Today we’re assessing the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to aid YOU make a decision– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery service that gives customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They use a number of vet-designed dishes including USA-sourced chicken, lamb, beef, or turkey .
- Many owners discover that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier coats, less allergic reactions, even more power, and far better overall wellness for their pet dogs.
- Special discount rate for our visitors– obtain 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand name that supplies direct delivery food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s dishes are made to focus on top quality and quality, with minimally-processed foods having huge quantities of real pet healthy protein and organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, and added superfoods to profit canine wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can provide even more nutrients to pets than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s difficult to say for certain whether fresh dog food is naturally ” much better”, however it does seem that many pets that have actually formerly suffered some belly concerns or allergies do much better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple points worth noting concerning Ollie’s component checklist:
- Genuine meat is the primary component, adhered to by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 ingredients as whole meats as well as body organ meats results in a protein-packed structure, with recipes ranging from 35%– 44% protein (with a completely dry issue evaluation).
- Recipes include lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All recipes are created by veterinarians.
- No fillers like wheat, corn, or soy .
- No artificial tastes, chemicals, or byproducts.
- Recipes are minimally refined and also human-grade– you might eat it, if you intended to!
For those that are nervous regarding the FDA’s alert of a undetermined correlation between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive recipe; their chicken dish has a healthy dose of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and also other yummy components.
Ollie provides four recipes that proprietors can pick from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with dry issue evaluation
- Poultry: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with dry issue evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with dry matter evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s enter into my personal experience with Ollie and see what Remy thought of all of it.
Prefer video? You can check out our video clip testimonial as well!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was rather interesting!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in icy blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cool that they burned my fingers a little– don’t be dumb like me, wear some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was safely packed away in the freezer (we did need to make some significant room for his eats– just a good excuse to finish off the gelato), I read through the product that included the Ollie delivery.
I understand this is a small thing, but I absolutely enjoy the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s charming as well as– I have to state– truly, truly helpful. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything sealed and also hygienic in the fridge.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a excellent suitable for the fresh food packs, making it simple to pop a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for dinner.
It’s additionally worth keeping in mind that the food packs themselves are truly well designed. The plastic tabs are simple to open up and also the leading sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it actually very easy to dig the food.
The packages also have a little a lip on the top which managed to keep my counter quite darn clean– I seldom had a stray item of food mistake. Much easier clean-up is constantly appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any dog food button for that issue), it’s essential to make the shift gradually. Switching your dog’s diet plan from one kind of food to another without any steady shift is a recipe for an indigestion.
This becomes part of the reason I constantly examine individuals that declare that a certain brand name of dog food gave their dog looseness of the bowels, as it might concern not effectively moving your dog to a new food, rather than being totally the food’s mistake.
Anyhow, as advised, we began giving Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his regular kibble. We did that for 2 days, after that changed to 1/2 and also 1/2 for one more number of days, prior to lastly switching over entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy definitely loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! He may have liked it a little too a lot.
I normally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has actually never made any sort of reaction from Remy in the past. He typically simply hangs out or rests till I call him over for dinner.
But, after switching to Ollie, Remy started to get extremely impatient at around 5:00 pm, grumbling at me to feed him. It was difficult to stand firm and also make him wait!
His change in attitude certainly appears to suggest that he’s a big fan. That, as well as the generous amounts of drool he would certainly dispense as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Because Remy absolutely likes consuming his supper out of problem toys, I was initially a little anxious regarding changing to fresh dog food.
Generally we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as allow him have at it– he has so much fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Considering that fresh food is sticky as well as damp , many of our favorite kibble-dispensing challenge toys were out when feeding with Ollie. However, I simply made a decision to start using more LickiMats and also packed Kongs as well as it worked out excellent.
LickiMats are a rather awesome tool to utilize along with fresh food– pressing the food into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog significantly even more time to complete it, and also the licking motion is very soothing for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a incentive, try freezing the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that ought to keep also ultra-hungry pet dogs occupied for at least 30 minutes or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
— after attempting Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the outcomes?
Many proprietors have testified to observing a shinier layer, reduced itching because of allergic reactions, improved energy and– in some cases– also some behavioral renovations, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
What concerning me– did I see any type of kind of change in Remy? I did observe a few large modifications worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the significant points I noticed after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller, greener, and much less stinky– all basic indicators of improved health and wellness.
2. Decreased Itching & Allergies
One more thing I really did not immediately discover up until switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie most definitely reduced Remy’s irritation.
Remy has actually been an itchy child for a long time now, so I’ve obtained quite familiar with his scraping and also licking . When I switched Remy to Ollie, I didn’t make any type of specific note or monitorings concerning his itchiness.
Yet, when switching off of Ollie as well as back to his original kibble, I promptly realized Remy was itching as well as damaging far more than he did previously.
Because he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot a lot more, suggesting that he possibly has some allergic reaction problems that Ollie had actually been assisting with. This implies I’ll most likely end up making the button back to Ollie eventually, or– at the very least– will certainly try out various other type of foods that can assist Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have thought of, Ollie isn’t specifically economical.
The precise rate of your Ollie shipment will certainly depend on the dimension and requirements of your dog, but Ollie expenses roughly anywhere from around $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, as well as approximately $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
However, this might be beyond lots of pet parents’ spending plans.
— it is worth taking into consideration some of the other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet when examining price vs worth.
For one, cost-free distribution means time as well as effort conserved since you will not need to on a regular basis check out PetSmart as well as carry around huge bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-term might additionally imply fewer trips to the veterinarian’s office, conserving serious cash money with time as well as possibly prolonging your pooch’s lifespan.
Do not neglect– Our viewers can obtain 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will last long-term, it certainly makes the idea of at the very least trying out as well as attempting with fresh dog food a lot more attainable, also for tight budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Allow’s summarize the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, premium food
- Better for digestion + might minimize some wellness problems and allergic reaction issues
- Smaller, stronger, less fragrant poops
- Doesn’t call for cautious taking care of like raw food does, while still providing some of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packets for added comfort and to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for utilizing alongside Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Incentive] Includes adorable recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a long-lasting food choice
- Not suitable with many puzzle toys
- Somewhat a lot more work than feeding kibble (although about the same amount of initiative as feeding damp tinned dog food).
- Not very mobile– it’s certainly not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not great for training job– if you usually utilize your dog’s food as a training incentive, wet fresh food just doesn’t function too.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Absolutely offer Ollie a try if you desire to supply your dog great grub.
It’s a really high-quality fresh food with an excellent ingredient listing. While Ollie is a excellent choice for any dog, owners of pet dogs that are choosy eaters, have delicate tummies, or have doubtful poops will specifically gain from trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s definitely at least worth attempting and also examining for yourself if the advantages are worth the cost. While I didn’t see any type of miraculous adjustments in Remy, his poop enhancement were terrific, he loved the food, and also it appears like the food might have helped with his allergic reactions.
Be careful– you might have a tough time going back to kibble when your dog offers you those big puppy dog eyes pleading for more of the fresh stuff!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully cooked with minimal processing to maintain nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates depends on the dimension of your dog ( larger pets require ore food, so are extra costly to feed).
Normally, Ollie sets you back anywhere from around $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, and up to $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
Don’t fail to remember, you can also obtain superb discounts on your first order of Ollie with some of the deals stated in this post.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs components and fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food likewise flaunts excellent healthy protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the comments below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever secured as well as sanitary in the refrigerator.
Includes cute reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium active ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie?