Today we’re assessing the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to assist YOU determine– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution service that supplies tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They supply several vet-designed dishes including USA-sourced poultry, beef, lamb, or turkey .
- Many proprietors find that changing to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier layers, less allergies, more power, and far better total health for their pet dogs.
- Special discount for our viewers– get 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand that provides straight distribution food on a subscription basis.
Ollie’s recipes are created to concentrate on quality as well as freshness, with minimally-processed foods consisting of large amounts of genuine pet protein and body organ meats, along with fruits, veggies, and also included superfoods to benefit canine health.
The belief is that fresh foods can supply even more nutrients to dogs than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s hard to state for certain whether fresh dog food is naturally ” far better”, yet it does seem that several pets that have actually previously suffered some stomach issues or allergies do far better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair things worth keeping in mind concerning Ollie’s ingredient checklist:
- Actual meat is the number one component, adhered to by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 components as entire meats as well as organ meats leads to a protein-packed structure, with dishes varying from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a completely dry matter analysis).
- Dishes include lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All dishes are designed by veterinarians.
- No fillers like soy, corn, or wheat .
- No fabricated tastes, chemicals, or by-products.
- Dishes are minimally refined and human-grade– you could consume it, if you intended to!
For those that are nervous about the FDA’s alert of a unclear connection between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive recipe; their chicken recipe has a healthy dose of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and various other delicious active ingredients.
Ollie provides four recipes that proprietors can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Chicken: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with dry matter analysis
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with dry matter evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with completely dry issue analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s get involved in my individual experience with Ollie as well as see what Remy thought of all of it.
Prefer video? You can look into our video testimonial also!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was fairly exciting!
Remy’s fresh food got here in frozen blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cold that they shed my fingers a little– don’t be dumb like me, wear some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was safely stored in the freezer (we did have to make some substantial space for his consumes– simply a great reason to finish off the gelato), I check out the product that came with the Ollie shipment.
I recognize this is a small thing, yet I absolutely enjoy the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s adorable and also– I have to state– really, really beneficial. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I needed to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing secured as well as sanitary in the fridge.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a excellent fit for the fresh food packs, making it simple to pop a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for dinner.
It’s also worth noting that the food packs themselves are really well designed. The plastic tabs are simple to open up as well as the leading sheet of plastic slides right off, making it really easy to dig the food.
The packets likewise have a bit of a lip on the top which handled to keep my counter rather darn tidy– I rarely had a roaming piece of food mistake. Much easier clean-up is constantly appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any dog food switch for that issue), it’s crucial to make the transition gradually. Switching your dog’s diet regimen from one type of food to one more without any gradual change is a dish for an indigestion.
This becomes part of the factor I constantly examine individuals that assert that a particular brand name of dog food offered their dog diarrhea, as it could involve not properly moving your dog to a brand-new food, as opposed to being totally the food’s fault.
Anyway, as instructed, we started out offering Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for 2 days, then switched to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for another number of days, before ultimately changing completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy certainly liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! He may have liked it a little as well much.
I generally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This timetable has actually never ever made any type of kind of reaction from Remy in the past. He typically just hangs around or sleeps up until I call him over for dinner.
But, after changing to Ollie, Remy started to obtain very impatient at around 5:00 pm, grumbling at me to feed him. It was tough to persevere as well as make him wait!
His adjustment in attitude absolutely seems to indicate that he’s a big follower. That, as well as the copious quantities of drool he would give as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was initially a little worried about switching to fresh dog food since Remy absolutely likes consuming his supper out of challenge playthings.
Usually we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as allow him have at it– he has a lot fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Because fresh food is sticky and damp , most of our favorite kibble-dispensing problem toys were out when feeding with Ollie. Nonetheless, I just made a decision to start utilizing much more LickiMats and packed Kongs as well as it worked out excellent.
LickiMats are a pretty awesome tool to use along with fresh food– pushing the food into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog substantially more time to finish it, and the licking motion is very relaxing for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus offer, try cold the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that must maintain even ultra-hungry canines inhabited for a minimum of 30 mins or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
— after attempting Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the results?
Lots of proprietors have actually testified to observing a shinier layer, minimized itching as a result of allergic reactions, boosted energy and also– in many cases– also some behavior renovations, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
What about me– did I observe any type of kind of modification in Remy? I did discover a couple of huge changes worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the major things I observed after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller sized, greener, and a lot less stinky– all basic indications of improved health and wellness.
2. Minimized Itching & Allergies
Another point I didn’t instantly see until switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie most definitely minimized Remy’s irritation.
Remy has actually been an itchy boy for quite a while now, so I’ve gotten quite familiar with his licking and scratching . When I changed Remy to Ollie, I didn’t make any particular note or monitorings regarding his irritation.
However, when turning off of Ollie and back to his initial kibble, I quickly understood Remy was itching and scraping far more than he did before.
Given that he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal a lot more, suggesting that he possibly has some allergy problems that Ollie had been helping with. This implies I’ll most likely wind up making the button back to Ollie at some time, or– at the minimum– will certainly trying out other type of foods that can help Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you may have imagined, Ollie isn’t exactly affordable.
The specific price of your Ollie shipment will depend upon the size and needs of your dog, yet Ollie expenses about anywhere from around $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, and as much as $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
Regrettably, this may be outside of many pet moms and dads’ budgets.
However– it is worth taking into consideration several of the other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when evaluating cost vs value.
For one, complimentary delivery means time and also initiative conserved since you will not require to frequently see PetSmart as well as carry around large bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food lasting might also mean fewer journeys to the vet’s office, saving severe cash with time and also possibly prolonging your pooch’s life-span.
Don’t forget– Our viewers can get 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will last lasting, it absolutely makes the concept of a minimum of attempting and also exploring with fresh dog food a lot more achievable, also for limited budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Allow’s summarize the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, top quality food
- Better for digestion + may reduce some wellness concerns as well as allergy concerns
- Smaller sized, stronger, much less odorous poops
- Does not require cautious dealing with like raw food does, while still supplying several of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packets for added comfort and to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for utilizing alongside LickiMats or kongs
- [ Perk] Includes charming reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it pertains to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a lasting food alternative
- Not suitable with most puzzle toys
- Somewhat a lot more work than feeding kibble (although regarding the same amount of effort as feeding damp tinned dog food).
- Not really mobile– it’s certainly not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not great for training work– if you generally use your dog’s food as a training reward, wet fresh food simply does not function also.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you want to supply your dog excellent grub, certainly give Ollie a shot.
It’s a very high-grade fresh food with an excellent component checklist. While Ollie is a fantastic choice for any kind of dog, owners of dogs that are particular eaters, have sensitive stomachs, or have suspicious poops will specifically take advantage of attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s definitely a minimum of worth trying as well as evaluating on your own if the advantages are worth the price. While I didn’t see any incredible adjustments in Remy, his poop renovation were fantastic, he adored the food, as well as it feels like the food might have assisted with his allergies.
Be careful– you may have a tough time returning to kibble when your dog provides you those huge pup dog eyes pleading for even more of the fresh stuff!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully prepared with marginal handling to maintain nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing depends upon the dimension of your dog ( larger pet dogs call for ore food, so are extra costly to feed).
Typically, Ollie costs anywhere from around $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, and as much as $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
Don’t neglect, you can also obtain amazing price cuts on your first order of Ollie with some of the deals stated in this post.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium components and also fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food also flaunts remarkable protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the comments listed below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything secured and hygienic in the refrigerator.
Consists of cute reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie?