Today we’re examining the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to assist YOU determine– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution service that gives customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They provide several vet-designed recipes including USA-sourced chicken, lamb, turkey, or beef .
- Lots of proprietors locate that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier layers, fewer allergies, more power, as well as better total health for their pets.
- Unique discount for our readers– get 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand name that offers direct distribution food on a subscription basis.
Ollie’s dishes are developed to concentrate on high quality and also freshness, with minimally-processed foods consisting of large amounts of real pet protein as well as body organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, as well as included superfoods to benefit canine health and wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can give more nutrients to canines than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s difficult to say without a doubt whether fresh dog food is naturally “better”, however it does seem that several pet dogs that have actually previously endured some tummy issues or allergic reactions do much better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair things worth keeping in mind about Ollie’s ingredient list:
- Real meat is the number one ingredient, followed by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 components as whole meats as well as body organ meats causes a protein-packed composition, with recipes ranging from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a dry matter analysis).
- Dishes consist of tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All recipes are designed by vets.
- No fillers like soy, corn, or wheat .
- No synthetic flavors, chemicals, or by-products.
- Recipes are minimally refined and human-grade– you can eat it, if you intended to!
For those who are nervous regarding the FDA’s alert of a obscure correlation in between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive recipe; their poultry dish includes a healthy dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as various other tasty components.
Ollie offers four dishes that owners can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with dry matter analysis
- Chicken: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with dry matter evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with dry issue analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s get into my personal experience with Ollie and also see what Remy thought of it all.
Prefer video clip? You can check out our video evaluation as well!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was fairly interesting!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in frozen blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so chilly that they burned my fingers a little– don’t be foolish like me, wear some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was safely packed away in the freezer (we did have to make some significant space for his consumes– just a excellent reason to finish off the ice cream), I review the material that came with the Ollie delivery.
I understand this is a small thing, yet I absolutely enjoy the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s charming as well as– I have to state– actually, truly useful. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I needed to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing sealed and sanitary in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a excellent suitable for the fresh food packs, making it simple to pop a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for supper.
It’s likewise worth keeping in mind that the food loads themselves are really well designed. The plastic tabs are easy to open up as well as the leading sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it actually simple to scoop out the food.
The packets likewise have a little bit of a lip on the top which managed to keep my counter pretty darn tidy– I hardly ever had a stray piece of food mistake. Simpler cleanup is constantly appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any dog food switch for that matter), it’s essential to make the change gradually. Switching your dog’s diet from one sort of food to one more without any gradual transition is a dish for an upset stomach.
This belongs to the factor I always examine people who assert that a specific brand of dog food gave their dog diarrhea, as it could involve not appropriately moving your dog to a new food, as opposed to being totally the food’s fault.
Anyway, as advised, we started out providing Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for 2 days, then switched over to 1/2 and 1/2 for an additional number of days, prior to finally changing entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy certainly liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! He may have liked it a little too a lot.
I typically feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has never earned any kind of kind of reaction from Remy in the past. He generally simply socializes or rests till I call him over for dinner.
However, after switching to Ollie, Remy started to obtain extremely restless at around 5:00 pm, whimpering at me to feed him. It was tough to stand firm as well as make him wait!
His adjustment in attitude absolutely seems to suggest that he’s a huge fan. That, and also the massive quantities of drool he would certainly dispense as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Since Remy absolutely loves consuming his dinner out of puzzle playthings, I was initially a little anxious concerning changing to fresh dog food.
Generally we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also allow him have at it– he has so much enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Considering that fresh food is wet as well as sticky , many of our preferred kibble-dispensing puzzle toys were out when feeding with Ollie. Nevertheless, I just determined to start utilizing much more LickiMats and packed Kongs as well as it worked out excellent.
LickiMats are a rather amazing device to use together with fresh food– pushing the food into a LickiMat will take your dog significantly even more time to finish it, as well as the licking motion is very calming for distressed puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a incentive, try cold the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that need to maintain even ultra-hungry pet dogs inhabited for at least 30 minutes or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
So– after trying Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the outcomes?
Several proprietors have actually demonstrated discovering a shinier layer, reduced itching because of allergic reactions, improved energy as well as– sometimes– even some behavioral enhancements, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
What about me– did I see any type of kind of modification in Remy? I did see a few large modifications worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the significant points I discovered after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller, greener, as well as a lot less foul-smelling– all basic signs of better health.
2. Minimized Itching & Allergies
An additional thing I didn’t instantly discover until switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie certainly minimized Remy’s irritation.
Remy has actually been an itchy young boy for quite a while now, so I’ve gotten rather familiar with his scraping and licking . I really did not make any type of specific note or observations concerning his itching when I changed Remy to Ollie.
However, when turning off of Ollie and also back to his initial kibble, I swiftly recognized Remy was itching and also damaging far more than he did before.
Because he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot extra, indicating that he possibly has some allergic reaction concerns that Ollie had been aiding with. This implies I’ll most likely end up making the switch back to Ollie at some time, or– at least– will try out other type of foods that can help Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you may have envisioned, Ollie isn’t precisely low-cost.
The specific rate of your Ollie shipment will depend upon the size and needs of your dog, yet Ollie costs about anywhere from approximately $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, and also up to $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
Unfortunately, this may be beyond lots of pet parents’ budget plans.
— it is worth taking into consideration some of the various other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when examining cost vs value.
For one, totally free delivery means time and effort conserved since you will not require to on a regular basis go to PetSmart and also carry around large bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-lasting might additionally suggest fewer journeys to the vet’s office, saving significant cash over time as well as potentially expanding your pooch’s lifespan.
Don’t forget– Our visitors can get 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will certainly last lasting, it definitely makes the suggestion of a minimum of attempting and exploring with fresh dog food a lot more possible, also for tight budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Let’s sum up the advantages and disadvantages of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-grade food
- Much better for digestion + may ease some health and wellness concerns and also allergy concerns
- Smaller sized, firmer, less fragrant poops
- Does not require cautious handling like raw food does, while still offering some of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packages for included ease as well as to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for making use of alongside LickiMats or kongs
- [ Incentive] Consists of adorable recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it pertains to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a long-term food option
- Not suitable with most puzzle toys
- Somewhat more job than feeding kibble (although regarding the same quantity of effort as feeding damp tinned dog food).
- Not really mobile– it’s absolutely not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not excellent for training work– if you generally use your dog’s food as a training benefit, wet fresh food simply does not work also.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Absolutely offer Ollie a try if you want to supply your dog wonderful grub.
It’s a really high-quality fresh food with an impressive ingredient list. While Ollie is a terrific option for any dog, proprietors of dogs that are particular eaters, have sensitive stomachs, or have questionable poops will specifically take advantage of attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s definitely at least worth attempting and also assessing for yourself if the benefits deserve the price. While I didn’t see any kind of incredible adjustments in Remy, his poop renovation were terrific, he was crazy about the food, as well as it appears like the food might have assisted with his allergies.
When your dog gives you those large pup dog eyes begging for even more of the fresh things, beware– you could have a tough time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently cooked with marginal handling to maintain nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates relies on the size of your dog (bigger dogs require ore food, so are more costly to feed).
Normally, Ollie costs anywhere from about $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, and up to $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
Don’t forget, you can additionally obtain wonderful discount rates on your very first order of Ollie with some of the offers discussed in this article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs active ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food additionally boasts outstanding healthy protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the comments below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing secured as well as sanitary in the fridge.
Includes adorable reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs components and also fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie?