Today we’re evaluating the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to help YOU choose– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment solution that gives customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They supply a number of vet-designed dishes including USA-sourced hen, turkey, lamb, or beef .
- Numerous proprietors discover that changing to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier layers, fewer allergic reactions, more energy, and better total health and wellness for their canines.
- Unique discount for our visitors– get 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand name that supplies straight delivery food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s recipes are created to focus on high quality and quality, with minimally-processed foods having big amounts of genuine pet healthy protein as well as organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, as well as added superfoods to profit canine health and wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can supply more nutrients to pet dogs than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s tough to state without a doubt whether fresh dog food is naturally “better”, however it does seem that lots of dogs that have actually previously endured some tummy concerns or allergic reactions do far better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple points worth noting about Ollie’s component list:
- Genuine meat is the top active ingredient, adhered to by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 active ingredients as whole meats and organ meats results in a protein-packed make-up, with recipes varying from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a completely dry matter analysis).
- Dishes consist of tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All recipes are developed by veterinarians.
- No fillers like soy, corn, or wheat .
- No synthetic flavors, chemicals, or spin-offs.
- Recipes are minimally processed and also human-grade– you can eat it, if you intended to!
For those who fidget concerning the FDA’s alert of a obscure correlation in between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive recipe; their hen dish has a healthy dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as other yummy ingredients.
Ollie uses 4 recipes that proprietors can pick from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with dry issue analysis
- Poultry: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with dry matter analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with dry issue evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s get involved in my personal experience with Ollie and also see what Remy thought of everything.
Prefer video clip? You can check out our video testimonial as well!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was fairly amazing!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in frozen blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so chilly that they melted my fingers a little– don’t be foolish like me, put on some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was safely packed away in the fridge freezer (we did have to make some considerable space for his eats– simply a great justification to finish off the ice cream), I review the material that came with the Ollie shipment.
I recognize this is a small thing, yet I absolutely enjoy the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s cute and also– I have to state– really, truly beneficial. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little a discomfort. I needed to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing secured and also sanitary in the fridge.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a excellent fit for the fresh food packs, making it easy to pop a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for supper.
It’s also worth noting that the food packs themselves are really well designed. The plastic tabs are simple to open and the top sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it truly simple to scoop out the food.
The packets also have a bit of a lip on the top which handled to maintain my counter pretty darn tidy– I rarely had a roaming item of food make a mess. Easier clean-up is always appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any dog food switch for that matter), it’s important to make the shift gradually. Changing your dog’s diet plan from one type of food to one more without any progressive transition is a dish for an indigestion.
This is part of the reason I constantly examine people that declare that a specific brand of dog food provided their dog diarrhea, as it could relate to not correctly moving your dog to a brand-new food, instead of being entirely the food’s fault.
Anyhow, as instructed, we started out giving Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for two days, after that changed to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for an additional number of days, before lastly switching over totally to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy definitely loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! He could have liked it a little too a lot.
I usually feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has never earned any kind of sort of response from Remy in the past. He normally just socializes or rests until I call him over for supper.
After changing to Ollie, Remy started to obtain very anxious at around 5:00 pm, whining at me to feed him. It was tough to stand firm and also make him wait!
His modification in mindset definitely appears to show that he’s a large fan. That, as well as the generous quantities of drool he would dispense as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was initially a little anxious regarding changing to fresh dog food due to the fact that Remy definitely likes consuming his dinner out of problem playthings.
Usually we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and let him have at it– he has a lot fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Since fresh food is sticky as well as wet , a lot of our preferred kibble-dispensing problem playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. Nonetheless, I simply decided to start making use of much more LickiMats and packed Kongs as well as it worked out terrific.
LickiMats are a pretty awesome tool to use combined with fresh food– pushing the food into a LickiMat will take your dog considerably even more time to complete it, as well as the licking motion is very relaxing for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a perk, try freezing the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that ought to maintain also ultra-hungry canines inhabited for a minimum of 30 minutes or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
— after trying Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the results?
Several owners have born witness seeing a shinier coat, minimized itching because of allergic reactions, enhanced energy and– in many cases– also some behavioral renovations, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
However what about me– did I discover any type of kind of change in Remy? I did see a couple of huge changes worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the significant points I discovered after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller, greener, as well as much less foul-smelling– all general signs of better wellness.
2. Lowered Itching & Allergies
Another point I didn’t promptly see till switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie certainly decreased Remy’s itchiness.
Remy has been an scratchy young boy for quite a while now, so I’ve gotten quite accustomed to his scratching and licking . I didn’t make any type of certain note or observations concerning his itching when I changed Remy to Ollie.
When switching off of Ollie as well as back to his initial kibble, I quickly realized Remy was itching as well as scraping a lot even more than he did in the past.
Considering that he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot more, indicating that he most likely has some allergy problems that Ollie had actually been aiding with. This suggests I’ll most likely wind up making the switch back to Ollie at some time, or– at the minimum– will certainly experiment with various other kinds of foods that can aid Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have imagined, Ollie isn’t exactly affordable.
The specific rate of your Ollie shipment will certainly depend upon the size and also demands of your dog, yet Ollie expenses about anywhere from approximately $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as up to $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
This may be outdoors of several pet parents’ spending plans.
— it is worth considering some of the other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet when assessing cost vs worth.
For one, free shipment means time and also effort saved considering that you won’t need to frequently see PetSmart and lug around gigantic bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-term might additionally mean fewer journeys to the vet’s office, saving major cash gradually and possibly extending your pooch’s lifespan.
Don’t forget– Our viewers can obtain 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will last long-lasting, it absolutely makes the concept of at least experimenting and also trying with fresh dog food far more achievable, even for tight budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Let’s summarize the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, top quality food
- Much better for digestion + may ease some health concerns and also allergic reaction problems
- Smaller sized, stronger, less odorous poops
- Doesn’t need cautious taking care of like raw food does, while still offering a few of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packets for added comfort and also to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for using together with Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Bonus offer] Consists of adorable recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a long-lasting food alternative
- Not compatible with a lot of challenge playthings
- Slightly more work than feeding kibble (although regarding the same quantity of initiative as feeding wet canned dog food).
- Not really mobile– it’s definitely not as practical as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not great for training job– if you typically utilize your dog’s food as a training incentive, damp fresh food simply does not function also.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Definitely provide Ollie a try if you want to supply your dog excellent grub.
It’s a really high-quality fresh food with an outstanding ingredient listing. While Ollie is a great alternative for any dog, owners of dogs who are particular eaters, have delicate bellies, or have doubtful poops will particularly take advantage of attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s definitely at the very least worth examining as well as trying on your own if the advantages are worth the rate. While I really did not see any incredible modifications in Remy, his poop renovation were excellent, he loved the food, as well as it appears like the food might have helped with his allergic reactions.
Be cautious– you could have a bumpy ride returning to kibble when your dog gives you those large young puppy dog eyes begging for more of the fresh things!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully cooked with very little processing to preserve nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices depends upon the size of your dog (bigger dogs require ore food, so are more pricey to feed).
Normally, Ollie costs anywhere from approximately $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, and up to $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
Yet don’t neglect, you can also obtain amazing discount rates on your very first order of Ollie with some of the deals pointed out in this article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs components and fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food also boasts remarkable healthy protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the remarks listed below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything sealed as well as hygienic in the fridge.
Includes cute reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium components and also fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie?