Today we’re reviewing the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to assist YOU make a decision– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution service that offers tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They use several vet-designed dishes featuring USA-sourced poultry, beef, lamb, or turkey .
- Numerous proprietors locate that changing to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier coats, fewer allergic reactions, even more power, and much better total wellness for their pet dogs.
- Unique discount for our visitors– get 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand name that supplies straight shipment food on a subscription basis.
Ollie’s dishes are made to focus on top quality and also freshness, with minimally-processed foods including huge amounts of actual pet protein and body organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, and included superfoods to benefit canine health and wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can offer more nutrients to canines than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s tough to claim for certain whether fresh dog food is naturally ” much better”, yet it does appear that many canines that have previously experienced some stomach concerns or allergies do much better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair points worth noting regarding Ollie’s active ingredient list:
- Genuine meat is the leading component, followed by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 active ingredients as entire meats as well as body organ meats leads to a protein-packed structure, with recipes varying from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a dry issue evaluation).
- Recipes include lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All recipes are created by vets.
- No fillers like soy, wheat, or corn .
- No man-made flavors, preservatives, or by-products.
- Recipes are minimally processed and human-grade– you could eat it, if you intended to!
For those who are nervous about the FDA’s alert of a undetermined relationship between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive recipe; their poultry dish contains a healthy dosage of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and also various other tasty ingredients.
Ollie supplies four recipes that owners can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Hen: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with dry matter analysis
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with dry issue analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with dry issue evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s get involved in my individual experience with Ollie and also see what Remy thought of everything.
Prefer video? You can look into our video testimonial as well!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food got here, it was rather exciting!
Remy’s fresh food got here in icy blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cool that they shed my fingers a little– don’t be dumb like me, put on some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was safely packed away in the fridge freezer (we did have to make some significant space for his consumes– simply a good justification to finish off the gelato), I go through the product that featured the Ollie delivery.
I recognize this is a small thing, but I definitely love the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s charming and also– I have to say– really, actually helpful. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain whatever sealed and hygienic in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a ideal fit for the fresh food packs, making it easy to stand out a half-pack in the container as well as whip it out for supper.
It’s additionally worth noting that the food packs themselves are truly well made. The plastic tabs are easy to open and the top sheet of plastic slides right off, making it actually simple to dig the food.
The packets also have a bit of a lip on the top which took care of to keep my counter quite darn tidy– I rarely had a roaming item of food make a mess. Much easier clean-up is constantly appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any dog food button for that issue), it’s crucial to make the change slowly. Switching your dog’s diet from one kind of food to an additional with no progressive transition is a recipe for an upset stomach.
This is part of the factor I constantly question individuals that claim that a specific brand name of dog food offered their dog looseness of the bowels, as it can concern not correctly migrating your dog to a new food, rather than being completely the food’s mistake.
Anyway, as advised, we started out offering Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for two days, then changed to 1/2 and also 1/2 for one more couple of days, before finally switching entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy most definitely enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! Actually, he might have liked it a little too much.
I normally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This timetable has never gained any type of kind of reaction from Remy in the past. He typically just hangs out or sleeps till I call him over for dinner.
After switching over to Ollie, Remy began to obtain very anxious at around 5:00 pm, grumbling at me to feed him. It was difficult to stand firm as well as make him wait!
His adjustment in perspective certainly seems to indicate that he’s a huge fan. That, as well as the massive amounts of drool he would dispense as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Due to the fact that Remy absolutely loves eating his dinner out of problem playthings, I was originally a little anxious regarding changing to fresh dog food.
Usually we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also let him have at it– he has a lot enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Considering that fresh food is sticky and damp , many of our preferred kibble-dispensing challenge toys were out when feeding with Ollie. I just determined to begin using much more LickiMats and packed Kongs as well as it worked out excellent.
LickiMats are a quite outstanding tool to utilize in conjunction with fresh food– pushing the food right into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog significantly even more time to finish it, and also the licking motion is extremely soothing for distressed puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus, try freezing the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that need to maintain even ultra-hungry dogs inhabited for at least 30 minutes or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
So– after attempting Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the outcomes?
Numerous proprietors have actually demonstrated observing a shinier coat, minimized itching because of allergic reactions, improved energy as well as– in many cases– also some behavior improvements, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
What about me– did I notice any kind of change in Remy? I did notice a couple of large changes worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the major things I observed after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller, greener, and also a lot less foul-smelling– all general indications of better health and wellness.
2. Decreased Itching & Allergies
Another thing I didn’t immediately notice until switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie absolutely decreased Remy’s itchiness.
Remy has actually been an itchy child for quite a while currently, so I’ve obtained pretty accustomed to his damaging and licking . When I changed Remy to Ollie, I really did not make any kind of particular note or monitorings concerning his itchiness.
When switching off of Ollie and also back to his original kibble, I quickly understood Remy was itching as well as damaging much more than he did in the past.
Because he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot extra, indicating that he probably has some allergy problems that Ollie had actually been assisting with. This implies I’ll probably end up making the switch back to Ollie eventually, or– at least– will certainly trying out other sort of foods that can assist Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have visualized, Ollie isn’t exactly affordable.
The specific cost of your Ollie delivery will certainly depend on the size and needs of your dog, however Ollie costs about anywhere from around $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, as well as up to $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
However, this may be beyond many pet moms and dads’ spending plans.
— it is worth taking into consideration some of the other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet regimen when evaluating price vs value.
For one, totally free shipment means time and also effort conserved considering that you will not require to frequently visit PetSmart and also carry around large bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-lasting could also indicate less journeys to the veterinarian’s office, conserving serious cash over time and potentially prolonging your pooch’s life expectancy.
Don’t fail to remember– Our readers can obtain 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will last lasting, it certainly makes the suggestion of at the very least exploring and attempting with fresh dog food far more attainable, even for limited budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Let’s sum up the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, top notch food
- Much better for food digestion + may ease some health concerns and also allergic reaction concerns
- Smaller, stronger, less scent-laden poops
- Does not call for careful handling like raw food does, while still offering a few of the same
- Pre-portioned packages for added benefit and to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for making use of along with Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Incentive] Consists of adorable multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it concerns comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a lasting food choice
- Not suitable with many challenge playthings
- Slightly extra job than feeding kibble (although concerning the same amount of initiative as feeding wet canned dog food).
- Not very mobile– it’s definitely not as practical as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not wonderful for training job– if you usually utilize your dog’s food as a training incentive, wet fresh food just doesn’t function as well.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you wish to offer your dog great grub, definitely provide Ollie a try.
It’s a very high-quality fresh food with an excellent ingredient list. While Ollie is a excellent option for any type of dog, owners of canines that are particular eaters, have sensitive bellies, or have questionable poops will particularly gain from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s definitely at the very least worth reviewing as well as trying on your own if the advantages deserve the price. While I really did not see any type of incredible adjustments in Remy, his poop enhancement were terrific, he was crazy about the food, and it looks like the food might have assisted with his allergic reactions.
Be cautious– you could have a tough time going back to kibble when your dog offers you those huge young puppy dog eyes pleading for more of the fresh things!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently prepared with very little processing to preserve nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates relies on the size of your dog ( larger dogs call for ore food, so are a lot more pricey to feed).
Typically, Ollie sets you back anywhere from roughly $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, and also approximately $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
Don’t forget, you can additionally obtain superb price cuts on your first order of Ollie with some of the deals mentioned in this write-up.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs active ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food likewise boasts impressive protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the comments below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything secured and hygienic in the fridge.
Includes cute multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs active ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie?