Today we’re assessing the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to help YOU choose– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment service that supplies tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They supply numerous vet-designed dishes including USA-sourced hen, turkey, beef, or lamb .
- Several proprietors locate that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier coats, less allergies, more energy, and far better overall health and wellness for their canines.
- Unique price cut for our readers– get 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand name that offers straight distribution food on a subscription basis.
Ollie’s recipes are made to focus on top quality as well as freshness, with minimally-processed foods consisting of large quantities of genuine pet healthy protein and organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, and added superfoods to benefit canine health.
The belief is that fresh foods can give even more nutrients to pets than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s difficult to state for sure whether fresh dog food is naturally “better”, however it does appear that lots of canines that have actually formerly endured some stomach problems or allergic reactions do better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple points worth noting regarding Ollie’s active ingredient checklist:
- Actual meat is the primary ingredient, followed by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 ingredients as entire meats and organ meats results in a protein-packed structure, with dishes ranging from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a dry issue evaluation).
- Dishes consist of tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All dishes are designed by veterinarians.
- No fillers like corn, wheat, or soy .
- No fabricated flavors, chemicals, or spin-offs.
- Dishes are minimally processed and human-grade– you might eat it, if you wished to!
For those who fidget about the FDA’s alert of a unknown connection in between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive recipe; their hen dish has a healthy dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and various other delicious active ingredients.
Ollie provides 4 recipes that owners can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with dry matter analysis
- Hen: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with dry matter evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with dry matter analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s get into my individual experience with Ollie as well as see what Remy thought of everything.
Prefer video clip? You can have a look at our video testimonial too!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was rather exciting!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in frozen blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cool that they burned my fingers a little– do not be foolish like me, use some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was safely stored in the fridge freezer (we did need to make some substantial area for his consumes– simply a good excuse to finish off the gelato), I read through the material that included the Ollie shipment.
I understand this is a small thing, however I definitely like the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s charming and– I need to say– truly, actually beneficial. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I needed to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing secured as well as hygienic in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a best suitable for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to pop a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for dinner.
It’s likewise worth keeping in mind that the food packs themselves are truly well made. The plastic tabs are very easy to open and also the leading sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it really easy to dig the food.
The packages also have a bit of a lip on the top which handled to maintain my counter quite darn tidy– I hardly ever had a roaming item of food mistake. Much easier clean-up is constantly valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any kind of dog food button for that matter), it’s vital to make the transition slowly. Switching your dog’s diet from one sort of food to an additional without any gradual change is a recipe for an upset stomach.
This becomes part of the reason I constantly question folks that claim that a particular brand of dog food offered their dog looseness of the bowels, as it could pertain to not effectively migrating your dog to a new food, as opposed to being entirely the food’s mistake.
Anyhow, as advised, we began providing Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his regular kibble. We did that for 2 days, after that switched to 1/2 and 1/2 for one more number of days, before ultimately changing totally to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy certainly liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! He could have liked it a little also much.
I generally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has actually never ever earned any kind of type of response from Remy in the past. He typically simply hangs out or sleeps up until I call him over for supper.
After switching over to Ollie, Remy started to get really antsy at around 5:00 pm, whining at me to feed him. It was tough to stand firm as well as make him wait!
His modification in attitude certainly appears to indicate that he’s a huge follower. That, and the massive amounts of drool he would give as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Because Remy definitely likes consuming his supper out of challenge toys, I was originally a little nervous about switching over to fresh dog food.
Generally we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and allow him have at it– he has so much enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Because fresh food is damp and sticky , many of our preferred kibble-dispensing puzzle playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. Nevertheless, I just chose to start making use of more LickiMats and also stuffed Kongs and also it worked out great.
LickiMats are a rather awesome tool to use along with fresh food– pushing the food right into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog significantly even more time to complete it, and also the licking motion is very comforting for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus offer, try cold the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that must maintain even ultra-hungry canines inhabited for at the very least 30 mins or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
— after attempting Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the outcomes?
Numerous proprietors have testified to noticing a shinier coat, reduced itching due to allergic reactions, enhanced energy as well as– in some cases– even some behavior improvements, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
However what about me– did I observe any type of sort of adjustment in Remy? I did see a few large changes worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the significant points I observed after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller, greener, as well as much less stinky– all general indications of better health and wellness.
2. Lowered Itching & Allergies
One more thing I didn’t promptly discover up until changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie certainly lowered Remy’s irritation.
Remy has actually been an scratchy child for quite a while now, so I’ve obtained pretty accustomed to his scraping and also licking . I really did not make any kind of certain note or observations regarding his irritation when I switched Remy to Ollie.
But, when switching off of Ollie and back to his original kibble, I swiftly recognized Remy was itching as well as damaging far more than he did before.
Since he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot extra, showing that he possibly has some allergy problems that Ollie had been assisting with. This means I’ll possibly end up making the button back to Ollie at some point, or– at the minimum– will experiment with other type of foods that can assist Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have thought of, Ollie isn’t specifically inexpensive.
The precise rate of your Ollie delivery will depend on the size and requirements of your dog, yet Ollie expenses about anywhere from approximately $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, and as much as $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
However, this might be outside of numerous pet moms and dads’ budget plans.
Nonetheless– it deserves considering several of the various other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet when assessing expense vs value.
For one, cost-free distribution means time and effort conserved considering that you won’t need to routinely see PetSmart and also lug around large bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food lasting can additionally suggest less journeys to the veterinarian’s office, conserving significant cash money over time and potentially prolonging your pooch’s lifespan.
Do not fail to remember– Our readers can get 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will last long-lasting, it absolutely makes the concept of at the very least exploring and trying with fresh dog food much more possible, also for tight budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Let’s sum up the advantages and disadvantages of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-quality food
- Better for digestion + may minimize some wellness issues and also allergic reaction concerns
- Smaller sized, stronger, less fragrant poops
- Does not require cautious taking care of like raw food does, while still offering a few of the very same
- Pre-portioned packages for added convenience and also to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for making use of together with Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Bonus offer] Consists of adorable reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it involves comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a long-term food option
- Not suitable with the majority of challenge playthings
- A little extra work than feeding kibble (although about the exact same quantity of initiative as feeding damp tinned dog food).
- Not extremely mobile– it’s absolutely not as practical as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not excellent for training job– if you typically use your dog’s food as a training reward, wet fresh food just doesn’t function as well.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you intend to supply your dog wonderful grub, definitely offer Ollie a shot.
It’s a really top notch fresh food with an impressive component checklist. While Ollie is a wonderful alternative for any dog, owners of pets that are choosy eaters, have delicate stomachs, or have questionable poops will particularly take advantage of attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s definitely at the very least worth attempting as well as assessing on your own if the advantages are worth the price. While I really did not see any kind of remarkable modifications in Remy, his poop renovation were terrific, he was crazy about the food, and it looks like the food may have assisted with his allergies.
When your dog provides you those big young puppy dog eyes begging for even more of the fresh things, be cautious– you may have a hard time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully prepared with marginal processing to keep nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices relies on the size of your dog ( larger pets require ore food, so are a lot more costly to feed).
Generally, Ollie sets you back anywhere from approximately $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, and as much as $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
But don’t forget, you can likewise get great price cuts on your first order of Ollie with several of the deals mentioned in this article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium components as well as fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food additionally flaunts remarkable healthy protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the remarks listed below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever sealed as well as hygienic in the refrigerator.
Includes adorable multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie?