Food Dog Collar
Today we’re evaluating the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to help YOU determine– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution service that supplies tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They provide several vet-designed dishes including USA-sourced chicken, beef, turkey, or lamb .
- Many proprietors discover that changing to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier layers, less allergies, even more power, and also far better overall health for their dogs.
- Special price cut for our readers– get 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand name that gives straight delivery food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s recipes are developed to concentrate on high quality and also quality, with minimally-processed foods consisting of big quantities of actual animal protein as well as body organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, and included superfoods to benefit canine wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can give even more nutrients to pets than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s hard to state for sure whether fresh dog food is naturally “better”, but it does appear that many pet dogs that have previously experienced some belly concerns or allergic reactions do far better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple points worth keeping in mind regarding Ollie’s component list:
- Genuine meat is the leading active ingredient, followed by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 ingredients as whole meats and body organ meats causes a protein-packed make-up, with dishes varying from 35%– 44% protein (with a completely dry issue evaluation).
- Dishes consist of tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All dishes are created by veterinarians.
- No fillers like soy, wheat, or corn .
- No fabricated tastes, preservatives, or spin-offs.
- Recipes are minimally refined and human-grade– you can consume it, if you intended to!
For those who fidget concerning the FDA’s alert of a undetermined correlation in between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive recipe; their hen recipe consists of a healthy dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and other yummy components.
Ollie provides 4 recipes that proprietors can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with dry issue evaluation
- Hen: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with dry issue analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s enter my personal experience with Ollie as well as see what Remy idea of it all.
Prefer video clip? You can have a look at our video evaluation as well!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was fairly exciting!
Remy’s fresh food got here in frozen blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so chilly that they shed my fingers a little– do not be foolish like me, put on some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was safely packed away in the freezer (we did need to make some significant area for his eats– just a great excuse to finish off the gelato), I read through the product that featured the Ollie delivery.
I know this is a small thing, yet I definitely love the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s charming and also– I need to state– truly, actually beneficial. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little a pain. I needed to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing sealed as well as sanitary in the fridge.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a best fit for the fresh food packs, making it easy to stand out a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for dinner.
It’s also worth keeping in mind that the food loads themselves are truly well created. The plastic tabs are easy to open up and the leading sheet of plastic slides right off, making it really easy to dig the food.
The packages additionally have a little bit of a lip on the top which managed to maintain my counter rather darn clean– I rarely had a stray item of food mistake. Simpler cleanup is always appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any type of dog food button for that issue), it’s vital to make the shift slowly. Changing your dog’s diet from one sort of food to an additional without any gradual transition is a recipe for an indigestion.
This becomes part of the reason I constantly question people who claim that a particular brand name of dog food offered their dog diarrhea, as it might involve not properly moving your dog to a brand-new food, as opposed to being completely the food’s fault.
Anyhow, as advised, we started out offering Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for 2 days, then switched to 1/2 and also 1/2 for one more couple of days, prior to lastly changing entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy absolutely loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! He could have liked it a little as well much.
I usually feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has never ever gained any type of response from Remy in the past. He generally just socializes or rests until I call him over for dinner.
But, after changing to Ollie, Remy began to obtain really anxious at around 5:00 pm, yawping at me to feed him. It was tough to stand firm and make him wait!
His modification in perspective certainly appears to show that he’s a big fan. That, as well as the copious amounts of drool he would give as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was initially a little anxious about changing to fresh dog food since Remy definitely enjoys eating his dinner out of challenge toys.
Normally we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also let him have at it– he has a lot fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Since fresh food is wet and sticky , most of our preferred kibble-dispensing challenge toys were out when feeding with Ollie. I just decided to start utilizing a lot more LickiMats and stuffed Kongs as well as it functioned out excellent.
LickiMats are a pretty remarkable device to use combined with fresh food– pressing the food into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog significantly more time to finish it, and the licking motion is very calming for distressed puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus offer, attempt cold the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that should maintain also ultra-hungry dogs inhabited for at least 30 minutes or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
— after trying Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the outcomes?
Lots of owners have born witness discovering a shinier layer, lowered itching because of allergies, boosted power and also– sometimes– even some behavioral improvements, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
What concerning me– did I observe any kind of change in Remy? I did observe a few huge modifications worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the significant points I saw after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller, greener, and also much less stinky– all general signs of enhanced health.
2. Decreased Itching & Allergies
One more point I really did not instantly see till changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie most definitely minimized Remy’s itchiness.
Remy has actually been an itchy boy for a long time now, so I’ve gotten pretty accustomed to his licking as well as scratching . I really did not make any kind of particular note or observations concerning his itching when I switched Remy to Ollie.
Yet, when switching off of Ollie as well as back to his original kibble, I promptly realized Remy was itching as well as damaging a lot more than he did before.
Given that he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal extra, showing that he probably has some allergic reaction issues that Ollie had been assisting with. This indicates I’ll probably wind up making the button back to Ollie at some time, or– at least– will certainly try out other sort of foods that can assist Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you may have imagined, Ollie isn’t exactly economical.
The specific price of your Ollie delivery will rely on the dimension as well as requirements of your dog, however Ollie prices approximately anywhere from approximately $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, and up to $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
However, this may be beyond lots of pet moms and dads’ budget plans.
— it is worth considering some of the various other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet regimen when reviewing price vs value.
For one, free distribution means time and initiative conserved since you will not need to consistently see PetSmart and haul around giant bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food lasting can also mean less trips to the veterinarian’s workplace, conserving significant cash money gradually and also possibly prolonging your pooch’s lifespan.
Don’t fail to remember– Our readers can get 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will certainly last long-term, it certainly makes the idea of a minimum of exploring and attempting with fresh dog food much more attainable, even for limited budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Let’s sum up the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-grade food
- Better for food digestion + may reduce some wellness problems as well as allergy concerns
- Smaller sized, stronger, much less fragrant poops
- Does not need mindful managing like raw food does, while still offering some of the very same
- Pre-portioned packets for included benefit as well as to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for utilizing alongside Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Reward] Includes charming reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it involves comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a lasting food choice
- Not compatible with most puzzle playthings
- Slightly a lot more work than feeding kibble (although concerning the very same quantity of effort as feeding wet tinned dog food).
- Not really mobile– it’s certainly not as practical as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not wonderful for training job– if you normally use your dog’s food as a training incentive, wet fresh food simply doesn’t function.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you intend to supply your dog wonderful grub, absolutely provide Ollie a shot.
It’s a really top quality fresh food with an outstanding component listing. While Ollie is a fantastic alternative for any dog, proprietors of canines who are choosy eaters, have delicate stomachs, or have suspicious poops will particularly take advantage of attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s absolutely a minimum of worth attempting and examining on your own if the benefits are worth the cost. While I didn’t see any miraculous changes in Remy, his poop renovation were fantastic, he loved the food, and it looks like the food might have assisted with his allergies.
Be cautious– you could have a bumpy ride going back to kibble when your dog gives you those huge young puppy dog eyes pleading for more of the fresh stuff!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully cooked with minimal processing to keep nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates relies on the size of your dog (bigger pets call for ore food, so are a lot more costly to feed).
Usually, Ollie costs anywhere from approximately $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, and also as much as $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
Don’t fail to remember, you can likewise obtain wonderful discounts on your initial order of Ollie with some of the deals mentioned in this write-up.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium active ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food additionally flaunts excellent protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the remarks listed below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything secured as well as hygienic in the fridge.
Includes charming reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium components and also fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie?