Today we’re examining the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to help YOU choose– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment service that gives personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They use several vet-designed recipes including USA-sourced poultry, lamb, beef, or turkey .
- Numerous owners locate that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier coats, less allergies, more energy, as well as better total wellness for their dogs.
- Special discount for our viewers– get 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand that gives direct delivery food on a subscription basis.
Ollie’s recipes are made to concentrate on top quality as well as quality, with minimally-processed foods having huge amounts of actual pet healthy protein and body organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, as well as included superfoods to profit canine health and wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can offer even more nutrients to pet dogs than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s hard to say for certain whether fresh dog food is inherently ” far better”, yet it does seem that lots of dogs that have actually formerly suffered some tummy concerns or allergic reactions do better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair points worth keeping in mind regarding Ollie’s active ingredient listing:
- Genuine meat is the primary component, adhered to by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 ingredients as entire meats as well as organ meats causes a protein-packed structure, with dishes ranging from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a dry issue evaluation).
- Recipes consist of lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All recipes are developed by vets.
- No fillers like wheat, corn, or soy .
- No artificial tastes, preservatives, or by-products.
- Recipes are minimally refined and human-grade– you could consume it, if you wanted to!
For those who are nervous regarding the FDA’s alert of a unclear connection in between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive recipe; their hen dish includes a healthy and balanced dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and also other yummy components.
Ollie supplies 4 recipes that owners can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with dry matter evaluation
- Poultry: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with dry issue evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with dry issue analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with dry issue analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s enter into my individual experience with Ollie and see what Remy idea of it all.
Prefer video? You can check out our video review also!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was rather exciting!
Remy’s fresh food got here in icy blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cold that they melted my fingers a little– do not be dumb like me, wear some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was safely stored in the fridge freezer (we did have to make some substantial space for his eats– simply a excellent excuse to round off the gelato), I read through the material that featured the Ollie shipment.
I know this is a small thing, but I absolutely like the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s cute as well as– I have to say– truly, really valuable. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little a pain. I needed to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything sealed as well as hygienic in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a perfect suitable for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to stand out a half-pack in the container and whip it out for dinner.
It’s also worth noting that the food loads themselves are actually well developed. The plastic tabs are very easy to open up and the top sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it actually very easy to scoop out the food.
The packets also have a little bit of a lip on the top which handled to keep my counter rather darn clean– I rarely had a stray piece of food make a mess. Simpler clean-up is always appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any type of dog food button for that matter), it’s crucial to make the transition slowly. Changing your dog’s diet regimen from one type of food to one more without any steady transition is a dish for an upset stomach.
This becomes part of the reason I constantly question people who assert that a certain brand of dog food gave their dog diarrhea, as it can involve not correctly moving your dog to a new food, as opposed to being completely the food’s fault.
Anyway, as advised, we started out offering Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for 2 days, after that switched over to 1/2 and 1/2 for one more number of days, prior to ultimately switching over completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy absolutely loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! In fact, he may have liked it a little excessive.
I usually feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has actually never earned any type of kind of reaction from Remy in the past. He typically simply hangs out or rests up until I call him over for supper.
After changing to Ollie, Remy began to obtain very restless at around 5:00 pm, grumbling at me to feed him. It was tough to persevere as well as make him wait!
His change in attitude definitely seems to show that he’s a big follower. That, and also the massive amounts of drool he would dispense as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was originally a little nervous regarding switching to fresh dog food because Remy definitely loves eating his dinner out of puzzle playthings.
Generally we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as let him have at it– he has so much enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Given that fresh food is damp and sticky , most of our favored kibble-dispensing challenge toys were out when feeding with Ollie. I just chose to start making use of a lot more LickiMats and packed Kongs and also it functioned out wonderful.
LickiMats are a quite incredible device to use combined with fresh food– pressing the food into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog substantially even more time to complete it, and the licking movement is very comforting for distressed puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus offer, try freezing the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that must maintain also ultra-hungry canines occupied for a minimum of 30 minutes or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
So– after attempting Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the results?
Numerous proprietors have actually testified to observing a shinier coat, minimized itching due to allergies, boosted power as well as– sometimes– even some behavioral enhancements, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
Yet what regarding me– did I notice any kind of type of adjustment in Remy? I did notice a couple of huge changes worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the major points I discovered after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller, greener, and much less smelly– all basic signs of better health.
2. Minimized Itching & Allergies
Another thing I really did not promptly observe till switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie definitely minimized Remy’s itching.
Remy has been an scratchy young boy for a long time currently, so I’ve gotten rather accustomed to his scratching and licking . When I switched over Remy to Ollie, I didn’t make any kind of certain note or observations regarding his itchiness.
When changing off of Ollie as well as back to his initial kibble, I swiftly realized Remy was itching and scratching much more than he did in the past.
Considering that he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot a lot more, indicating that he probably has some allergic reaction issues that Ollie had been assisting with. This indicates I’ll probably wind up making the switch back to Ollie at some point, or– at the very least– will explore other type of foods that can help Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have pictured, Ollie isn’t specifically economical.
The exact rate of your Ollie shipment will rely on the dimension and also demands of your dog, but Ollie expenses about anywhere from approximately $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, and up to $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
This may be outdoors of lots of pet moms and dads’ spending plans.
However– it deserves taking into consideration some of the other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when examining price vs worth.
For one, cost-free distribution means time as well as initiative saved since you won’t require to frequently see PetSmart as well as haul around gigantic bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-lasting could likewise mean fewer journeys to the vet’s office, saving significant cash gradually as well as potentially prolonging your pooch’s lifespan.
Don’t fail to remember– Our visitors can get 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will certainly last lasting, it certainly makes the idea of at least experimenting and also trying with fresh dog food far more achievable, even for tight budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Allow’s summarize the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, premium food
- Better for food digestion + might alleviate some wellness concerns as well as allergic reaction problems
- Smaller sized, firmer, less scent-laden poops
- Does not need cautious dealing with like raw food does, while still providing several of the very same
- Pre-portioned packets for included convenience and also to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for using alongside LickiMats or kongs
- [ Perk] Consists of lovable multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it involves comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a long-lasting food choice
- Not suitable with most puzzle playthings
- Slightly much more work than feeding kibble (although regarding the very same quantity of initiative as feeding wet canned dog food).
- Not really portable– it’s absolutely not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not fantastic for training job– if you typically use your dog’s food as a training reward, wet fresh food just doesn’t function.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you want to provide your dog wonderful grub, absolutely offer Ollie a shot.
It’s a extremely premium fresh food with an remarkable ingredient checklist. While Ollie is a excellent alternative for any kind of dog, owners of canines who are choosy eaters, have sensitive tummies, or have suspicious poops will specifically gain from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s definitely at the very least worth trying and also examining for yourself if the advantages deserve the rate. While I really did not see any type of miraculous adjustments in Remy, his poop enhancement were great, he was crazy about the food, and also it looks like the food may have helped with his allergies.
Be cautious– you might have a tough time returning to kibble when your dog gives you those huge young puppy dog eyes asking for more of the fresh stuff!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately prepared with minimal handling to keep nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices relies on the dimension of your dog (bigger dogs need ore food, so are extra expensive to feed).
Generally, Ollie costs anywhere from around $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, and also up to $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
Yet don’t neglect, you can additionally get amazing discount rates on your very first order of Ollie with some of the deals pointed out in this article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium components and also fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food likewise boasts remarkable healthy protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the remarks listed below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything secured and also hygienic in the refrigerator.
Consists of adorable reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie?