Today we’re examining the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to assist YOU determine– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery service that offers customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They offer several vet-designed recipes featuring USA-sourced poultry, lamb, beef, or turkey .
- Numerous owners locate that switching to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier layers, fewer allergic reactions, more power, and also better general wellness for their dogs.
- Special discount rate for our readers– get 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand name that supplies straight distribution food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s dishes are made to focus on quality and also quality, with minimally-processed foods containing big quantities of actual pet healthy protein as well as organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, and added superfoods to benefit canine health and wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can offer even more nutrients to pets than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s difficult to state without a doubt whether fresh dog food is inherently ” much better”, yet it does seem that many pets that have formerly suffered some tummy issues or allergic reactions do better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple points worth keeping in mind about Ollie’s component checklist:
- Real meat is the leading ingredient, followed by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 active ingredients as whole meats and also body organ meats causes a protein-packed structure, with recipes ranging from 35%– 44% protein (with a dry matter evaluation).
- Dishes consist of tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All dishes are designed by veterinarians.
- No fillers like wheat, corn, or soy .
- No man-made flavors, chemicals, or by-products.
- Dishes are minimally refined as well as human-grade– you can eat it, if you intended to!
For those who are nervous about the FDA’s alert of a unclear correlation in between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive dish; their chicken recipe contains a healthy and balanced dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as other delicious ingredients.
Ollie provides four recipes that owners can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with dry matter analysis
- Poultry: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with dry matter analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with dry issue analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s enter into my personal experience with Ollie and also see what Remy idea of everything.
Prefer video? You can check out our video clip review too!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was fairly exciting!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in frozen blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cool that they melted my fingers a little– don’t be foolish like me, wear some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was safely stored in the fridge freezer (we did need to make some substantial room for his eats– just a good excuse to finish off the gelato), I review the material that included the Ollie shipment.
I recognize this is a small thing, however I absolutely enjoy the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s cute and– I have to claim– actually, actually helpful. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little a pain. I needed to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain whatever sealed as well as sanitary in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a excellent suitable for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to pop a half-pack in the container and whip it out for supper.
It’s also worth keeping in mind that the food packs themselves are actually well developed. The plastic tabs are easy to open and also the leading sheet of plastic slides right off, making it really very easy to dig the food.
The packets likewise have a bit of a lip on the top which managed to keep my counter quite darn tidy– I seldom had a stray piece of food mistake. Much easier cleanup is constantly appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any kind of dog food button for that issue), it’s crucial to make the transition gradually. Switching your dog’s diet from one type of food to one more without any progressive transition is a recipe for an indigestion.
This is part of the reason I constantly question people who declare that a certain brand name of dog food provided their dog looseness of the bowels, as it can pertain to not correctly migrating your dog to a new food, rather than being totally the food’s fault.
Anyhow, as advised, we started out giving Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for two days, after that switched to 1/2 and also 1/2 for another number of days, prior to ultimately switching completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy definitely enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! He may have liked it a little as well much.
I usually feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has actually never gained any kind of kind of response from Remy in the past. He typically just hangs out or sleeps until I call him over for supper.
Yet, after changing to Ollie, Remy began to obtain really anxious at around 5:00 pm, grumbling at me to feed him. It was difficult to persevere as well as make him wait!
His modification in mindset absolutely seems to show that he’s a huge follower. That, as well as the massive amounts of drool he would certainly dispense as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Due to the fact that Remy definitely loves consuming his supper out of problem playthings, I was at first a little anxious concerning switching to fresh dog food.
Typically we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as allow him have at it– he has a lot fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Given that fresh food is sticky as well as damp , a number of our favored kibble-dispensing problem playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. I simply chose to start utilizing more LickiMats and also stuffed Kongs as well as it functioned out wonderful.
LickiMats are a pretty remarkable tool to make use of in conjunction with fresh food– pushing the food into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog substantially even more time to complete it, as well as the licking activity is really comforting for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus, attempt freezing the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that must keep also ultra-hungry pets occupied for at least 30 minutes or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
So– after trying Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the outcomes?
Lots of owners have actually testified to observing a shinier coat, lowered itching because of allergies, improved power as well as– in many cases– even some behavioral improvements, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
What about me– did I observe any type of kind of change in Remy? I did notice a few huge adjustments worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the major things I discovered after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller, greener, as well as a lot less smelly– all general indications of better health and wellness.
2. Minimized Itching & Allergies
One more thing I didn’t immediately observe up until switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie most definitely lowered Remy’s itchiness.
Remy has actually been an itchy boy for quite a while now, so I’ve gotten quite familiar with his licking as well as scratching . I really did not make any kind of specific note or monitorings concerning his itching when I changed Remy to Ollie.
Yet, when switching off of Ollie and back to his original kibble, I rapidly recognized Remy was itching and also damaging much more than he did in the past.
Because he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot more, showing that he probably has some allergy concerns that Ollie had been assisting with. This indicates I’ll possibly wind up making the button back to Ollie eventually, or– at the minimum– will certainly trying out other sort of foods that can help Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you may have imagined, Ollie isn’t precisely economical.
The exact rate of your Ollie shipment will depend upon the dimension and also needs of your dog, yet Ollie costs about anywhere from roughly $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, as well as up to $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
Regrettably, this might be outside of numerous pet parents’ spending plans.
Nonetheless– it deserves taking into consideration a few of the various other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet when examining expense vs worth.
For one, free delivery means time and effort conserved because you won’t require to regularly go to PetSmart and also haul around large bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-term might additionally imply fewer trips to the veterinarian’s office, conserving serious cash with time and also potentially prolonging your pooch’s life expectancy.
Do not fail to remember– Our visitors can get 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will certainly last lasting, it definitely makes the concept of at least trying as well as exploring with fresh dog food a lot more possible, also for tight budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Let’s sum up the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-grade food
- Better for food digestion + might alleviate some health problems and also allergic reaction concerns
- Smaller sized, firmer, much less scent-laden poops
- Doesn’t call for mindful managing like raw food does, while still providing a few of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packets for added ease as well as to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for using together with Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Perk] Consists of charming reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a long-term food choice
- Not compatible with the majority of challenge playthings
- Slightly extra work than feeding kibble (although regarding the exact same quantity of effort as feeding wet canned dog food).
- Not extremely portable– it’s definitely not as practical as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not excellent for training job– if you typically use your dog’s food as a training incentive, damp fresh food simply does not work.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you intend to use your dog excellent grub, definitely provide Ollie a shot.
It’s a really high-grade fresh food with an remarkable active ingredient list. While Ollie is a fantastic alternative for any kind of dog, owners of canines that are picky eaters, have sensitive bellies, or have doubtful poops will specifically take advantage of attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s certainly at least worth attempting and reviewing for yourself if the advantages are worth the rate. While I really did not see any amazing adjustments in Remy, his poop improvement were terrific, he loved the food, and also it seems like the food may have assisted with his allergic reactions.
When your dog offers you those huge puppy dog eyes asking for even more of the fresh things, be careful– you may have a challenging time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully cooked with minimal handling to maintain nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates relies on the size of your dog (bigger canines call for ore food, so are extra expensive to feed).
Typically, Ollie sets you back anywhere from approximately $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, and up to $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
Yet do not neglect, you can likewise obtain fantastic discount rates on your first order of Ollie with several of the bargains pointed out in this post.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium active ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food likewise boasts remarkable healthy protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the remarks listed below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing sealed and also hygienic in the fridge.
Consists of adorable recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie?