Today we’re evaluating the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to aid YOU decide– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution solution that offers personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They supply several vet-designed recipes featuring USA-sourced chicken, lamb, turkey, or beef .
- Lots of proprietors find that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier coats, less allergies, even more energy, as well as much better general health for their dogs.
- Unique price cut for our viewers– obtain 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand name that provides direct delivery food on a subscription basis.
Ollie’s recipes are developed to focus on quality and freshness, with minimally-processed foods having huge amounts of actual animal protein and also organ meats, along with fruits, veggies, as well as included superfoods to benefit canine health and wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can offer more nutrients to canines than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s hard to say for sure whether fresh dog food is inherently ” much better”, yet it does appear that several canines that have previously experienced some tummy concerns or allergies do far better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair points worth keeping in mind regarding Ollie’s ingredient listing:
- Real meat is the number one active ingredient, complied with by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 components as entire meats and organ meats results in a protein-packed structure, with recipes ranging from 35%– 44% protein (with a dry matter analysis).
- Recipes consist of tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All recipes are made by veterinarians.
- No fillers like wheat, corn, or soy .
- No synthetic tastes, chemicals, or by-products.
- Recipes are minimally refined and human-grade– you could consume it, if you intended to!
For those who are nervous about the FDA’s alert of a unclear correlation in between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive dish; their chicken recipe has a healthy and balanced dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and other delicious active ingredients.
Ollie provides 4 recipes that proprietors can pick from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Poultry: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with dry issue evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with completely dry matter analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s enter into my personal experience with Ollie as well as see what Remy thought of everything.
Prefer video clip? You can check out our video review also!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was fairly interesting!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in frozen blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cold that they shed my fingers a little– don’t be foolish like me, wear some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was securely packed away in the fridge freezer (we did have to make some considerable space for his consumes– just a great justification to round off the ice cream), I read through the material that included the Ollie delivery.
I know this is a small thing, but I definitely like the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s adorable and also– I need to say– truly, really beneficial. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing sealed and also sanitary in the fridge.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a best fit for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to pop a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for supper.
It’s additionally worth keeping in mind that the food packs themselves are really well developed. The plastic tabs are simple to open up and also the leading sheet of plastic slides right off, making it really easy to scoop out the food.
The packets likewise have a little a lip on the top which handled to keep my counter rather darn tidy– I rarely had a roaming item of food make a mess. Much easier cleaning is constantly appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any dog food button for that matter), it’s important to make the transition gradually. Switching your dog’s diet plan from one kind of food to another with no steady transition is a dish for an upset stomach.
This belongs to the factor I constantly examine people that claim that a particular brand of dog food provided their dog looseness of the bowels, as it might involve not effectively migrating your dog to a new food, as opposed to being totally the food’s fault.
Anyhow, as instructed, we started giving Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for two days, then changed to 1/2 and also 1/2 for an additional couple of days, before lastly switching entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy absolutely liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! In fact, he might have liked it a little excessive.
I generally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has actually never made any kind of reaction from Remy in the past. He typically simply socializes or rests till I call him over for supper.
Yet, after switching over to Ollie, Remy began to obtain really restless at around 5:00 pm, whining at me to feed him. It was difficult to stand firm and make him wait!
His change in mindset certainly appears to show that he’s a huge fan. That, and also the large quantities of drool he would certainly give as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Since Remy absolutely likes eating his supper out of puzzle playthings, I was at first a little nervous about changing to fresh dog food.
Generally we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and allow him have at it– he has a lot fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Since fresh food is sticky and damp , most of our favorite kibble-dispensing problem playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. I simply made a decision to start using much more LickiMats as well as stuffed Kongs and it functioned out fantastic.
LickiMats are a rather amazing tool to make use of in conjunction with fresh food– pressing the food into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog considerably more time to finish it, and the licking motion is really relaxing for distressed puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus, try freezing the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that need to maintain also ultra-hungry pets inhabited for at the very least 30 mins or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
So– after attempting Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the outcomes?
Numerous proprietors have born witness seeing a shinier layer, reduced itching because of allergies, boosted power as well as– in many cases– even some behavioral enhancements, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
But what about me– did I observe any type of sort of change in Remy? I did discover a couple of large adjustments worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the significant things I saw after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller, greener, as well as a lot less foul-smelling– all general indicators of improved health.
2. Reduced Itching & Allergies
One more thing I didn’t immediately observe up until changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie definitely lowered Remy’s itchiness.
Remy has actually been an scratchy young boy for quite a while now, so I’ve gotten rather accustomed to his damaging as well as licking . When I changed Remy to Ollie, I really did not make any specific note or observations regarding his itchiness.
When changing off of Ollie as well as back to his original kibble, I quickly understood Remy was itching as well as scratching a lot even more than he did before.
Considering that he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot more, showing that he possibly has some allergic reaction issues that Ollie had actually been helping with. This indicates I’ll most likely end up making the switch back to Ollie eventually, or– at the very least– will certainly try out various other sort of foods that can help Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have pictured, Ollie isn’t precisely cheap.
The precise price of your Ollie shipment will certainly rely on the size as well as needs of your dog, yet Ollie expenses approximately anywhere from roughly $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, and also as much as $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
However, this might be beyond several pet moms and dads’ spending plans.
However– it is worth considering a few of the other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet regimen when assessing price vs value.
For one, totally free distribution means time as well as effort conserved because you will not need to consistently go to PetSmart and also carry around giant bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food lasting can also indicate fewer trips to the vet’s office, conserving severe cash money in time as well as possibly extending your pooch’s lifespan.
Do not neglect– Our viewers can get 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will last long-term, it definitely makes the suggestion of at least exploring and attempting with fresh dog food far more possible, also for tight budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Let’s sum up the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-quality food
- Much better for food digestion + might alleviate some wellness problems and allergic reaction issues
- Smaller sized, firmer, less odorous poops
- Doesn’t require cautious dealing with like raw food does, while still supplying a few of the same
- Pre-portioned packets for included comfort and also to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for making use of along with LickiMats or kongs
- [ Reward] Consists of lovable recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it pertains to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a long-term food choice
- Not compatible with most puzzle toys
- A little extra work than feeding kibble (although regarding the same quantity of initiative as feeding wet tinned dog food).
- Not really mobile– it’s definitely not as practical as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not excellent for training work– if you normally utilize your dog’s food as a training reward, wet fresh food just doesn’t work as well.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you want to provide your dog excellent grub, absolutely provide Ollie a try.
It’s a very premium fresh food with an outstanding active ingredient list. While Ollie is a terrific option for any kind of dog, owners of canines that are picky eaters, have delicate bellies, or have doubtful poops will especially gain from trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s definitely at the very least worth evaluating and attempting on your own if the advantages deserve the price. While I really did not see any kind of incredible adjustments in Remy, his poop renovation were fantastic, he adored the food, and also it seems like the food may have aided with his allergies.
When your dog offers you those huge pup dog eyes begging for more of the fresh stuff, be careful– you might have a hard time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately cooked with marginal handling to maintain nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices depends upon the dimension of your dog ( larger canines require ore food, so are extra expensive to feed).
Normally, Ollie costs anywhere from roughly $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, and also as much as $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
Do not fail to remember, you can also get superb price cuts on your first order of Ollie with some of the deals stated in this article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food additionally boasts impressive healthy protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the remarks below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing secured and sanitary in the fridge.
Includes charming multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie?