Today we’re assessing the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to assist YOU make a decision– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution solution that gives tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They use a number of vet-designed dishes featuring USA-sourced poultry, lamb, turkey, or beef .
- Several owners locate that switching to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier layers, less allergic reactions, more power, and far better overall wellness for their dogs.
- Special price cut for our viewers– obtain 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand that offers direct delivery food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s recipes are created to concentrate on top quality and also freshness, with minimally-processed foods consisting of big quantities of actual pet protein as well as organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, as well as included superfoods to profit canine health and wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can give more nutrients to canines than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s difficult to state for certain whether fresh dog food is naturally ” far better”, yet it does seem that lots of pet dogs that have actually previously experienced some stomach issues or allergies do far better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair things worth keeping in mind concerning Ollie’s component list:
- Real meat is the leading component, complied with by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 components as entire meats and also body organ meats leads to a protein-packed structure, with dishes ranging from 35%– 44% protein (with a completely dry matter evaluation).
- Recipes consist of lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All dishes are created by vets.
- No fillers like soy, corn, or wheat .
- No man-made flavors, chemicals, or by-products.
- Dishes are minimally processed and also human-grade– you could consume it, if you wanted to!
For those who fidget regarding the FDA’s alert of a obscure connection in between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive dish; their chicken dish contains a healthy dose of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and other yummy components.
Ollie provides four recipes that owners can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with dry matter analysis
- Poultry: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with dry matter analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s get into my individual experience with Ollie as well as see what Remy idea of all of it.
Prefer video clip? You can have a look at our video clip testimonial also!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food got here, it was rather amazing!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in frozen blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so chilly that they melted my fingers a little– don’t be stupid like me, wear some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was safely stored in the freezer (we did need to make some considerable space for his eats– simply a good justification to round off the ice cream), I read through the product that came with the Ollie delivery.
I understand this is a small thing, however I definitely love the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s charming and– I need to claim– truly, actually beneficial. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything secured as well as sanitary in the fridge.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a ideal suitable for the fresh food packs, making it simple to stand out a half-pack in the container and whip it out for supper.
It’s also worth keeping in mind that the food loads themselves are actually well made. The plastic tabs are easy to open up and the leading sheet of plastic slides right off, making it truly easy to dig the food.
The packages also have a little a lip on the top which handled to keep my counter quite darn clean– I rarely had a stray piece of food mistake. Easier cleaning is always valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any kind of dog food switch for that issue), it’s crucial to make the transition gradually. Changing your dog’s diet plan from one sort of food to an additional without any gradual shift is a dish for an upset stomach.
This is part of the factor I always question folks that assert that a specific brand of dog food gave their dog looseness of the bowels, as it can relate to not properly migrating your dog to a brand-new food, rather than being entirely the food’s mistake.
Anyway, as instructed, we started offering Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for 2 days, then changed to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for an additional couple of days, prior to lastly switching over entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy certainly loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! He could have liked it a little too a lot.
I normally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This timetable has actually never made any kind of sort of reaction from Remy in the past. He usually just socializes or sleeps until I call him over for supper.
After switching over to Ollie, Remy started to get extremely anxious at around 5:00 pm, whimpering at me to feed him. It was tough to persevere and also make him wait!
His adjustment in perspective certainly seems to suggest that he’s a big follower. That, and the copious quantities of drool he would give as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Because Remy absolutely likes consuming his dinner out of challenge playthings, I was originally a little worried about switching over to fresh dog food.
Normally we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and allow him have at it– he has so much enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Given that fresh food is wet and sticky , much of our favorite kibble-dispensing challenge toys were out when feeding with Ollie. Nevertheless, I just made a decision to begin making use of a lot more LickiMats as well as packed Kongs as well as it exercised great.
LickiMats are a pretty outstanding device to use together with fresh food– pushing the food into a LickiMat will take your dog substantially even more time to finish it, and also the licking activity is very soothing for distressed puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a reward, try freezing the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that should maintain even ultra-hungry pets occupied for at least 30 mins or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
— after trying Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the results?
Several owners have actually demonstrated noticing a shinier layer, minimized itching due to allergic reactions, enhanced power as well as– in many cases– even some behavioral enhancements, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
What regarding me– did I observe any kind of modification in Remy? I did notice a couple of large modifications worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the significant things I discovered after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller, greener, and also much less smelly– all general indications of better health and wellness.
2. Decreased Itching & Allergies
Another point I didn’t quickly discover till changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie definitely reduced Remy’s itching.
Remy has actually been an scratchy boy for quite a while now, so I’ve gotten rather familiar with his licking as well as scratching . When I changed Remy to Ollie, I really did not make any certain note or observations regarding his itchiness.
When changing off of Ollie as well as back to his original kibble, I swiftly realized Remy was itching and also scratching much even more than he did before.
Considering that he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal more, showing that he most likely has some allergic reaction concerns that Ollie had actually been assisting with. This implies I’ll possibly wind up making the switch back to Ollie at some point, or– at the minimum– will trying out various other type of foods that can aid Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have pictured, Ollie isn’t specifically affordable.
The exact rate of your Ollie delivery will certainly depend on the dimension and also demands of your dog, yet Ollie costs approximately anywhere from approximately $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as approximately $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
Unfortunately, this might be beyond many pet moms and dads’ spending plans.
However– it is worth considering some of the various other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet regimen when examining expense vs value.
For one, complimentary delivery means time and also initiative conserved since you won’t require to regularly check out PetSmart and haul around huge bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-lasting could likewise imply less trips to the vet’s workplace, saving significant money with time and potentially extending your pooch’s life-span.
Don’t neglect– Our readers can get 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will last lasting, it definitely makes the idea of a minimum of trying as well as experimenting with fresh dog food much more attainable, also for limited budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Allow’s sum up the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-quality food
- Better for food digestion + might ease some health and wellness issues and also allergy problems
- Smaller sized, stronger, less fragrant poops
- Doesn’t call for mindful managing like raw food does, while still providing several of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packets for added benefit and to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for making use of along with Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Perk] Consists of cute multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it pertains to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a lasting food option
- Not compatible with the majority of puzzle toys
- Slightly extra job than feeding kibble (although regarding the same quantity of effort as feeding wet canned dog food).
- Not extremely mobile– it’s definitely not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not wonderful for training job– if you typically utilize your dog’s food as a training reward, wet fresh food simply doesn’t function also.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you want to use your dog terrific grub, absolutely offer Ollie a try.
It’s a extremely high-grade fresh food with an excellent active ingredient checklist. While Ollie is a great alternative for any dog, proprietors of dogs that are choosy eaters, have sensitive tummies, or have suspicious poops will particularly take advantage of trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s absolutely at the very least worth attempting as well as examining on your own if the advantages are worth the rate. While I really did not see any kind of amazing changes in Remy, his poop improvement were wonderful, he adored the food, as well as it seems like the food may have helped with his allergic reactions.
When your dog gives you those big young puppy dog eyes pleading for more of the fresh stuff, beware– you might have a difficult time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully cooked with very little handling to maintain nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates depends upon the dimension of your dog (bigger dogs require ore food, so are extra expensive to feed).
Generally, Ollie costs anywhere from roughly $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, and also approximately $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
Don’t neglect, you can additionally get wonderful discounts on your first order of Ollie with some of the deals discussed in this write-up.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium components as well as fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food additionally boasts excellent healthy protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the remarks listed below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything sealed as well as hygienic in the fridge.
Consists of lovable recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium active ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie?