Today we’re reviewing the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to aid YOU make a decision– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment solution that provides customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They use several vet-designed recipes featuring USA-sourced hen, turkey, lamb, or beef .
- Several proprietors find that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier layers, fewer allergies, more energy, and also better general health for their pets.
- Unique price cut for our readers– get 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand that offers straight distribution food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s recipes are developed to focus on high quality and also quality, with minimally-processed foods consisting of large quantities of genuine pet protein as well as organ meats, along with fruits, veggies, and included superfoods to profit canine wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can provide even more nutrients to pet dogs than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s difficult to state for certain whether fresh dog food is naturally ” far better”, however it does seem that many pet dogs that have actually previously suffered some tummy issues or allergies do better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair points worth noting concerning Ollie’s ingredient list:
- Genuine meat is the top component, adhered to by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 active ingredients as entire meats and body organ meats results in a protein-packed make-up, with dishes varying from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a completely dry matter analysis).
- Recipes consist of tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All recipes are created by vets.
- No fillers like soy, wheat, or corn .
- No fabricated tastes, chemicals, or spin-offs.
- Dishes are minimally refined and human-grade– you could eat it, if you wished to!
For those that are nervous concerning the FDA’s alert of a unclear connection between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive recipe; their hen dish consists of a healthy dosage of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and also other yummy ingredients.
Ollie supplies four recipes that owners can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Poultry: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with dry issue evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with completely dry issue analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s get into my personal experience with Ollie and see what Remy idea of everything.
Prefer video clip? You can look into our video clip evaluation as well!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food got here, it was quite interesting!
Remy’s fresh food got here in frozen blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so chilly that they shed my fingers a little– do not be foolish like me, use some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was securely stored in the fridge freezer (we did have to make some substantial space for his consumes– just a great reason to finish off the gelato), I read through the product that included the Ollie delivery.
I understand this is a small thing, yet I definitely enjoy the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s charming as well as– I need to claim– truly, really valuable. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever secured and also hygienic in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a perfect suitable for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to stand out a half-pack in the container and whip it out for dinner.
It’s additionally worth noting that the food loads themselves are really well developed. The plastic tabs are easy to open up as well as the leading sheet of plastic slides right off, making it really simple to scoop out the food.
The packets additionally have a little a lip on the top which took care of to keep my counter pretty darn clean– I hardly ever had a roaming item of food mistake. Easier cleaning is always valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any kind of dog food switch for that issue), it’s vital to make the shift slowly. Changing your dog’s diet plan from one sort of food to an additional with no progressive shift is a recipe for an upset stomach.
This becomes part of the factor I always question people that declare that a certain brand name of dog food provided their dog diarrhea, as it might involve not correctly moving your dog to a new food, instead of being entirely the food’s mistake.
Anyway, as advised, we started offering Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his regular kibble. We did that for two days, then changed to 1/2 and 1/2 for another couple of days, prior to lastly changing completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy definitely enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! Actually, he could have liked it a little too much.
I typically feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has never made any type of sort of response from Remy in the past. He generally simply hangs out or sleeps until I call him over for supper.
Yet, after switching to Ollie, Remy began to obtain very antsy at around 5:00 pm, whimpering at me to feed him. It was difficult to persevere as well as make him wait!
His adjustment in mindset definitely seems to show that he’s a large follower. That, and also the large amounts of drool he would give as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Because Remy absolutely likes eating his supper out of challenge playthings, I was originally a little nervous regarding changing to fresh dog food.
Usually we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also let him have at it– he has a lot fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Because fresh food is sticky and also wet , most of our favorite kibble-dispensing challenge playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. I just determined to begin using more LickiMats and also packed Kongs and also it functioned out excellent.
LickiMats are a rather amazing device to make use of along with fresh food– pushing the food right into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog considerably even more time to finish it, as well as the licking movement is really comforting for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus offer, try cold the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that should keep even ultra-hungry pets occupied for at least 30 minutes or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
So– after trying Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the results?
Many owners have born witness discovering a shinier coat, minimized itching due to allergic reactions, improved energy and also– in many cases– even some behavior enhancements, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
What concerning me– did I notice any kind of kind of change in Remy? I did see a few large modifications worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the significant things I saw after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller sized, greener, and also much less stinky– all basic signs of better health.
2. Lowered Itching & Allergies
An additional point I really did not promptly discover till switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie definitely minimized Remy’s itchiness.
Remy has actually been an scratchy kid for a long time now, so I’ve gotten quite accustomed to his licking and also damaging . I really did not make any certain note or observations regarding his irritation when I changed Remy to Ollie.
However, when switching off of Ollie as well as back to his original kibble, I promptly realized Remy was itching and scratching much more than he did in the past.
Since he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot more, indicating that he most likely has some allergic reaction issues that Ollie had actually been aiding with. This indicates I’ll probably end up making the button back to Ollie at some point, or– at the very least– will trying out various other type of foods that can assist Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have thought of, Ollie isn’t exactly economical.
The precise cost of your Ollie delivery will certainly rely on the size and needs of your dog, yet Ollie costs about anywhere from about $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, and also up to $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
Sadly, this may be beyond lots of pet moms and dads’ spending plans.
Nevertheless– it deserves thinking about some of the various other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet regimen when evaluating cost vs worth.
For one, totally free distribution means time and also effort saved since you won’t require to regularly check out PetSmart and also lug around gigantic bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-term might also imply fewer trips to the vet’s office, saving serious money with time and also potentially prolonging your pooch’s life-span.
Don’t forget– Our viewers can obtain 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will certainly last long-lasting, it definitely makes the suggestion of a minimum of trying and also experimenting with fresh dog food a lot more possible, also for limited spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Let’s sum up the advantages and disadvantages of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-quality food
- Much better for digestion + might relieve some health issues and allergy concerns
- Smaller sized, firmer, much less scent-laden poops
- Does not require careful taking care of like raw food does, while still supplying several of the very same
- Pre-portioned packages for included ease as well as to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for making use of alongside Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Benefit] Consists of cute reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it involves contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a lasting food option
- Not suitable with a lot of problem playthings
- A little much more job than feeding kibble (although regarding the very same amount of effort as feeding damp canned dog food).
- Not very portable– it’s absolutely not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not wonderful for training job– if you typically utilize your dog’s food as a training benefit, damp fresh food just does not function.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you want to use your dog wonderful grub, certainly give Ollie a shot.
It’s a extremely high-quality fresh food with an outstanding active ingredient list. While Ollie is a excellent choice for any type of dog, proprietors of pet dogs who are choosy eaters, have sensitive tummies, or have questionable poops will especially benefit from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s absolutely a minimum of worth trying and also examining on your own if the benefits are worth the cost. While I really did not see any kind of amazing changes in Remy, his poop improvement were excellent, he loved the food, and it looks like the food may have aided with his allergies.
When your dog provides you those large pup dog eyes asking for more of the fresh stuff, beware– you could have a challenging time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately cooked with minimal handling to keep nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates relies on the size of your dog (bigger pet dogs call for ore food, so are more expensive to feed).
Normally, Ollie sets you back anywhere from roughly $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, and also as much as $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
However don’t forget, you can additionally get wonderful price cuts on your very first order of Ollie with several of the deals stated in this post.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food additionally boasts excellent protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the comments listed below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything secured as well as sanitary in the refrigerator.
Consists of charming recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs components and also fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie?