Today we’re examining the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to aid YOU choose– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution solution that supplies customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They offer numerous vet-designed dishes including USA-sourced hen, beef, turkey, or lamb .
- Lots of proprietors discover that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier coats, fewer allergic reactions, even more energy, and better general wellness for their canines.
- Special price cut for our viewers– get 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand name that offers straight shipment food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s recipes are designed to concentrate on top quality and freshness, with minimally-processed foods having huge quantities of real pet protein and body organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, and also included superfoods to benefit canine wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can give more nutrients to pets than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s hard to claim for certain whether fresh dog food is inherently ” much better”, however it does appear that several canines that have actually previously experienced some stomach problems or allergic reactions do far better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair things worth keeping in mind regarding Ollie’s component list:
- Actual meat is the primary ingredient, complied with by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 ingredients as whole meats as well as body organ meats causes a protein-packed make-up, with recipes varying from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a dry issue analysis).
- Dishes consist of lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All recipes are designed by vets.
- No fillers like corn, soy, or wheat .
- No man-made tastes, chemicals, or spin-offs.
- Dishes are minimally processed as well as human-grade– you could consume it, if you wanted to!
For those who are nervous regarding the FDA’s alert of a undetermined connection in between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive recipe; their poultry dish includes a healthy and balanced dose of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and various other delicious ingredients.
Ollie uses four dishes that owners can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Hen: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with dry matter analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with dry matter evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s enter into my personal experience with Ollie and see what Remy idea of all of it.
Prefer video? You can look into our video clip evaluation also!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food got here, it was quite exciting!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in frozen blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cool that they melted my fingers a little– don’t be stupid like me, put on some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was safely packed away in the freezer (we did need to make some considerable space for his consumes– simply a excellent excuse to round off the ice cream), I review the material that featured the Ollie shipment.
I know this is a small thing, yet I definitely like the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s adorable and– I need to state– really, really useful. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I needed to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing sealed as well as hygienic in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a ideal fit for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to stand out a half-pack in the container as well as whip it out for dinner.
It’s additionally worth noting that the food loads themselves are really well designed. The plastic tabs are easy to open up and also the leading sheet of plastic slides right off, making it really very easy to dig the food.
The packages additionally have a little bit of a lip on the top which handled to maintain my counter rather darn clean– I hardly ever had a roaming item of food make a mess. Simpler clean-up is always valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any dog food button for that matter), it’s essential to make the shift gradually. Changing your dog’s diet plan from one type of food to an additional with no progressive transition is a recipe for an upset stomach.
This becomes part of the reason I constantly examine people who claim that a specific brand of dog food provided their dog diarrhea, as it can involve not appropriately migrating your dog to a new food, as opposed to being entirely the food’s fault.
Anyway, as advised, we began offering Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for two days, after that switched over to 1/2 and 1/2 for an additional number of days, before finally changing entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy definitely loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! In fact, he could have liked it a little way too much.
I usually feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This timetable has actually never ever gained any type of kind of response from Remy in the past. He usually just hangs around or rests until I call him over for supper.
After switching over to Ollie, Remy started to obtain really anxious at around 5:00 pm, whining at me to feed him. It was difficult to persevere and make him wait!
His modification in perspective absolutely seems to show that he’s a big fan. That, as well as the massive amounts of drool he would certainly give as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Because Remy absolutely loves consuming his dinner out of problem playthings, I was originally a little worried concerning switching over to fresh dog food.
Normally we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also allow him have at it– he has a lot fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Because fresh food is sticky and damp , most of our favorite kibble-dispensing puzzle playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. I simply made a decision to begin using much more LickiMats and also packed Kongs as well as it functioned out wonderful.
LickiMats are a pretty awesome device to use together with fresh food– pressing the food into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog substantially more time to complete it, and also the licking activity is very relaxing for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a incentive, attempt cold the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that need to keep also ultra-hungry pet dogs occupied for at the very least 30 mins or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
So– after trying Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the results?
Lots of proprietors have born witness observing a shinier layer, lowered itching because of allergic reactions, boosted energy as well as– in many cases– also some behavioral renovations, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
But what about me– did I notice any type of sort of change in Remy? I did discover a couple of large adjustments worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the significant points I noticed after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller, greener, and much less foul-smelling– all basic indications of better wellness.
2. Reduced Itching & Allergies
An additional point I didn’t immediately see till switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie absolutely lowered Remy’s itching.
Remy has actually been an itchy boy for a long time now, so I’ve gotten quite accustomed to his damaging and licking . When I changed Remy to Ollie, I really did not make any type of certain note or observations concerning his itching.
But, when turning off of Ollie and also back to his original kibble, I quickly recognized Remy was itching and also damaging far more than he did previously.
Since he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal a lot more, showing that he possibly has some allergy concerns that Ollie had been aiding with. This means I’ll possibly end up making the switch back to Ollie eventually, or– at least– will try out various other sort of foods that can help Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you may have pictured, Ollie isn’t precisely economical.
The precise price of your Ollie delivery will certainly depend upon the size and demands of your dog, but Ollie expenses roughly anywhere from around $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, and also up to $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
However, this might be outside of many pet moms and dads’ budget plans.
However– it is worth thinking about a few of the various other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet when evaluating price vs value.
For one, free distribution means time as well as initiative saved considering that you won’t need to consistently see PetSmart and haul around large bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food lasting might also indicate fewer trips to the veterinarian’s workplace, saving serious cash money in time as well as potentially expanding your pooch’s life expectancy.
Do not fail to remember– Our readers can obtain 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will certainly last long-term, it certainly makes the concept of at least trying out and also attempting with fresh dog food a lot more attainable, even for limited budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Allow’s summarize the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, top quality food
- Better for food digestion + may alleviate some wellness issues as well as allergic reaction issues
- Smaller sized, stronger, less fragrant poops
- Doesn’t call for mindful dealing with like raw food does, while still supplying a few of the very same
- Pre-portioned packages for included ease and to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for utilizing along with LickiMats or kongs
- [ Benefit] Includes charming reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it pertains to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a lasting food option
- Not suitable with most problem toys
- Slightly much more work than feeding kibble (although about the exact same amount of effort as feeding damp tinned dog food).
- Not really mobile– it’s certainly not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not terrific for training work– if you normally use your dog’s food as a training incentive, wet fresh food just doesn’t work.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you intend to provide your dog great grub, absolutely provide Ollie a shot.
It’s a really high-quality fresh food with an outstanding component checklist. While Ollie is a fantastic option for any kind of dog, proprietors of canines that are fussy eaters, have sensitive bellies, or have questionable poops will particularly benefit from trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s definitely at least worth assessing and also attempting on your own if the advantages are worth the rate. While I didn’t see any kind of remarkable changes in Remy, his poop improvement were fantastic, he loved the food, and it feels like the food may have assisted with his allergies.
When your dog provides you those large puppy dog eyes asking for more of the fresh things, beware– you may have a tough time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully prepared with very little processing to preserve nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing depends upon the dimension of your dog (bigger canines require ore food, so are more pricey to feed).
Usually, Ollie costs anywhere from approximately $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, and up to $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
But don’t fail to remember, you can also obtain superb price cuts on your initial order of Ollie with some of the bargains discussed in this write-up.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food additionally flaunts impressive healthy protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the remarks below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever sealed and also hygienic in the fridge.
Consists of cute multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs active ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie?