Today we’re assessing the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to aid YOU determine– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery service that provides personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They supply several vet-designed recipes featuring USA-sourced poultry, lamb, beef, or turkey .
- Numerous owners locate that switching to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier coats, less allergic reactions, even more energy, as well as better general health for their dogs.
- Unique discount rate for our readers– obtain 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand that gives direct delivery food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s recipes are designed to concentrate on quality as well as freshness, with minimally-processed foods having huge amounts of actual animal protein as well as body organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, and added superfoods to benefit canine health and wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can give more nutrients to canines than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s difficult to say for certain whether fresh dog food is inherently ” far better”, but it does seem that lots of pets that have actually formerly experienced some belly issues or allergic reactions do much better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair points worth keeping in mind regarding Ollie’s component checklist:
- Real meat is the top ingredient, followed by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 active ingredients as entire meats and body organ meats leads to a protein-packed composition, with dishes ranging from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a dry matter evaluation).
- Dishes include tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All dishes are made by veterinarians.
- No fillers like wheat, corn, or soy .
- No synthetic tastes, chemicals, or by-products.
- Dishes are minimally processed and human-grade– you can consume it, if you intended to!
For those who fidget regarding the FDA’s alert of a undetermined correlation in between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive dish; their hen dish contains a healthy dose of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and various other delicious ingredients.
Ollie supplies four recipes that owners can pick from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with dry matter evaluation
- Hen: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with dry matter analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with completely dry matter analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s get involved in my individual experience with Ollie and also see what Remy idea of all of it.
Prefer video? You can take a look at our video clip evaluation also!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was rather amazing!
Remy’s fresh food got here in frozen blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cold that they melted my fingers a little– do not be stupid like me, put on some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was securely stored in the freezer (we did have to make some significant room for his consumes– just a excellent reason to round off the gelato), I go through the product that included the Ollie shipment.
I know this is a small thing, but I absolutely enjoy the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s adorable and also– I need to state– truly, really valuable. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I needed to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing sealed and hygienic in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a excellent suitable for the fresh food packs, making it simple to pop a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for dinner.
It’s likewise worth noting that the food packs themselves are truly well created. The plastic tabs are very easy to open up as well as the leading sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it actually easy to dig the food.
The packets likewise have a little bit of a lip on the top which managed to maintain my counter rather darn tidy– I hardly ever had a roaming piece of food mistake. Simpler cleanup is constantly valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any type of dog food switch for that matter), it’s vital to make the shift slowly. Switching your dog’s diet plan from one sort of food to an additional with no gradual change is a dish for an upset stomach.
This is part of the factor I always examine individuals who declare that a certain brand name of dog food gave their dog diarrhea, as it can have to do with not correctly migrating your dog to a brand-new food, as opposed to being completely the food’s mistake.
Anyhow, as advised, we started giving Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for two days, after that switched to 1/2 and 1/2 for one more number of days, before ultimately switching over entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy most definitely enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! He could have liked it a little as well a lot.
I normally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has never gained any type of kind of response from Remy in the past. He normally simply hangs around or sleeps until I call him over for dinner.
After changing to Ollie, Remy started to obtain extremely restless at around 5:00 pm, grumbling at me to feed him. It was difficult to persevere as well as make him wait!
His adjustment in mindset absolutely seems to indicate that he’s a large fan. That, and the generous amounts of drool he would dispense as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Due to the fact that Remy absolutely enjoys consuming his supper out of puzzle toys, I was originally a little nervous about switching to fresh dog food.
Usually we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as let him have at it– he has so much enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Because fresh food is sticky and damp , a lot of our favorite kibble-dispensing problem toys were out when feeding with Ollie. Nevertheless, I simply determined to start using a lot more LickiMats and packed Kongs and also it exercised wonderful.
LickiMats are a pretty incredible tool to make use of together with fresh food– pressing the food right into a LickiMat will take your dog significantly more time to finish it, as well as the licking activity is extremely relaxing for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a incentive, attempt cold the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that ought to maintain even ultra-hungry dogs inhabited for a minimum of 30 mins or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
So– after trying Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the results?
Lots of owners have testified to discovering a shinier layer, lowered itching as a result of allergic reactions, boosted energy and– in many cases– even some behavior improvements, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
However what about me– did I discover any type of modification in Remy? I did observe a few large changes worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the major things I discovered after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller, greener, and much less foul-smelling– all general indicators of enhanced wellness.
2. Minimized Itching & Allergies
Another point I didn’t promptly observe until changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie absolutely minimized Remy’s itching.
Remy has actually been an itchy kid for quite a while currently, so I’ve obtained pretty accustomed to his licking and also scraping . When I changed Remy to Ollie, I really did not make any kind of specific note or observations concerning his irritation.
When switching over off of Ollie and back to his original kibble, I quickly recognized Remy was itching and also scraping much more than he did before.
Because he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot extra, suggesting that he most likely has some allergy issues that Ollie had actually been helping with. This indicates I’ll possibly wind up making the button back to Ollie eventually, or– at least– will try out other sort of foods that can help Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have pictured, Ollie isn’t exactly inexpensive.
The precise cost of your Ollie delivery will depend upon the dimension as well as demands of your dog, however Ollie costs about anywhere from about $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, and also up to $11 daily for an 80 lb dog.
This may be outside of lots of pet parents’ budgets.
Nevertheless– it deserves considering a few of the various other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet regimen when reviewing price vs worth.
For one, totally free shipment means time and also initiative saved given that you will not need to regularly check out PetSmart as well as carry around gigantic bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-lasting can likewise mean fewer journeys to the veterinarian’s office, saving serious cash money gradually and also potentially prolonging your pooch’s lifespan.
Don’t neglect– Our readers can get 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will certainly last long-term, it definitely makes the concept of at least experimenting as well as trying with fresh dog food much more attainable, also for tight spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Allow’s sum up the advantages and disadvantages of Ollie.
- Fresh, top notch food
- Better for food digestion + may alleviate some health and wellness problems as well as allergic reaction concerns
- Smaller sized, stronger, much less odorous poops
- Does not require cautious handling like raw food does, while still giving several of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packets for included ease and to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for utilizing together with LickiMats or kongs
- [ Perk] Consists of adorable reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it pertains to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a long-lasting food choice
- Not suitable with most challenge playthings
- Slightly a lot more work than feeding kibble (although concerning the exact same quantity of initiative as feeding damp tinned dog food).
- Not extremely portable– it’s absolutely not as practical as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not fantastic for training work– if you generally use your dog’s food as a training incentive, wet fresh food simply does not work.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you intend to use your dog fantastic grub, certainly provide Ollie a shot.
It’s a very top notch fresh food with an outstanding active ingredient listing. While Ollie is a fantastic alternative for any dog, proprietors of canines that are particular eaters, have delicate bellies, or have doubtful poops will specifically benefit from trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s definitely a minimum of worth trying as well as assessing on your own if the advantages are worth the cost. While I really did not see any type of incredible changes in Remy, his poop renovation were excellent, he adored the food, as well as it seems like the food might have aided with his allergic reactions.
When your dog offers you those big puppy dog eyes pleading for more of the fresh stuff, beware– you may have a challenging time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently prepared with marginal processing to preserve nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing relies on the size of your dog (bigger pet dogs need ore food, so are more costly to feed).
Generally, Ollie sets you back anywhere from around $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, as well as approximately $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
But don’t forget, you can additionally obtain fantastic discounts on your initial order of Ollie with some of the offers discussed in this short article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs components and fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food additionally boasts impressive protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the remarks listed below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing sealed and also hygienic in the fridge.
Consists of charming reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium active ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie?