Today we’re evaluating the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to help YOU determine– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution service that provides tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They offer a number of vet-designed recipes featuring USA-sourced chicken, turkey, beef, or lamb .
- Several owners find that changing to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier coats, less allergic reactions, more power, as well as better total health for their dogs.
- Special price cut for our readers– get 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand name that offers straight distribution food on a subscription basis.
Ollie’s dishes are made to concentrate on quality and quality, with minimally-processed foods consisting of big quantities of genuine pet protein and body organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, as well as added superfoods to benefit canine health.
The belief is that fresh foods can supply more nutrients to canines than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s hard to say for certain whether fresh dog food is inherently ” much better”, however it does appear that numerous dogs that have previously experienced some tummy issues or allergic reactions do much better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple things worth noting regarding Ollie’s ingredient checklist:
- Actual meat is the leading component, followed by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 components as entire meats and body organ meats results in a protein-packed make-up, with recipes varying from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a completely dry issue analysis).
- Dishes consist of lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All recipes are designed by veterinarians.
- No fillers like soy, corn, or wheat .
- No artificial tastes, preservatives, or byproducts.
- Recipes are minimally refined as well as human-grade– you can eat it, if you intended to!
For those that are nervous regarding the FDA’s alert of a undetermined relationship in between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive dish; their chicken recipe consists of a healthy dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and also various other tasty ingredients.
Ollie uses four recipes that owners can pick from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with dry matter evaluation
- Hen: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with completely dry issue evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s enter my individual experience with Ollie and also see what Remy idea of all of it.
Prefer video? You can have a look at our video clip testimonial as well!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food got here, it was quite amazing!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in icy blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cold that they melted my fingers a little– do not be stupid like me, put on some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was safely stored in the fridge freezer (we did have to make some considerable space for his consumes– just a excellent justification to round off the ice cream), I check out the product that featured the Ollie delivery.
I know this is a small thing, yet I absolutely like the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s adorable as well as– I have to claim– actually, really valuable. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything sealed and hygienic in the fridge.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a best fit for the fresh food packs, making it simple to pop a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for dinner.
It’s likewise worth keeping in mind that the food packs themselves are actually well made. The plastic tabs are simple to open and also the top sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it really easy to scoop out the food.
The packets likewise have a little bit of a lip on the top which managed to maintain my counter rather darn clean– I hardly ever had a stray piece of food mistake. Much easier clean-up is constantly valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any dog food switch for that issue), it’s vital to make the transition slowly. Changing your dog’s diet regimen from one kind of food to one more without any steady transition is a recipe for an indigestion.
This belongs to the factor I always examine people that claim that a particular brand of dog food gave their dog looseness of the bowels, as it can pertain to not appropriately moving your dog to a brand-new food, rather than being totally the food’s fault.
Anyhow, as advised, we started offering Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his regular kibble. We did that for two days, after that changed to 1/2 and also 1/2 for another couple of days, before finally switching over entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy absolutely loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! In fact, he could have liked it a little too much.
I generally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has actually never made any type of kind of response from Remy in the past. He normally simply hangs out or rests until I call him over for dinner.
Yet, after switching to Ollie, Remy began to obtain really restless at around 5:00 pm, whining at me to feed him. It was tough to persevere and also make him wait!
His change in attitude certainly seems to suggest that he’s a large fan. That, as well as the copious quantities of drool he would certainly give as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was originally a little worried about changing to fresh dog food because Remy absolutely loves consuming his supper out of problem playthings.
Typically we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and let him have at it– he has a lot enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Considering that fresh food is sticky as well as damp , a number of our preferred kibble-dispensing challenge toys were out when feeding with Ollie. Nevertheless, I simply decided to start using extra LickiMats and also packed Kongs and also it exercised wonderful.
LickiMats are a rather outstanding tool to make use of together with fresh food– pressing the food right into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog considerably more time to finish it, and also the licking motion is really soothing for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a reward, try cold the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that must keep even ultra-hungry pet dogs inhabited for a minimum of 30 mins or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
So– after attempting Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the results?
Many owners have testified to noticing a shinier coat, lowered itching due to allergic reactions, enhanced energy as well as– in many cases– even some behavior enhancements, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
What regarding me– did I notice any kind of change in Remy? I did see a couple of big changes worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the significant things I discovered after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller, greener, and much less foul-smelling– all general indications of enhanced health.
2. Minimized Itching & Allergies
An additional thing I didn’t immediately observe until changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie certainly minimized Remy’s itchiness.
Remy has been an itchy boy for a long time now, so I’ve obtained pretty familiar with his damaging and licking . When I switched Remy to Ollie, I really did not make any type of particular note or monitorings concerning his itchiness.
Yet, when switching off of Ollie and back to his initial kibble, I promptly realized Remy was itching as well as scratching much more than he did before.
Because he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal extra, suggesting that he probably has some allergy issues that Ollie had actually been helping with. This indicates I’ll most likely end up making the switch back to Ollie eventually, or– at the very least– will certainly try out various other type of foods that can assist Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have pictured, Ollie isn’t exactly economical.
The exact price of your Ollie delivery will depend on the dimension as well as needs of your dog, but Ollie expenses about anywhere from approximately $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, as well as approximately $11 daily for an 80 lb dog.
Sadly, this might be outside of numerous pet parents’ budget plans.
Nonetheless– it is worth taking into consideration several of the various other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when assessing expense vs worth.
For one, complimentary delivery means time and also effort conserved since you will not require to on a regular basis see PetSmart as well as carry around huge bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-term might additionally mean less journeys to the veterinarian’s workplace, saving severe cash money gradually and also potentially prolonging your pooch’s life expectancy.
Don’t fail to remember– Our viewers can obtain 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will certainly last lasting, it absolutely makes the suggestion of a minimum of experimenting and attempting with fresh dog food much more achievable, even for limited spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Allow’s sum up the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, top quality food
- Better for food digestion + might minimize some health concerns as well as allergic reaction problems
- Smaller, stronger, much less scent-laden poops
- Does not require mindful managing like raw food does, while still giving several of the very same
- Pre-portioned packages for added benefit and to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for using together with LickiMats or kongs
- [ Incentive] Consists of cute recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it pertains to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a long-lasting food option
- Not compatible with a lot of puzzle playthings
- Somewhat much more work than feeding kibble (although regarding the very same quantity of effort as feeding damp canned dog food).
- Not very mobile– it’s definitely not as practical as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not fantastic for training work– if you typically use your dog’s food as a training incentive, wet fresh food just doesn’t work.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you want to supply your dog fantastic grub, most definitely offer Ollie a try.
It’s a really high-grade fresh food with an impressive component checklist. While Ollie is a terrific alternative for any type of dog, owners of pet dogs that are choosy eaters, have delicate stomachs, or have questionable poops will specifically gain from trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s absolutely at least worth examining as well as attempting for yourself if the benefits are worth the price. While I really did not see any kind of incredible modifications in Remy, his poop renovation were terrific, he loved the food, as well as it looks like the food might have helped with his allergic reactions.
When your dog offers you those big puppy dog eyes asking for more of the fresh stuff, be cautious– you might have a tough time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully cooked with minimal handling to maintain nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices depends upon the size of your dog (bigger pets require ore food, so are a lot more pricey to feed).
Usually, Ollie costs anywhere from around $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, and approximately $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
Do not forget, you can additionally get amazing discounts on your very first order of Ollie with some of the bargains mentioned in this article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food likewise flaunts impressive healthy protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the comments listed below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain whatever secured as well as hygienic in the refrigerator.
Includes adorable multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs components and also fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie?