Today we’re evaluating the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to help YOU choose– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery service that provides customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They provide numerous vet-designed dishes including USA-sourced chicken, lamb, turkey, or beef .
- Lots of proprietors locate that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier coats, fewer allergies, even more power, and far better general health for their pets.
- Special discount rate for our viewers– get 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand that offers straight delivery food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s recipes are developed to focus on high quality and also quality, with minimally-processed foods having huge quantities of real animal healthy protein as well as organ meats, along with fruits, veggies, as well as added superfoods to benefit canine health.
The belief is that fresh foods can offer more nutrients to canines than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s hard to say for certain whether fresh dog food is naturally “better”, but it does seem that numerous canines that have formerly experienced some stomach problems or allergic reactions do far better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple points worth noting regarding Ollie’s active ingredient checklist:
- Real meat is the number one ingredient, adhered to by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 active ingredients as entire meats and organ meats leads to a protein-packed make-up, with dishes varying from 35%– 44% protein (with a dry matter evaluation).
- Recipes include lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All dishes are made by vets.
- No fillers like corn, soy, or wheat .
- No synthetic tastes, preservatives, or by-products.
- Dishes are minimally processed and also human-grade– you might consume it, if you intended to!
For those who fidget regarding the FDA’s alert of a obscure correlation between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive dish; their chicken recipe contains a healthy dose of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and other tasty ingredients.
Ollie uses 4 dishes that owners can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Poultry: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with dry issue analysis
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with dry issue analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with dry issue analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s get into my personal experience with Ollie and also see what Remy thought of everything.
Prefer video clip? You can check out our video testimonial also!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was quite exciting!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in frozen blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cool that they melted my fingers a little– do not be dumb like me, wear some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was safely packed away in the fridge freezer (we did have to make some considerable space for his eats– simply a great excuse to finish off the ice cream), I review the product that came with the Ollie delivery.
I know this is a small thing, yet I definitely love the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s charming and– I have to claim– actually, truly beneficial. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little a discomfort. I needed to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing sealed and also sanitary in the fridge.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a ideal suitable for the fresh food packs, making it easy to pop a half-pack in the container as well as whip it out for supper.
It’s likewise worth noting that the food loads themselves are truly well created. The plastic tabs are very easy to open and also the leading sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it truly simple to scoop out the food.
The packages likewise have a bit of a lip on the top which managed to maintain my counter quite darn clean– I hardly ever had a roaming piece of food make a mess. Much easier cleaning is always valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any kind of dog food switch for that matter), it’s essential to make the change gradually. Switching your dog’s diet regimen from one sort of food to another with no steady change is a dish for an indigestion.
This belongs to the reason I constantly question individuals who declare that a certain brand name of dog food provided their dog looseness of the bowels, as it can involve not effectively moving your dog to a new food, as opposed to being completely the food’s fault.
Anyhow, as advised, we began offering Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for 2 days, then changed to 1/2 and 1/2 for an additional couple of days, before ultimately changing entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy definitely enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! He might have liked it a little as well a lot.
I generally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has never gained any kind of reaction from Remy in the past. He typically simply socializes or sleeps until I call him over for supper.
After switching over to Ollie, Remy started to get extremely antsy at around 5:00 pm, grumbling at me to feed him. It was difficult to stand firm and make him wait!
His change in attitude definitely appears to suggest that he’s a huge follower. That, as well as the massive amounts of drool he would certainly give as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Since Remy absolutely likes eating his dinner out of challenge playthings, I was originally a little anxious about switching over to fresh dog food.
Normally we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and allow him have at it– he has so much enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Because fresh food is wet and sticky , most of our preferred kibble-dispensing problem toys were out when feeding with Ollie. However, I simply determined to begin using more LickiMats and packed Kongs and it worked out excellent.
LickiMats are a rather outstanding device to use in conjunction with fresh food– pressing the food into a LickiMat will take your dog significantly even more time to complete it, and also the licking motion is really relaxing for distressed puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a benefit, attempt freezing the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that should maintain even ultra-hungry pets inhabited for at the very least 30 minutes or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
— after attempting Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the results?
Several proprietors have actually born witness noticing a shinier layer, reduced itching due to allergic reactions, enhanced power and– sometimes– even some behavior enhancements, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
What concerning me– did I discover any kind of kind of adjustment in Remy? I did see a couple of large changes worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the major things I discovered after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller sized, greener, as well as a lot less stinky– all basic signs of improved wellness.
2. Lowered Itching & Allergies
Another point I didn’t immediately see up until switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie definitely decreased Remy’s irritation.
Remy has actually been an itchy boy for a long time currently, so I’ve gotten quite accustomed to his damaging and licking . I really did not make any type of specific note or monitorings concerning his irritation when I switched Remy to Ollie.
But, when turning off of Ollie and also back to his initial kibble, I promptly understood Remy was itching as well as scraping a lot more than he did previously.
Considering that he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal a lot more, showing that he most likely has some allergic reaction problems that Ollie had actually been aiding with. This means I’ll possibly end up making the button back to Ollie eventually, or– at least– will try out other type of foods that can help Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you may have visualized, Ollie isn’t specifically affordable.
The exact cost of your Ollie shipment will certainly rely on the size and also requirements of your dog, but Ollie expenses approximately anywhere from roughly $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, and up to $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
This may be outdoors of many pet parents’ budgets.
Nonetheless– it deserves taking into consideration a few of the other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet when assessing expense vs value.
For one, free distribution means time and also initiative saved given that you won’t need to on a regular basis go to PetSmart and also lug around huge bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food lasting could also suggest less trips to the vet’s office, conserving serious cash money with time as well as potentially prolonging your pooch’s lifespan.
Do not neglect– Our viewers can obtain 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will certainly last long-lasting, it definitely makes the suggestion of at the very least trying and also trying out with fresh dog food much more attainable, also for limited spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Let’s sum up the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, top notch food
- Better for digestion + might minimize some health issues and also allergy issues
- Smaller, firmer, much less scent-laden poops
- Doesn’t call for mindful dealing with like raw food does, while still giving several of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packets for added comfort and to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for utilizing together with LickiMats or kongs
- [Bonus] Includes lovable recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a long-term food alternative
- Not suitable with the majority of puzzle playthings
- Slightly more work than feeding kibble (although regarding the exact same amount of initiative as feeding damp tinned dog food).
- Not extremely portable– it’s certainly not as practical as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not wonderful for training job– if you normally utilize your dog’s food as a training benefit, wet fresh food just doesn’t work also.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you want to offer your dog terrific grub, definitely provide Ollie a try.
It’s a very high-grade fresh food with an outstanding component list. While Ollie is a fantastic alternative for any dog, owners of pets that are fussy eaters, have delicate tummies, or have questionable poops will especially take advantage of trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s certainly a minimum of worth reviewing as well as trying for yourself if the benefits are worth the cost. While I didn’t see any remarkable changes in Remy, his poop enhancement were fantastic, he adored the food, and also it feels like the food might have helped with his allergic reactions.
Be careful– you could have a bumpy ride going back to kibble when your dog provides you those huge young puppy dog eyes begging for more of the fresh stuff!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately cooked with very little processing to keep nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing relies on the size of your dog (bigger pets require ore food, so are a lot more expensive to feed).
Usually, Ollie costs anywhere from around $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, as well as up to $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
Don’t forget, you can additionally get wonderful discounts on your very first order of Ollie with some of the offers discussed in this article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium active ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food also boasts outstanding protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the comments below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain whatever secured and sanitary in the refrigerator.
Consists of cute multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium components and fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie?