Today we’re examining the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to help YOU make a decision– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery solution that supplies tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They provide several vet-designed recipes featuring USA-sourced hen, beef, turkey, or lamb .
- Numerous owners find that switching to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier layers, less allergies, more power, and much better overall health for their canines.
- Unique price cut for our visitors– get 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand that supplies straight delivery food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s dishes are developed to focus on top quality and quality, with minimally-processed foods consisting of big quantities of real pet protein and organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, as well as added superfoods to profit canine health.
The idea is that fresh foods can supply more nutrients to pets than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s hard to state without a doubt whether fresh dog food is inherently ” much better”, yet it does appear that many pets that have actually previously endured some stomach problems or allergic reactions do much better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair things worth keeping in mind about Ollie’s ingredient checklist:
- Genuine meat is the number one active ingredient, adhered to by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 ingredients as whole meats and also organ meats leads to a protein-packed make-up, with recipes varying from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a completely dry matter analysis).
- Recipes consist of lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All recipes are developed by vets.
- No fillers like soy, corn, or wheat .
- No man-made tastes, preservatives, or spin-offs.
- Recipes are minimally refined and human-grade– you can consume it, if you wanted to!
For those that are nervous concerning the FDA’s alert of a obscure correlation in between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive dish; their hen recipe consists of a healthy and balanced dose of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and also other delicious components.
Ollie provides four dishes that proprietors can pick from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Poultry: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with dry matter evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with dry issue analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with completely dry issue analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s enter my personal experience with Ollie and also see what Remy thought of it all.
Prefer video? You can check out our video clip evaluation as well!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was quite amazing!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in icy blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cold that they burned my fingers a little– don’t be stupid like me, use some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was safely stored in the fridge freezer (we did need to make some considerable area for his consumes– just a great excuse to finish off the gelato), I check out the material that came with the Ollie delivery.
I understand this is a small thing, but I definitely like the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s charming and– I have to say– really, really valuable. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing sealed as well as hygienic in the fridge.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a best fit for the fresh food packs, making it easy to stand out a half-pack in the container as well as whip it out for supper.
It’s additionally worth noting that the food loads themselves are truly well created. The plastic tabs are very easy to open up and the leading sheet of plastic slides right off, making it really simple to dig the food.
The packets also have a bit of a lip on the top which took care of to maintain my counter pretty darn clean– I hardly ever had a roaming item of food mistake. Less complicated clean-up is constantly valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any type of dog food switch for that issue), it’s important to make the change gradually. Changing your dog’s diet regimen from one sort of food to an additional without any gradual shift is a recipe for an indigestion.
This belongs to the factor I always examine folks that assert that a specific brand of dog food provided their dog looseness of the bowels, as it might pertain to not properly moving your dog to a new food, as opposed to being totally the food’s fault.
Anyway, as advised, we started out offering Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for 2 days, then changed to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for one more couple of days, before finally switching over completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy most definitely loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! He could have liked it a little also a lot.
I usually feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has never made any type of type of reaction from Remy in the past. He generally just socializes or sleeps up until I call him over for supper.
But, after switching over to Ollie, Remy began to obtain extremely restless at around 5:00 pm, whining at me to feed him. It was tough to persevere as well as make him wait!
His adjustment in perspective certainly appears to suggest that he’s a large fan. That, as well as the massive amounts of drool he would give as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was at first a little anxious concerning switching over to fresh dog food because Remy absolutely enjoys eating his dinner out of challenge playthings.
Generally we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as allow him have at it– he has a lot enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Because fresh food is sticky and damp , most of our preferred kibble-dispensing challenge toys were out when feeding with Ollie. I simply chose to begin utilizing extra LickiMats and also stuffed Kongs and also it functioned out great.
LickiMats are a rather incredible device to utilize along with fresh food– pressing the food into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog significantly even more time to complete it, and the licking activity is really soothing for distressed puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a incentive, try freezing the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that ought to keep even ultra-hungry pet dogs inhabited for at least 30 minutes or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
— after attempting Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the results?
Lots of owners have actually born witness observing a shinier coat, minimized itching due to allergic reactions, enhanced power and– sometimes– even some behavioral improvements, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
However what regarding me– did I see any type of sort of adjustment in Remy? I did observe a couple of huge adjustments worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the significant things I observed after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller sized, greener, and a lot less smelly– all basic indicators of better health and wellness.
2. Lowered Itching & Allergies
Another point I really did not right away see up until switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie absolutely reduced Remy’s itchiness.
Remy has actually been an scratchy boy for a long time currently, so I’ve obtained quite accustomed to his damaging as well as licking . When I changed Remy to Ollie, I didn’t make any kind of particular note or monitorings regarding his itching.
When switching off of Ollie as well as back to his initial kibble, I swiftly recognized Remy was itching and also scraping a lot more than he did in the past.
Because he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot a lot more, showing that he most likely has some allergy problems that Ollie had actually been helping with. This means I’ll most likely end up making the button back to Ollie at some time, or– at least– will certainly try out other type of foods that can assist Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have thought of, Ollie isn’t exactly economical.
The specific rate of your Ollie shipment will rely on the dimension and also demands of your dog, yet Ollie expenses approximately anywhere from about $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, and up to $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
This may be outdoors of many pet moms and dads’ budget plans.
— it is worth taking into consideration some of the various other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet regimen when reviewing expense vs worth.
For one, free distribution means time and also effort saved because you won’t require to regularly see PetSmart and also carry around gigantic bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food lasting can also indicate fewer trips to the vet’s workplace, conserving serious cash money in time and possibly prolonging your pooch’s life expectancy.
Do not neglect– Our visitors can get 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will certainly last lasting, it certainly makes the concept of at the very least trying as well as exploring with fresh dog food a lot more attainable, even for tight budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Let’s summarize the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, top quality food
- Much better for food digestion + may reduce some health problems and allergy issues
- Smaller, firmer, less odorous poops
- Does not require mindful dealing with like raw food does, while still supplying some of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packages for included comfort as well as to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for using along with LickiMats or kongs
- [ Incentive] Includes charming recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it involves contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a long-term food choice
- Not compatible with most problem playthings
- A little a lot more work than feeding kibble (although about the same quantity of effort as feeding wet tinned dog food).
- Not really portable– it’s certainly not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not wonderful for training job– if you typically use your dog’s food as a training reward, damp fresh food simply doesn’t function also.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Definitely give Ollie a try if you want to use your dog excellent grub.
It’s a extremely high-quality fresh food with an remarkable active ingredient checklist. While Ollie is a wonderful alternative for any dog, owners of dogs who are fussy eaters, have sensitive tummies, or have suspicious poops will especially gain from trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s definitely a minimum of worth trying as well as assessing for yourself if the benefits are worth the rate. While I really did not see any type of amazing adjustments in Remy, his poop improvement were excellent, he adored the food, and it looks like the food may have helped with his allergies.
Be careful– you could have a bumpy ride going back to kibble when your dog gives you those huge pup dog eyes begging for even more of the fresh stuff!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully cooked with very little handling to preserve nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices depends upon the size of your dog ( larger canines need ore food, so are a lot more costly to feed).
Normally, Ollie sets you back anywhere from around $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, and as much as $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
But don’t neglect, you can additionally obtain fantastic discounts on your first order of Ollie with a few of the bargains pointed out in this write-up.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food additionally boasts outstanding protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the comments below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing sealed and also sanitary in the fridge.
Consists of lovable multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs components and also fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie?