Today we’re evaluating the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to help YOU choose– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution service that gives tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They supply several vet-designed recipes featuring USA-sourced hen, beef, turkey, or lamb .
- Numerous proprietors locate that switching to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier layers, fewer allergic reactions, even more energy, and also much better total health and wellness for their canines.
- Special discount for our readers– get 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand that offers direct delivery food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s dishes are made to focus on high quality and also freshness, with minimally-processed foods consisting of big amounts of real animal healthy protein and body organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, and also added superfoods to benefit canine wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can provide even more nutrients to pets than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s difficult to state for sure whether fresh dog food is inherently ” much better”, yet it does seem that numerous canines that have previously experienced some stomach problems or allergies do much better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple things worth keeping in mind regarding Ollie’s ingredient listing:
- Real meat is the primary ingredient, adhered to by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 active ingredients as whole meats and body organ meats results in a protein-packed structure, with dishes ranging from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a dry issue evaluation).
- Recipes include lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All recipes are designed by vets.
- No fillers like corn, wheat, or soy .
- No synthetic tastes, preservatives, or byproducts.
- Recipes are minimally refined as well as human-grade– you might consume it, if you wanted to!
For those who fidget concerning the FDA’s alert of a obscure connection in between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive recipe; their chicken recipe consists of a healthy dose of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as other yummy components.
Ollie offers 4 dishes that owners can pick from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Chicken: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with dry matter evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with dry matter evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with dry matter analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s enter my personal experience with Ollie as well as see what Remy thought of all of it.
Prefer video? You can look into our video testimonial also!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food got here, it was quite interesting!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in frozen blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cold that they shed my fingers a little– don’t be foolish like me, wear some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was securely packed away in the freezer (we did have to make some significant space for his eats– simply a excellent reason to finish off the ice cream), I check out the product that featured the Ollie delivery.
I understand this is a small thing, but I absolutely love the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s cute and– I have to say– really, really beneficial. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little a pain. I needed to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain whatever sealed as well as hygienic in the fridge.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a perfect fit for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to stand out a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for dinner.
It’s also worth keeping in mind that the food loads themselves are really well designed. The plastic tabs are simple to open up and the leading sheet of plastic slides right off, making it truly very easy to scoop out the food.
The packages likewise have a bit of a lip on the top which took care of to keep my counter rather darn clean– I hardly ever had a roaming piece of food make a mess. Simpler clean-up is always appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any type of dog food switch for that issue), it’s essential to make the transition slowly. Changing your dog’s diet plan from one kind of food to one more with no progressive shift is a dish for an upset stomach.
This is part of the factor I constantly question individuals that claim that a particular brand of dog food offered their dog diarrhea, as it could pertain to not correctly migrating your dog to a new food, as opposed to being totally the food’s fault.
Anyway, as advised, we started out giving Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his regular kibble. We did that for two days, after that changed to 1/2 and also 1/2 for another couple of days, prior to ultimately changing totally to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy absolutely enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! In fact, he might have liked it a little way too much.
I usually feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has never ever earned any type of sort of reaction from Remy in the past. He usually simply socializes or rests until I call him over for supper.
After switching over to Ollie, Remy began to get extremely antsy at around 5:00 pm, grumbling at me to feed him. It was tough to stand firm and also make him wait!
His change in attitude certainly appears to show that he’s a big follower. That, as well as the large quantities of drool he would give as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Since Remy definitely likes eating his dinner out of puzzle toys, I was originally a little worried regarding switching to fresh dog food.
Normally we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and allow him have at it– he has a lot fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Because fresh food is sticky as well as wet , a number of our preferred kibble-dispensing puzzle playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. Nevertheless, I just chose to start making use of a lot more LickiMats and also packed Kongs and also it exercised excellent.
LickiMats are a rather incredible tool to utilize together with fresh food– pushing the food into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog substantially more time to complete it, as well as the licking motion is really soothing for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a reward, try cold the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that must maintain even ultra-hungry canines inhabited for at the very least 30 minutes or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
So– after attempting Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the results?
Lots of owners have demonstrated discovering a shinier coat, decreased itching because of allergic reactions, improved energy and also– in many cases– also some behavior enhancements, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
What concerning me– did I observe any type of kind of adjustment in Remy? I did discover a couple of huge changes worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the significant points I noticed after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller, greener, and also much less smelly– all general signs of enhanced wellness.
2. Reduced Itching & Allergies
Another thing I really did not promptly notice until switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie most definitely lowered Remy’s irritation.
Remy has actually been an itchy boy for quite a while currently, so I’ve obtained pretty accustomed to his damaging as well as licking . When I switched over Remy to Ollie, I really did not make any kind of certain note or monitorings regarding his irritation.
When switching off of Ollie and back to his initial kibble, I promptly understood Remy was itching as well as damaging much more than he did previously.
Given that he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal a lot more, suggesting that he probably has some allergy concerns that Ollie had actually been assisting with. This suggests I’ll most likely wind up making the button back to Ollie at some point, or– at the minimum– will certainly try out other type of foods that can aid Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have imagined, Ollie isn’t precisely low-cost.
The precise cost of your Ollie delivery will certainly depend upon the dimension and requirements of your dog, yet Ollie prices approximately anywhere from about $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, and also approximately $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
This may be outdoors of several pet moms and dads’ budget plans.
— it is worth thinking about some of the other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet when assessing cost vs value.
For one, cost-free delivery means time and also initiative saved since you won’t require to regularly check out PetSmart as well as haul around large bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-lasting might also indicate less trips to the vet’s workplace, saving serious cash money with time and also possibly expanding your pooch’s lifespan.
Do not forget– Our viewers can get 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will last lasting, it absolutely makes the concept of a minimum of attempting and trying out with fresh dog food a lot more achievable, even for tight budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Let’s summarize the advantages and disadvantages of Ollie.
- Fresh, premium food
- Much better for digestion + might ease some wellness problems as well as allergic reaction issues
- Smaller sized, firmer, much less odorous poops
- Does not require mindful managing like raw food does, while still providing some of the very same
- Pre-portioned packages for included comfort and to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for using along with LickiMats or kongs
- [ Perk] Includes charming reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a long-lasting food alternative
- Not suitable with many puzzle playthings
- Slightly more work than feeding kibble (although concerning the same quantity of effort as feeding wet canned dog food).
- Not extremely portable– it’s absolutely not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not excellent for training work– if you typically utilize your dog’s food as a training incentive, wet fresh food simply does not work too.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Certainly offer Ollie a try if you desire to offer your dog wonderful grub.
It’s a really high-quality fresh food with an excellent component list. While Ollie is a great option for any type of dog, owners of pet dogs that are fussy eaters, have delicate stomachs, or have doubtful poops will specifically gain from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s absolutely a minimum of worth trying as well as evaluating on your own if the benefits deserve the cost. While I really did not see any amazing modifications in Remy, his poop enhancement were wonderful, he adored the food, as well as it feels like the food might have assisted with his allergic reactions.
When your dog gives you those large pup dog eyes begging for even more of the fresh stuff, beware– you could have a tough time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully cooked with minimal processing to preserve nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates depends on the size of your dog ( larger dogs call for ore food, so are much more expensive to feed).
Generally, Ollie costs anywhere from around $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, as well as approximately $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
Yet do not fail to remember, you can also get amazing discount rates on your first order of Ollie with some of the bargains discussed in this article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food additionally boasts outstanding healthy protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the remarks listed below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever sealed and sanitary in the refrigerator.
Consists of adorable reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs components and fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie?