed to keep my counter pretty darn tidy– I seldom had a roaming item of food mistake. Easier clean-up is constantly appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any kind of dog food button for that matter), it’s essential to make the transition slowly. Changing your dog’s diet plan from one sort of food to an additional with no gradual shift is a recipe for an upset stomach.
This is part of the factor I always question folks that claim that a particular brand of dog food provided their dog looseness of the bowels, as it can have to do with not properly moving your dog to a brand-new food, instead of being completely the food’s mistake.
Anyhow, as instructed, we started providing Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his regular kibble. We did that for two days, after that changed to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for an additional number of days, prior to ultimately switching over entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy absolutely liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! Actually, he might have liked it a little excessive.
I generally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has never gained any kind of kind of response from Remy in the past. He typically simply hangs out or sleeps till I call him over for supper.
After changing to Ollie, Remy began to get extremely antsy at around 5:00 pm, grumbling at me to feed him. It was difficult to persevere as well as make him wait!
His adjustment in attitude certainly appears to indicate that he’s a large fan. That, as well as the generous quantities of drool he would dispense as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was at first a little anxious regarding switching to fresh dog food since Remy absolutely loves consuming his dinner out of challenge toys.
Typically we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also allow him have at it– he has so much fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Because fresh food is damp and sticky , much of our favored kibble-dispensing challenge toys were out when feeding with Ollie. However, I just determined to begin utilizing a lot more LickiMats and also packed Kongs and it worked out great.
LickiMats are a rather incredible tool to use together with fresh food– pressing the food right into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog substantially more time to complete it, as well as the licking movement is really relaxing for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a reward, attempt cold the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that ought to keep also ultra-hungry dogs inhabited for a minimum of 30 minutes or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
So– after trying Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the results?
Numerous proprietors have testified to seeing a shinier coat, reduced itching due to allergic reactions, enhanced power as well as– in many cases– even some behavioral improvements, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
However what concerning me– did I observe any kind of type of change in Remy? I did see a few large modifications worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the major points I observed after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller sized, greener, and a lot less stinky– all basic indicators of enhanced health.
2. Decreased Itching & Allergies
An additional thing I really did not quickly observe up until switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie absolutely minimized Remy’s itching.
Remy has actually been an itchy child for a long time now, so I’ve obtained pretty accustomed to his scratching and licking . I really did not make any kind of specific note or observations concerning his itchiness when I switched Remy to Ollie.
When switching over off of Ollie as well as back to his original kibble, I promptly recognized Remy was itching and scraping a lot even more than he did before.
Given that he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot more, suggesting that he probably has some allergy concerns that Ollie had actually been helping with. This means I’ll possibly wind up making the button back to Ollie at some point, or– at least– will experiment with various other kinds of foods that can aid Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have pictured, Ollie isn’t specifically cheap.
The precise rate of your Ollie shipment will certainly depend upon the size and also requirements of your dog, however Ollie expenses roughly anywhere from about $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, as well as as much as $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
However, this may be outside of several pet parents’ budget plans.
— it is worth considering some of the various other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when evaluating expense vs value.
For one, complimentary delivery means time as well as effort conserved because you won’t need to consistently go to PetSmart as well as haul around huge bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food lasting can additionally imply fewer journeys to the vet’s workplace, saving major cash gradually and potentially expanding your pooch’s life-span.
Do not fail to remember– Our readers can get 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will last lasting, it absolutely makes the idea of a minimum of attempting and trying out with fresh dog food much more possible, also for limited spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Allow’s sum up the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, top notch food
- Better for digestion + might minimize some wellness problems and allergic reaction issues
- Smaller, stronger, much less scent-laden poops
- Does not require mindful managing like raw food does, while still providing a few of the very same
- Pre-portioned packets for added ease and to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for using along with Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Perk] Includes lovable multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a long-term food choice
- Not suitable with the majority of challenge playthings
- Slightly more job than feeding kibble (although about the very same quantity of effort as feeding damp tinned dog food).
- Not extremely portable– it’s absolutely not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not excellent for training work– if you generally utilize your dog’s food as a training incentive, damp fresh food simply doesn’t function also.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you want to use your dog terrific grub, certainly provide Ollie a try.
It’s a extremely top notch fresh food with an impressive ingredient listing. While Ollie is a great alternative for any dog, proprietors of pets that are particular eaters, have delicate bellies, or have suspicious poops will particularly gain from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s certainly a minimum of worth trying as well as assessing for yourself if the advantages deserve the rate. While I didn’t see any type of incredible modifications in Remy, his poop renovation were terrific, he was crazy about the food, and also it seems like the food might have aided with his allergies.
When your dog offers you those big pup dog eyes pleading for even more of the fresh things, be careful– you might have a hard time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently cooked with marginal processing to preserve nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates relies on the size of your dog (bigger canines need ore food, so are much more costly to feed).
Normally, Ollie sets you back anywhere from approximately $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, and also as much as $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
But don’t neglect, you can additionally get amazing discount rates on your first order of Ollie with some of the bargains stated in this write-up.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food also flaunts excellent protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the comments listed below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing secured and hygienic in the refrigerator.
Consists of adorable reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie?