Today we’re reviewing the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to assist YOU make a decision– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery service that supplies customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They supply several vet-designed dishes including USA-sourced hen, lamb, beef, or turkey .
- Many proprietors find that changing to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier coats, less allergies, even more energy, and much better total wellness for their dogs.
- Special discount rate for our visitors– get 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand that gives direct distribution food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s recipes are developed to concentrate on top quality and also freshness, with minimally-processed foods including huge quantities of actual pet healthy protein as well as body organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, as well as included superfoods to profit canine health.
The belief is that fresh foods can give even more nutrients to pet dogs than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s tough to state without a doubt whether fresh dog food is inherently “better”, but it does seem that lots of pets that have previously suffered some stomach problems or allergic reactions do much better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple things worth keeping in mind concerning Ollie’s component listing:
- Real meat is the primary active ingredient, adhered to by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 components as whole meats and also organ meats results in a protein-packed make-up, with recipes ranging from 35%– 44% protein (with a completely dry matter evaluation).
- Dishes include tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All recipes are created by veterinarians.
- No fillers like corn, wheat, or soy .
- No man-made tastes, chemicals, or by-products.
- Dishes are minimally processed and also human-grade– you can eat it, if you wanted to!
For those that are nervous regarding the FDA’s alert of a obscure correlation between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive dish; their poultry dish has a healthy dosage of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as other yummy ingredients.
Ollie supplies 4 dishes that proprietors can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with dry matter evaluation
- Hen: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with dry matter analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with dry issue evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s get involved in my individual experience with Ollie and see what Remy idea of it all.
Prefer video clip? You can check out our video evaluation also!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was fairly exciting!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in frozen blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so chilly that they burned my fingers a little– do not be stupid like me, put on some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was safely stored in the fridge freezer (we did have to make some considerable room for his consumes– just a excellent reason to finish off the ice cream), I read through the product that included the Ollie delivery.
I know this is a small thing, however I definitely like the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s cute and– I need to say– actually, really helpful. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I needed to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing secured and also hygienic in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a best suitable for the fresh food packs, making it easy to stand out a half-pack in the container and whip it out for dinner.
It’s additionally worth noting that the food loads themselves are actually well designed. The plastic tabs are simple to open up and also the leading sheet of plastic slides right off, making it actually very easy to scoop out the food.
The packets likewise have a little bit of a lip on the top which took care of to keep my counter rather darn tidy– I hardly ever had a stray piece of food mistake. Easier cleaning is always appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any type of dog food switch for that issue), it’s important to make the shift slowly. Switching your dog’s diet from one kind of food to an additional without any steady transition is a dish for an indigestion.
This is part of the factor I constantly examine folks who declare that a particular brand of dog food provided their dog looseness of the bowels, as it might relate to not correctly migrating your dog to a brand-new food, as opposed to being totally the food’s mistake.
Anyway, as advised, we started offering Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for two days, after that switched to 1/2 and 1/2 for one more number of days, before finally switching over totally to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy absolutely enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! As a matter of fact, he may have liked it a little excessive.
I usually feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This timetable has never gained any type of kind of response from Remy in the past. He normally just hangs around or rests till I call him over for dinner.
However, after changing to Ollie, Remy began to get really antsy at around 5:00 pm, grumbling at me to feed him. It was difficult to stand firm as well as make him wait!
His change in attitude certainly seems to indicate that he’s a large follower. That, and also the copious quantities of drool he would certainly give as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Due to the fact that Remy absolutely loves consuming his supper out of puzzle toys, I was originally a little worried concerning switching to fresh dog food.
Normally we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also allow him have at it– he has so much fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Considering that fresh food is sticky and damp , much of our favorite kibble-dispensing problem toys were out when feeding with Ollie. Nonetheless, I simply chose to start using more LickiMats and also stuffed Kongs as well as it exercised great.
LickiMats are a quite incredible device to utilize along with fresh food– pressing the food right into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog significantly even more time to complete it, and also the licking motion is really comforting for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus, attempt cold the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that need to maintain even ultra-hungry dogs occupied for at least 30 mins or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
So– after trying Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the results?
Many proprietors have actually testified to noticing a shinier layer, lowered itching due to allergic reactions, boosted power as well as– in some cases– even some behavior improvements, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
However what concerning me– did I notice any sort of adjustment in Remy? I did discover a couple of big modifications worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the major things I noticed after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller, greener, and also a lot less smelly– all general indicators of enhanced wellness.
2. Reduced Itching & Allergies
One more point I really did not instantly notice till switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie certainly reduced Remy’s itching.
Remy has actually been an itchy kid for a long time now, so I’ve obtained quite familiar with his licking as well as scraping . When I switched Remy to Ollie, I didn’t make any particular note or observations concerning his itching.
Yet, when turning off of Ollie and back to his original kibble, I swiftly understood Remy was itching as well as damaging much more than he did previously.
Given that he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot much more, indicating that he most likely has some allergic reaction concerns that Ollie had actually been aiding with. This implies I’ll probably end up making the switch back to Ollie eventually, or– at the very least– will try out other sort of foods that can assist Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have imagined, Ollie isn’t precisely low-cost.
The precise price of your Ollie delivery will certainly depend on the dimension and also requirements of your dog, but Ollie prices about anywhere from roughly $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as as much as $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
Regrettably, this may be outside of many pet parents’ budgets.
Nevertheless– it is worth thinking about some of the various other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when assessing cost vs worth.
For one, cost-free distribution means time as well as initiative saved considering that you won’t require to consistently visit PetSmart and lug around gigantic bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food lasting could likewise indicate fewer trips to the vet’s workplace, saving severe cash money gradually and also potentially extending your pooch’s life expectancy.
Do not fail to remember– Our viewers can get 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will certainly last lasting, it absolutely makes the idea of at least trying out as well as trying with fresh dog food much more possible, even for tight spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Allow’s summarize the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, premium food
- Much better for digestion + may reduce some wellness concerns and allergy issues
- Smaller sized, firmer, much less fragrant poops
- Does not require cautious handling like raw food does, while still supplying several of the very same
- Pre-portioned packages for included ease and to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for utilizing alongside Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Bonus offer] Includes adorable multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it concerns comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a long-term food option
- Not compatible with many challenge playthings
- Slightly much more work than feeding kibble (although regarding the exact same amount of initiative as feeding wet tinned dog food).
- Not very portable– it’s definitely not as practical as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not excellent for training work– if you normally utilize your dog’s food as a training reward, damp fresh food just does not work.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you intend to use your dog great grub, definitely provide Ollie a try.
It’s a extremely top notch fresh food with an outstanding component list. While Ollie is a excellent option for any kind of dog, owners of pets that are fussy eaters, have delicate tummies, or have doubtful poops will particularly gain from trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s definitely at least worth evaluating and attempting for yourself if the advantages deserve the price. While I really did not see any kind of incredible adjustments in Remy, his poop renovation were great, he adored the food, as well as it seems like the food might have assisted with his allergies.
Beware– you might have a difficult time returning to kibble when your dog provides you those large pup dog eyes asking for more of the fresh things!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately cooked with marginal handling to preserve nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates depends on the dimension of your dog ( larger pet dogs need ore food, so are extra costly to feed).
Usually, Ollie sets you back anywhere from roughly $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, and up to $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
Do not forget, you can additionally obtain superb price cuts on your initial order of Ollie with some of the deals mentioned in this post.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs components and fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food likewise flaunts excellent healthy protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the remarks below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything secured and hygienic in the refrigerator.
Includes lovable multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs active ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie?