Today we’re examining the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to assist YOU determine– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery service that supplies personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They use numerous vet-designed recipes featuring USA-sourced hen, turkey, beef, or lamb .
- Many proprietors locate that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier layers, less allergies, even more power, and much better general health and wellness for their pet dogs.
- Unique price cut for our visitors– get 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand that provides direct delivery food on a subscription basis.
Ollie’s recipes are created to concentrate on quality and also freshness, with minimally-processed foods containing large amounts of genuine pet healthy protein and organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, and also included superfoods to benefit canine wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can offer more nutrients to canines than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s hard to state for sure whether fresh dog food is inherently ” far better”, however it does appear that many canines that have formerly endured some tummy concerns or allergies do far better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple points worth noting about Ollie’s component listing:
- Genuine meat is the number one active ingredient, adhered to by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 ingredients as whole meats and also body organ meats results in a protein-packed make-up, with dishes varying from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a completely dry issue analysis).
- Dishes consist of lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All dishes are developed by vets.
- No fillers like wheat, soy, or corn .
- No artificial tastes, preservatives, or byproducts.
- Dishes are minimally processed and human-grade– you can eat it, if you wished to!
For those who fidget regarding the FDA’s alert of a unknown relationship between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive recipe; their hen recipe includes a healthy dosage of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and other delicious components.
Ollie provides four recipes that owners can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Hen: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with dry issue analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s get involved in my personal experience with Ollie and also see what Remy idea of everything.
Prefer video clip? You can take a look at our video evaluation also!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was rather exciting!
Remy’s fresh food got here in frozen blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cool that they shed my fingers a little– do not be stupid like me, use some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was safely stored in the freezer (we did have to make some considerable room for his eats– just a good reason to round off the gelato), I go through the product that featured the Ollie shipment.
I understand this is a small thing, however I absolutely love the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s adorable as well as– I need to say– really, actually beneficial. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing secured and hygienic in the fridge.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a best suitable for the fresh food packs, making it easy to pop a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for dinner.
It’s likewise worth noting that the food packs themselves are actually well made. The plastic tabs are simple to open and also the leading sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it truly easy to scoop out the food.
The packets also have a little bit of a lip on the top which managed to maintain my counter quite darn tidy– I seldom had a stray item of food mistake. Easier clean-up is constantly valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any type of dog food button for that issue), it’s crucial to make the change gradually. Changing your dog’s diet plan from one kind of food to an additional with no gradual shift is a dish for an upset stomach.
This is part of the reason I always examine folks that claim that a particular brand of dog food provided their dog diarrhea, as it might have to do with not properly moving your dog to a new food, as opposed to being entirely the food’s mistake.
Anyhow, as instructed, we started giving Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for two days, then switched over to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for an additional couple of days, before finally changing entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy most definitely enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! He could have liked it a little too a lot.
I generally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has actually never ever gained any type of type of response from Remy in the past. He generally just socializes or sleeps until I call him over for supper.
Yet, after switching to Ollie, Remy began to obtain extremely restless at around 5:00 pm, grumbling at me to feed him. It was difficult to stand firm and also make him wait!
His adjustment in mindset absolutely appears to suggest that he’s a huge follower. That, and also the copious amounts of drool he would certainly give as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Because Remy definitely enjoys consuming his supper out of challenge playthings, I was at first a little anxious regarding switching over to fresh dog food.
Usually we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and allow him have at it– he has so much enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Given that fresh food is damp and sticky , a number of our preferred kibble-dispensing challenge playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. However, I simply determined to begin utilizing a lot more LickiMats as well as stuffed Kongs and it worked out terrific.
LickiMats are a quite incredible device to utilize combined with fresh food– pushing the food into a LickiMat will take your dog considerably more time to finish it, as well as the licking motion is very soothing for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus, try freezing the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that ought to maintain even ultra-hungry canines occupied for at least 30 mins or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
— after attempting Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the results?
Several owners have actually testified to observing a shinier layer, decreased itching due to allergic reactions, boosted energy and– sometimes– also some behavior enhancements, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
What regarding me– did I see any kind of kind of change in Remy? I did observe a few huge adjustments worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the major things I observed after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller, greener, and much less stinky– all basic signs of enhanced health and wellness.
2. Lowered Itching & Allergies
One more point I didn’t right away notice until switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie absolutely lowered Remy’s irritation.
Remy has actually been an itchy kid for quite a while currently, so I’ve obtained quite familiar with his scraping as well as licking . I really did not make any type of certain note or observations concerning his itchiness when I switched Remy to Ollie.
When switching over off of Ollie as well as back to his original kibble, I promptly understood Remy was itching as well as damaging a lot more than he did before.
Because he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot more, showing that he probably has some allergic reaction issues that Ollie had been assisting with. This means I’ll possibly wind up making the button back to Ollie at some point, or– at the very least– will explore various other type of foods that can aid Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you may have envisioned, Ollie isn’t exactly inexpensive.
The exact cost of your Ollie shipment will certainly rely on the size and also requirements of your dog, but Ollie costs roughly anywhere from around $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, and as much as $11 daily for an 80 lb dog.
Unfortunately, this might be beyond numerous pet moms and dads’ budgets.
— it is worth thinking about some of the various other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet regimen when evaluating price vs worth.
For one, complimentary shipment means time as well as effort saved because you won’t require to frequently check out PetSmart and lug around large bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-lasting might additionally mean fewer trips to the veterinarian’s workplace, saving major cash over time and also potentially extending your pooch’s lifespan.
Don’t forget– Our visitors can obtain 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will last long-lasting, it definitely makes the idea of at the very least trying and also experimenting with fresh dog food far more achievable, even for limited spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Let’s summarize the advantages and disadvantages of Ollie.
- Fresh, top notch food
- Much better for digestion + may reduce some wellness concerns and also allergy issues
- Smaller sized, stronger, much less fragrant poops
- Doesn’t require careful handling like raw food does, while still providing several of the very same
- Pre-portioned packages for included comfort as well as to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for utilizing together with LickiMats or kongs
- [ Benefit] Includes adorable recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it involves contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a lasting food alternative
- Not compatible with many puzzle playthings
- Somewhat extra job than feeding kibble (although concerning the same amount of effort as feeding wet tinned dog food).
- Not really mobile– it’s absolutely not as practical as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not wonderful for training work– if you generally utilize your dog’s food as a training incentive, wet fresh food simply doesn’t function as well.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you wish to provide your dog fantastic grub, most definitely give Ollie a try.
It’s a really top notch fresh food with an excellent active ingredient checklist. While Ollie is a excellent choice for any dog, owners of pets that are choosy eaters, have delicate stomachs, or have suspicious poops will particularly take advantage of attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s certainly at the very least worth reviewing as well as trying on your own if the benefits are worth the cost. While I really did not see any type of amazing adjustments in Remy, his poop renovation were great, he loved the food, and it looks like the food might have assisted with his allergies.
Beware– you may have a tough time returning to kibble when your dog gives you those large puppy dog eyes begging for even more of the fresh things!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently prepared with very little processing to maintain nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing relies on the dimension of your dog (bigger pet dogs call for ore food, so are much more pricey to feed).
Normally, Ollie costs anywhere from about $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, as well as approximately $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
But don’t forget, you can likewise obtain great price cuts on your first order of Ollie with several of the offers mentioned in this post.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs active ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food likewise flaunts outstanding healthy protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the remarks listed below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever sealed as well as sanitary in the fridge.
Consists of charming recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium active ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie?