Today we’re assessing the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to help YOU make a decision– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution service that offers customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They supply several vet-designed recipes including USA-sourced poultry, lamb, turkey, or beef .
- Numerous owners discover that changing to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier coats, fewer allergies, even more energy, and better general wellness for their dogs.
- Unique discount rate for our readers– get 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand that provides direct distribution food on a subscription basis.
Ollie’s recipes are created to focus on quality and freshness, with minimally-processed foods having huge amounts of real pet protein and body organ meats, along with fruits, veggies, as well as added superfoods to benefit canine health.
The idea is that fresh foods can supply even more nutrients to pets than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s hard to say for certain whether fresh dog food is inherently “better”, but it does seem that many dogs that have actually formerly experienced some tummy problems or allergies do far better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple points worth keeping in mind regarding Ollie’s active ingredient listing:
- Actual meat is the number one component, adhered to by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 ingredients as whole meats and also organ meats leads to a protein-packed make-up, with recipes ranging from 35%– 44% protein (with a completely dry issue analysis).
- Dishes include tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All recipes are designed by veterinarians.
- No fillers like soy, corn, or wheat .
- No artificial flavors, chemicals, or by-products.
- Dishes are minimally processed and human-grade– you might eat it, if you intended to!
For those that are nervous regarding the FDA’s alert of a unknown connection between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive dish; their hen dish consists of a healthy and balanced dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and other tasty components.
Ollie offers 4 recipes that owners can pick from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with dry matter analysis
- Hen: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with dry matter analysis
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with completely dry issue analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s enter my personal experience with Ollie as well as see what Remy idea of it all.
Prefer video clip? You can check out our video testimonial as well!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was fairly exciting!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in icy blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cold that they melted my fingers a little– don’t be dumb like me, use some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was securely stored in the freezer (we did have to make some considerable room for his consumes– just a excellent reason to round off the gelato), I review the product that came with the Ollie shipment.
I know this is a small thing, but I definitely enjoy the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s cute as well as– I have to state– actually, really helpful. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I needed to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing sealed and also hygienic in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a excellent suitable for the fresh food packs, making it simple to pop a half-pack in the container as well as whip it out for dinner.
It’s also worth noting that the food loads themselves are truly well created. The plastic tabs are easy to open up and also the leading sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it actually simple to scoop out the food.
The packages additionally have a bit of a lip on the top which managed to maintain my counter quite darn tidy– I hardly ever had a stray piece of food mistake. Less complicated cleanup is always valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any kind of dog food switch for that matter), it’s important to make the change slowly. Changing your dog’s diet from one sort of food to an additional without any gradual transition is a dish for an indigestion.
This belongs to the reason I constantly examine individuals that assert that a certain brand name of dog food provided their dog looseness of the bowels, as it might pertain to not effectively migrating your dog to a brand-new food, rather than being completely the food’s fault.
Anyhow, as instructed, we started out providing Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his regular kibble. We did that for two days, after that switched over to 1/2 and also 1/2 for another couple of days, before lastly changing totally to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy definitely loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! He could have liked it a little also much.
I usually feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has never gained any sort of reaction from Remy in the past. He normally simply hangs out or rests till I call him over for dinner.
But, after switching to Ollie, Remy started to obtain very anxious at around 5:00 pm, yawping at me to feed him. It was difficult to persevere as well as make him wait!
His change in perspective definitely appears to suggest that he’s a large follower. That, as well as the massive amounts of drool he would certainly give as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was at first a little nervous about switching to fresh dog food because Remy absolutely loves consuming his dinner out of problem toys.
Normally we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and let him have at it– he has so much fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Given that fresh food is damp and also sticky , much of our favorite kibble-dispensing puzzle playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. I simply decided to start using a lot more LickiMats and stuffed Kongs and it functioned out fantastic.
LickiMats are a quite incredible device to use combined with fresh food– pressing the food right into a LickiMat will take your dog considerably more time to complete it, as well as the licking movement is extremely soothing for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a perk, attempt freezing the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that should keep even ultra-hungry dogs occupied for at the very least 30 minutes or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
So– after trying Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the results?
Many owners have testified to noticing a shinier layer, lowered itching because of allergic reactions, improved power and also– in many cases– also some behavioral improvements, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
What regarding me– did I discover any kind of modification in Remy? I did discover a couple of huge modifications worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the major points I noticed after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller, greener, as well as a lot less smelly– all basic indicators of better wellness.
2. Reduced Itching & Allergies
An additional thing I didn’t quickly notice up until switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie certainly minimized Remy’s itchiness.
Remy has actually been an itchy kid for a long time now, so I’ve obtained quite familiar with his licking and scratching . When I switched over Remy to Ollie, I didn’t make any certain note or monitorings concerning his itchiness.
But, when turning off of Ollie as well as back to his initial kibble, I rapidly understood Remy was itching and damaging much more than he did before.
Because he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot much more, showing that he most likely has some allergy concerns that Ollie had actually been assisting with. This indicates I’ll most likely end up making the button back to Ollie at some time, or– at the minimum– will certainly trying out other sort of foods that can aid Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have imagined, Ollie isn’t exactly affordable.
The exact rate of your Ollie delivery will certainly rely on the dimension and also needs of your dog, however Ollie prices roughly anywhere from around $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as up to $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
Regrettably, this might be beyond many pet parents’ budgets.
— it is worth taking into consideration some of the other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet regimen when reviewing expense vs value.
For one, free shipment means time and initiative saved given that you won’t require to consistently see PetSmart and haul around giant bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food lasting could additionally suggest fewer journeys to the veterinarian’s office, conserving significant cash over time as well as potentially expanding your pooch’s life-span.
Don’t forget– Our viewers can obtain 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will last lasting, it definitely makes the suggestion of at least attempting and also exploring with fresh dog food much more achievable, even for tight budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Let’s summarize the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, premium food
- Better for digestion + may ease some wellness problems and allergy concerns
- Smaller, stronger, much less scent-laden poops
- Doesn’t call for mindful dealing with like raw food does, while still giving some of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packages for included comfort as well as to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for making use of alongside LickiMats or kongs
- [ Bonus offer] Includes charming recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it concerns comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a long-lasting food option
- Not suitable with most problem toys
- A little much more job than feeding kibble (although about the same amount of initiative as feeding damp canned dog food).
- Not very portable– it’s absolutely not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not fantastic for training job– if you normally utilize your dog’s food as a training benefit, damp fresh food just doesn’t work too.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you intend to supply your dog fantastic grub, definitely offer Ollie a shot.
It’s a very high-grade fresh food with an remarkable ingredient listing. While Ollie is a terrific alternative for any type of dog, proprietors of dogs who are fussy eaters, have delicate tummies, or have suspicious poops will especially gain from trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s definitely at the very least worth examining as well as attempting for yourself if the advantages are worth the rate. While I really did not see any type of amazing adjustments in Remy, his poop enhancement were wonderful, he was crazy about the food, and also it looks like the food may have aided with his allergies.
When your dog gives you those huge puppy dog eyes asking for even more of the fresh stuff, beware– you may have a challenging time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully prepared with marginal processing to keep nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing depends on the size of your dog (bigger dogs need ore food, so are a lot more pricey to feed).
Typically, Ollie sets you back anywhere from around $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as as much as $11 daily for an 80 lb dog.
However don’t neglect, you can additionally get fantastic discount rates on your first order of Ollie with several of the offers pointed out in this article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food additionally boasts impressive protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the comments listed below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever secured and sanitary in the fridge.
Includes adorable recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs active ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie?