Today we’re evaluating the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to assist YOU determine– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution service that gives personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They offer numerous vet-designed dishes featuring USA-sourced hen, turkey, beef, or lamb .
- Lots of owners locate that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier layers, less allergic reactions, even more power, and much better overall health for their dogs.
- Unique discount for our readers– obtain 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand that offers direct shipment food on a subscription basis.
Ollie’s dishes are designed to focus on quality and quality, with minimally-processed foods containing big amounts of genuine pet protein and also organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, and also included superfoods to benefit canine wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can provide more nutrients to pets than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s hard to state without a doubt whether fresh dog food is naturally ” much better”, however it does seem that lots of canines that have previously endured some tummy issues or allergies do far better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair points worth keeping in mind about Ollie’s component checklist:
- Actual meat is the leading ingredient, complied with by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 active ingredients as entire meats and also body organ meats causes a protein-packed composition, with dishes ranging from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a dry issue analysis).
- Recipes include lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All dishes are developed by veterinarians.
- No fillers like wheat, corn, or soy .
- No artificial flavors, preservatives, or spin-offs.
- Dishes are minimally refined as well as human-grade– you might eat it, if you intended to!
For those that are nervous regarding the FDA’s alert of a undetermined connection in between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive dish; their hen dish has a healthy and balanced dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and various other tasty active ingredients.
Ollie provides 4 dishes that owners can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with dry matter analysis
- Hen: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with dry issue evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with dry issue analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s enter my individual experience with Ollie and also see what Remy idea of everything.
Prefer video? You can check out our video clip review as well!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food got here, it was quite amazing!
Remy’s fresh food got here in frozen blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cool that they shed my fingers a little– don’t be stupid like me, put on some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was securely packed away in the freezer (we did need to make some substantial area for his consumes– just a great justification to finish off the gelato), I check out the material that featured the Ollie delivery.
I recognize this is a small thing, however I absolutely enjoy the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s cute and also– I need to claim– truly, actually beneficial. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I needed to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything secured and also hygienic in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a perfect fit for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to pop a half-pack in the container and whip it out for supper.
It’s also worth keeping in mind that the food packs themselves are truly well developed. The plastic tabs are easy to open as well as the leading sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it actually easy to dig the food.
The packages additionally have a bit of a lip on the top which took care of to keep my counter rather darn tidy– I rarely had a roaming item of food mistake. Less complicated cleaning is always appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any kind of dog food switch for that matter), it’s crucial to make the change gradually. Changing your dog’s diet regimen from one type of food to an additional with no steady transition is a dish for an indigestion.
This becomes part of the factor I constantly examine individuals that assert that a specific brand of dog food provided their dog diarrhea, as it might have to do with not effectively moving your dog to a brand-new food, rather than being totally the food’s fault.
Anyhow, as instructed, we started out providing Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for two days, then switched to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for an additional number of days, prior to finally changing entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy absolutely loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! He could have liked it a little too much.
I normally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This timetable has never ever made any type of reaction from Remy in the past. He normally simply hangs around or sleeps until I call him over for dinner.
But, after switching over to Ollie, Remy started to get extremely antsy at around 5:00 pm, grumbling at me to feed him. It was tough to persevere as well as make him wait!
His change in perspective definitely seems to indicate that he’s a big follower. That, as well as the generous quantities of drool he would certainly give as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was originally a little anxious concerning changing to fresh dog food because Remy absolutely loves consuming his supper out of puzzle toys.
Generally we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as let him have at it– he has so much enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Given that fresh food is damp as well as sticky , most of our preferred kibble-dispensing puzzle toys were out when feeding with Ollie. I just determined to start using more LickiMats and also packed Kongs and it functioned out great.
LickiMats are a quite outstanding tool to utilize in conjunction with fresh food– pushing the food into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog significantly even more time to complete it, and also the licking motion is extremely comforting for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus offer, try freezing the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that must keep even ultra-hungry dogs occupied for at least 30 minutes or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
— after attempting Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the results?
Several owners have actually testified to observing a shinier layer, minimized itching due to allergies, enhanced power as well as– in some cases– also some behavioral improvements, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
What about me– did I see any type of kind of modification in Remy? I did discover a couple of big adjustments worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the significant points I noticed after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller sized, greener, and a lot less foul-smelling– all general indications of enhanced health.
2. Minimized Itching & Allergies
Another thing I really did not promptly observe till switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie most definitely decreased Remy’s itching.
Remy has been an itchy young boy for a long time now, so I’ve gotten pretty accustomed to his damaging and licking . When I changed Remy to Ollie, I didn’t make any type of particular note or monitorings regarding his itchiness.
When switching off of Ollie and back to his initial kibble, I rapidly recognized Remy was itching as well as damaging much more than he did previously.
Considering that he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal a lot more, showing that he probably has some allergic reaction problems that Ollie had been aiding with. This means I’ll probably wind up making the button back to Ollie at some point, or– at the minimum– will certainly explore various other sort of foods that can aid Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have thought of, Ollie isn’t precisely cheap.
The exact cost of your Ollie shipment will depend upon the size as well as needs of your dog, but Ollie expenses roughly anywhere from approximately $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as up to $11 daily for an 80 lb dog.
Unfortunately, this might be outside of numerous pet moms and dads’ spending plans.
Nevertheless– it is worth considering several of the various other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when reviewing price vs worth.
For one, cost-free distribution means time and also initiative saved considering that you won’t need to on a regular basis see PetSmart and carry around gigantic bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-term might additionally imply less journeys to the vet’s office, saving serious money gradually as well as potentially expanding your pooch’s life expectancy.
Do not forget– Our viewers can obtain 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will certainly last long-term, it certainly makes the concept of a minimum of trying and exploring with fresh dog food much more possible, also for tight budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Let’s summarize the advantages and disadvantages of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-quality food
- Better for food digestion + may reduce some health problems and also allergy concerns
- Smaller sized, stronger, much less fragrant poops
- Doesn’t call for careful managing like raw food does, while still giving several of the same
- Pre-portioned packages for added convenience as well as to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for using together with LickiMats or kongs
- [ Bonus offer] Includes charming reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it concerns contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a lasting food option
- Not compatible with the majority of challenge toys
- Slightly much more work than feeding kibble (although concerning the same quantity of initiative as feeding damp canned dog food).
- Not really mobile– it’s absolutely not as practical as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not excellent for training work– if you generally use your dog’s food as a training benefit, damp fresh food simply does not work too.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Absolutely offer Ollie a try if you want to supply your dog wonderful grub.
It’s a extremely top notch fresh food with an outstanding ingredient listing. While Ollie is a excellent choice for any dog, proprietors of pets who are particular eaters, have delicate tummies, or have suspicious poops will especially take advantage of trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s definitely a minimum of worth attempting and also assessing on your own if the advantages are worth the cost. While I really did not see any type of remarkable changes in Remy, his poop enhancement were excellent, he was crazy about the food, and it appears like the food may have helped with his allergic reactions.
Be cautious– you may have a difficult time returning to kibble when your dog provides you those large puppy dog eyes pleading for even more of the fresh stuff!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully cooked with very little handling to keep nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices relies on the dimension of your dog ( larger pets call for ore food, so are extra costly to feed).
Usually, Ollie sets you back anywhere from around $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, and approximately $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
However do not fail to remember, you can additionally get superb price cuts on your very first order of Ollie with a few of the offers discussed in this post.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food likewise flaunts remarkable protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the comments below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever secured as well as hygienic in the fridge.
Includes lovable multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium components and also fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie?