Today we’re assessing the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to assist YOU determine– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment service that supplies personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They use several vet-designed dishes featuring USA-sourced poultry, beef, turkey, or lamb .
- Numerous proprietors discover that switching to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier layers, less allergies, even more power, and also better general health and wellness for their dogs.
- Special discount rate for our readers– get 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand name that provides direct shipment food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s recipes are made to concentrate on high quality and also freshness, with minimally-processed foods consisting of big quantities of actual pet protein and organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, and included superfoods to profit canine health and wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can offer more nutrients to canines than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s difficult to say without a doubt whether fresh dog food is naturally “better”, yet it does appear that many dogs that have previously endured some tummy problems or allergic reactions do better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair things worth keeping in mind regarding Ollie’s component checklist:
- Real meat is the number one ingredient, complied with by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 active ingredients as whole meats as well as body organ meats results in a protein-packed structure, with recipes varying from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a dry issue analysis).
- Dishes include tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All dishes are developed by vets.
- No fillers like wheat, soy, or corn .
- No man-made flavors, chemicals, or by-products.
- Recipes are minimally processed and also human-grade– you might consume it, if you wished to!
For those who fidget about the FDA’s alert of a obscure relationship in between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive dish; their poultry recipe includes a healthy and balanced dosage of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as various other yummy ingredients.
Ollie uses four recipes that proprietors can pick from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with dry issue evaluation
- Poultry: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with dry issue evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s enter into my individual experience with Ollie and see what Remy idea of everything.
Prefer video clip? You can check out our video clip review also!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food got here, it was fairly exciting!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in icy blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cold that they burned my fingers a little– don’t be foolish like me, put on some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was safely stored in the fridge freezer (we did have to make some considerable space for his consumes– just a excellent excuse to round off the gelato), I review the product that featured the Ollie shipment.
I know this is a small thing, yet I definitely love the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s adorable and also– I have to state– actually, actually valuable. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing secured and also hygienic in the fridge.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a excellent fit for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to stand out a half-pack in the container as well as whip it out for dinner.
It’s additionally worth noting that the food loads themselves are truly well developed. The plastic tabs are easy to open up as well as the top sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it actually very easy to scoop out the food.
The packages likewise have a bit of a lip on the top which managed to maintain my counter pretty darn tidy– I hardly ever had a stray item of food make a mess. Simpler cleaning is always appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any dog food switch for that matter), it’s essential to make the shift slowly. Switching your dog’s diet plan from one kind of food to an additional with no steady change is a dish for an upset stomach.
This becomes part of the factor I constantly examine people who assert that a particular brand of dog food provided their dog diarrhea, as it can relate to not effectively migrating your dog to a new food, instead of being entirely the food’s fault.
Anyway, as instructed, we started out providing Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for 2 days, after that switched over to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for an additional couple of days, before ultimately changing completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy certainly loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! He may have liked it a little as well a lot.
I typically feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has actually never gained any type of type of response from Remy in the past. He usually simply socializes or sleeps up until I call him over for supper.
After switching over to Ollie, Remy began to obtain very restless at around 5:00 pm, yawping at me to feed him. It was tough to persevere and make him wait!
His adjustment in attitude certainly seems to indicate that he’s a huge fan. That, and the large quantities of drool he would certainly dispense as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was at first a little nervous regarding switching over to fresh dog food because Remy absolutely loves consuming his supper out of puzzle playthings.
Typically we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and allow him have at it– he has so much fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Considering that fresh food is wet and sticky , a lot of our preferred kibble-dispensing puzzle toys were out when feeding with Ollie. However, I just made a decision to start making use of much more LickiMats and packed Kongs and also it exercised terrific.
LickiMats are a quite amazing device to make use of combined with fresh food– pressing the food right into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog significantly more time to complete it, as well as the licking motion is very comforting for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus, try freezing the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that must maintain also ultra-hungry canines inhabited for at least 30 mins or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
— after trying Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the results?
Several owners have actually born witness discovering a shinier coat, lowered itching because of allergic reactions, boosted energy as well as– in some cases– also some behavior improvements, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
However what about me– did I discover any type of type of change in Remy? I did notice a couple of large modifications worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the major points I saw after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller sized, greener, and also much less smelly– all basic indicators of enhanced health and wellness.
2. Reduced Itching & Allergies
Another thing I didn’t instantly notice up until switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie definitely minimized Remy’s itching.
Remy has actually been an itchy child for a long time currently, so I’ve obtained pretty familiar with his licking as well as scraping . I didn’t make any certain note or observations regarding his itching when I switched over Remy to Ollie.
When changing off of Ollie as well as back to his initial kibble, I quickly realized Remy was itching and scratching much more than he did previously.
Because he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal much more, showing that he possibly has some allergic reaction concerns that Ollie had actually been aiding with. This means I’ll possibly wind up making the switch back to Ollie at some time, or– at the minimum– will experiment with other type of foods that can assist Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you may have envisioned, Ollie isn’t specifically affordable.
The precise rate of your Ollie delivery will depend on the dimension as well as needs of your dog, but Ollie prices roughly anywhere from approximately $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, and also up to $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
Sadly, this may be beyond several pet parents’ budget plans.
— it is worth considering some of the various other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when reviewing price vs worth.
For one, complimentary delivery means time and also initiative saved because you will not need to routinely see PetSmart and carry around giant bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-term could additionally suggest fewer journeys to the vet’s office, saving serious money over time and also possibly extending your pooch’s life expectancy.
Do not forget– Our viewers can obtain 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will last long-term, it definitely makes the concept of a minimum of exploring as well as attempting with fresh dog food far more attainable, even for tight budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Let’s summarize the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, top notch food
- Better for food digestion + might minimize some health problems as well as allergic reaction concerns
- Smaller sized, firmer, less scent-laden poops
- Doesn’t need careful dealing with like raw food does, while still providing several of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packets for included convenience and to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for making use of alongside LickiMats or kongs
- [ Perk] Includes lovable multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it involves comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a lasting food choice
- Not compatible with many puzzle toys
- Slightly much more job than feeding kibble (although regarding the same quantity of effort as feeding wet tinned dog food).
- Not extremely portable– it’s definitely not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not great for training work– if you usually utilize your dog’s food as a training reward, damp fresh food simply doesn’t work.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Absolutely offer Ollie a shot if you want to use your dog terrific grub.
It’s a very high-quality fresh food with an outstanding ingredient list. While Ollie is a great alternative for any dog, owners of canines that are picky eaters, have delicate tummies, or have suspicious poops will especially take advantage of attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s certainly at least worth trying and assessing on your own if the advantages are worth the rate. While I really did not see any kind of incredible modifications in Remy, his poop improvement were fantastic, he adored the food, and it appears like the food might have aided with his allergies.
When your dog provides you those large puppy dog eyes pleading for even more of the fresh things, be cautious– you could have a hard time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately cooked with very little handling to maintain nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing relies on the size of your dog ( larger canines need ore food, so are more costly to feed).
Normally, Ollie sets you back anywhere from around $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as approximately $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
But do not neglect, you can likewise obtain great discounts on your very first order of Ollie with several of the deals mentioned in this short article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food also boasts outstanding healthy protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the comments listed below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing secured as well as hygienic in the refrigerator.
Consists of cute recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs components and fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie?