Today we’re evaluating the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to aid YOU decide– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution service that gives personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They provide a number of vet-designed recipes featuring USA-sourced poultry, turkey, lamb, or beef .
- Several owners discover that changing to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier layers, fewer allergies, even more power, as well as better overall health for their canines.
- Unique discount rate for our visitors– obtain 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand name that gives direct shipment food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s recipes are designed to concentrate on top quality as well as freshness, with minimally-processed foods having big amounts of actual animal protein and also body organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, and added superfoods to benefit canine wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can supply more nutrients to pets than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s hard to state without a doubt whether fresh dog food is naturally ” much better”, but it does appear that several pet dogs that have actually formerly endured some belly issues or allergic reactions do far better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple points worth keeping in mind regarding Ollie’s ingredient listing:
- Actual meat is the primary active ingredient, adhered to by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 components as entire meats and also body organ meats leads to a protein-packed structure, with recipes varying from 35%– 44% protein (with a completely dry matter evaluation).
- Dishes include tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All dishes are created by veterinarians.
- No fillers like wheat, soy, or corn .
- No artificial tastes, preservatives, or spin-offs.
- Recipes are minimally processed and human-grade– you could consume it, if you wished to!
For those who are nervous concerning the FDA’s alert of a obscure correlation in between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive dish; their hen dish has a healthy dose of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and various other tasty ingredients.
Ollie uses four recipes that owners can pick from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Hen: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with dry issue evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with dry issue analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s get into my personal experience with Ollie and also see what Remy idea of all of it.
Prefer video? You can take a look at our video clip evaluation as well!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was fairly exciting!
Remy’s fresh food got here in frozen blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cold that they melted my fingers a little– do not be foolish like me, use some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was safely packed away in the freezer (we did have to make some significant area for his consumes– just a great justification to round off the gelato), I go through the product that came with the Ollie delivery.
I recognize this is a small thing, yet I definitely enjoy the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s charming as well as– I need to state– truly, truly beneficial. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain whatever secured and hygienic in the fridge.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a ideal fit for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to stand out a half-pack in the container as well as whip it out for dinner.
It’s also worth noting that the food packs themselves are really well designed. The plastic tabs are simple to open up and also the leading sheet of plastic slides right off, making it actually easy to scoop out the food.
The packages likewise have a bit of a lip on the top which took care of to keep my counter rather darn tidy– I seldom had a roaming piece of food make a mess. Much easier cleaning is constantly valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any kind of dog food button for that issue), it’s vital to make the shift gradually. Changing your dog’s diet regimen from one kind of food to an additional without any progressive change is a recipe for an indigestion.
This becomes part of the reason I constantly question people who declare that a particular brand of dog food gave their dog diarrhea, as it might relate to not correctly migrating your dog to a brand-new food, rather than being entirely the food’s mistake.
Anyway, as instructed, we started giving Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his regular kibble. We did that for 2 days, after that switched to 1/2 and also 1/2 for another number of days, prior to ultimately changing completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy absolutely liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! Actually, he could have liked it a little way too much.
I typically feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has actually never ever earned any type of response from Remy in the past. He generally simply socializes or rests up until I call him over for dinner.
After switching to Ollie, Remy began to obtain extremely antsy at around 5:00 pm, whining at me to feed him. It was tough to persevere and also make him wait!
His adjustment in mindset absolutely seems to show that he’s a big fan. That, as well as the large quantities of drool he would give as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was originally a little worried concerning switching over to fresh dog food due to the fact that Remy absolutely enjoys eating his dinner out of challenge playthings.
Usually we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also let him have at it– he has so much fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Because fresh food is sticky and wet , much of our preferred kibble-dispensing challenge toys were out when feeding with Ollie. I simply decided to start utilizing much more LickiMats and packed Kongs and it functioned out excellent.
LickiMats are a pretty awesome tool to use together with fresh food– pushing the food right into a LickiMat will take your dog significantly even more time to complete it, and also the licking motion is really soothing for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a incentive, try freezing the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that must keep even ultra-hungry pet dogs inhabited for at the very least 30 minutes or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
— after attempting Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the outcomes?
Several proprietors have actually testified to noticing a shinier layer, decreased itching due to allergic reactions, improved power and also– in some cases– also some behavioral renovations, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
But what regarding me– did I notice any sort of modification in Remy? I did see a couple of big modifications worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the major things I discovered after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller sized, greener, and much less smelly– all basic signs of better health.
2. Minimized Itching & Allergies
An additional thing I didn’t instantly discover up until changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie certainly reduced Remy’s itching.
Remy has actually been an scratchy child for quite a while now, so I’ve obtained pretty accustomed to his licking and also scraping . When I switched over Remy to Ollie, I didn’t make any type of particular note or observations concerning his itchiness.
When switching off of Ollie and back to his initial kibble, I quickly recognized Remy was itching and also scratching a lot even more than he did before.
Because he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal much more, suggesting that he most likely has some allergy problems that Ollie had been helping with. This implies I’ll most likely end up making the button back to Ollie eventually, or– at the minimum– will explore other sort of foods that can help Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have thought of, Ollie isn’t exactly affordable.
The precise rate of your Ollie delivery will certainly depend upon the dimension and requirements of your dog, but Ollie costs approximately anywhere from around $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, and also as much as $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
Unfortunately, this may be beyond several pet moms and dads’ budgets.
— it is worth taking into consideration some of the various other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet regimen when examining expense vs value.
For one, complimentary shipment means time as well as initiative conserved considering that you won’t require to consistently visit PetSmart and also lug around huge bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-term could likewise indicate less journeys to the veterinarian’s workplace, conserving major money gradually and potentially prolonging your pooch’s lifespan.
Do not fail to remember– Our viewers can get 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will certainly last long-lasting, it absolutely makes the suggestion of at the very least experimenting and also attempting with fresh dog food far more attainable, even for limited spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Let’s summarize the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, top quality food
- Much better for food digestion + may reduce some health concerns and also allergic reaction problems
- Smaller, stronger, less odorous poops
- Doesn’t need careful managing like raw food does, while still supplying a few of the same
- Pre-portioned packets for included benefit and also to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for using together with Kongs or LickiMats
- [Bonus] Consists of adorable multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it pertains to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a long-term food alternative
- Not suitable with most problem toys
- Somewhat a lot more job than feeding kibble (although concerning the exact same amount of initiative as feeding wet canned dog food).
- Not extremely mobile– it’s absolutely not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not terrific for training job– if you usually utilize your dog’s food as a training incentive, damp fresh food just does not work also.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you want to supply your dog excellent grub, absolutely give Ollie a shot.
It’s a very top quality fresh food with an impressive ingredient checklist. While Ollie is a fantastic choice for any kind of dog, proprietors of dogs who are choosy eaters, have sensitive bellies, or have suspicious poops will particularly take advantage of attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s absolutely a minimum of worth assessing as well as trying for yourself if the advantages deserve the rate. While I really did not see any amazing changes in Remy, his poop renovation were terrific, he adored the food, and also it seems like the food might have assisted with his allergies.
Be cautious– you may have a tough time returning to kibble when your dog provides you those big puppy dog eyes begging for even more of the fresh things!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately prepared with very little handling to preserve nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates depends on the size of your dog (bigger pet dogs require ore food, so are much more costly to feed).
Typically, Ollie sets you back anywhere from approximately $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, and as much as $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
Yet do not fail to remember, you can additionally obtain great discount rates on your initial order of Ollie with some of the deals discussed in this article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium active ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food likewise boasts impressive healthy protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the remarks below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing sealed and hygienic in the fridge.
Consists of charming multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium components and also fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie?