Today we’re examining the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to aid YOU choose– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution solution that offers tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They use a number of vet-designed recipes including USA-sourced poultry, beef, turkey, or lamb .
- Numerous proprietors locate that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier coats, less allergies, more energy, and much better total wellness for their pets.
- Special discount for our visitors– get 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand name that gives straight delivery food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s recipes are created to focus on quality and freshness, with minimally-processed foods consisting of big quantities of genuine animal healthy protein and also organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, as well as added superfoods to profit canine health.
The belief is that fresh foods can offer more nutrients to pet dogs than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s tough to state for certain whether fresh dog food is naturally “better”, but it does seem that lots of pets that have formerly endured some belly problems or allergic reactions do much better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair things worth keeping in mind about Ollie’s active ingredient listing:
- Actual meat is the leading component, complied with by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 components as entire meats and organ meats leads to a protein-packed composition, with recipes varying from 35%– 44% protein (with a dry matter evaluation).
- Dishes consist of tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All dishes are made by veterinarians.
- No fillers like wheat, corn, or soy .
- No synthetic flavors, preservatives, or by-products.
- Dishes are minimally processed and human-grade– you can consume it, if you wanted to!
For those who fidget concerning the FDA’s alert of a unknown correlation in between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive recipe; their hen recipe includes a healthy and balanced dosage of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as other yummy ingredients.
Ollie uses four dishes that proprietors can pick from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Poultry: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with dry matter evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with completely dry issue analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s enter into my individual experience with Ollie and also see what Remy thought of everything.
Prefer video clip? You can look into our video clip evaluation too!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was rather exciting!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in frozen blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cool that they shed my fingers a little– don’t be stupid like me, put on some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was safely packed away in the freezer (we did have to make some substantial room for his eats– simply a great excuse to finish off the ice cream), I go through the product that featured the Ollie shipment.
I recognize this is a small thing, but I definitely enjoy the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s charming as well as– I have to state– really, really helpful. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I needed to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing secured and sanitary in the fridge.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a ideal fit for the fresh food packs, making it easy to stand out a half-pack in the container and whip it out for dinner.
It’s also worth keeping in mind that the food packs themselves are truly well developed. The plastic tabs are simple to open up and also the top sheet of plastic slides right off, making it really very easy to dig the food.
The packets also have a bit of a lip on the top which managed to keep my counter rather darn tidy– I rarely had a roaming item of food mistake. Much easier cleaning is always appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any type of dog food button for that issue), it’s vital to make the transition slowly. Changing your dog’s diet regimen from one type of food to an additional with no gradual change is a dish for an upset stomach.
This becomes part of the factor I constantly question individuals who assert that a certain brand of dog food provided their dog looseness of the bowels, as it can pertain to not correctly migrating your dog to a brand-new food, instead of being completely the food’s fault.
Anyway, as advised, we began offering Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his regular kibble. We did that for two days, after that switched to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for one more number of days, prior to ultimately switching over completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy certainly liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! In fact, he could have liked it a little excessive.
I generally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This timetable has never made any type of sort of reaction from Remy in the past. He usually simply hangs out or sleeps up until I call him over for dinner.
After changing to Ollie, Remy began to obtain very anxious at around 5:00 pm, yawping at me to feed him. It was difficult to stand firm and make him wait!
His adjustment in attitude definitely seems to suggest that he’s a huge follower. That, and the copious amounts of drool he would certainly give as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Due to the fact that Remy definitely likes consuming his dinner out of problem toys, I was originally a little anxious concerning changing to fresh dog food.
Typically we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and allow him have at it– he has so much fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Because fresh food is damp and also sticky , much of our preferred kibble-dispensing puzzle toys were out when feeding with Ollie. I just determined to start making use of more LickiMats and also packed Kongs as well as it worked out fantastic.
LickiMats are a rather remarkable device to make use of in conjunction with fresh food– pressing the food right into a LickiMat will take your dog significantly even more time to complete it, and the licking motion is very soothing for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a incentive, attempt cold the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that should maintain even ultra-hungry pet dogs occupied for at the very least 30 mins or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
— after attempting Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the outcomes?
Lots of owners have testified to noticing a shinier layer, lowered itching because of allergies, enhanced power as well as– in many cases– even some behavior improvements, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
What regarding me– did I notice any kind of kind of modification in Remy? I did discover a few large modifications worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the significant things I saw after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller, greener, and also a lot less stinky– all general signs of improved health and wellness.
2. Reduced Itching & Allergies
Another thing I didn’t right away observe until changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie absolutely reduced Remy’s itchiness.
Remy has actually been an itchy boy for a long time currently, so I’ve gotten quite familiar with his licking and also damaging . I didn’t make any type of specific note or monitorings concerning his irritation when I switched over Remy to Ollie.
But, when switching off of Ollie and back to his original kibble, I swiftly understood Remy was itching and scraping a lot more than he did before.
Considering that he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal extra, suggesting that he probably has some allergy issues that Ollie had been aiding with. This suggests I’ll possibly end up making the switch back to Ollie at some point, or– at the minimum– will certainly try out other sort of foods that can aid Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have envisioned, Ollie isn’t precisely inexpensive.
The precise price of your Ollie delivery will certainly depend upon the size and also requirements of your dog, but Ollie costs approximately anywhere from about $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as approximately $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
However, this may be beyond lots of pet moms and dads’ budget plans.
— it is worth considering some of the other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet regimen when assessing expense vs worth.
For one, cost-free shipment means time and also effort conserved considering that you won’t require to frequently check out PetSmart and also lug around giant bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-term could likewise imply less journeys to the vet’s workplace, saving severe cash over time and also potentially expanding your pooch’s life-span.
Don’t fail to remember– Our viewers can get 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will last lasting, it certainly makes the suggestion of at least trying as well as exploring with fresh dog food much more possible, also for limited budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Allow’s sum up the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, premium food
- Better for food digestion + may alleviate some wellness issues and also allergic reaction concerns
- Smaller, stronger, much less scent-laden poops
- Does not need mindful dealing with like raw food does, while still supplying a few of the same
- Pre-portioned packages for added convenience and also to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for making use of alongside Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Perk] Includes cute multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it involves contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a long-term food option
- Not suitable with most problem toys
- A little more work than feeding kibble (although about the exact same quantity of initiative as feeding wet canned dog food).
- Not extremely mobile– it’s absolutely not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not great for training job– if you normally utilize your dog’s food as a training incentive, wet fresh food just does not work too.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you wish to provide your dog fantastic grub, definitely give Ollie a try.
It’s a really high-grade fresh food with an impressive component listing. While Ollie is a excellent option for any dog, proprietors of dogs that are fussy eaters, have delicate bellies, or have questionable poops will especially take advantage of trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s certainly a minimum of worth examining and also trying on your own if the benefits are worth the price. While I didn’t see any amazing changes in Remy, his poop improvement were great, he loved the food, as well as it seems like the food may have aided with his allergies.
Be cautious– you might have a bumpy ride returning to kibble when your dog offers you those large young puppy dog eyes pleading for even more of the fresh stuff!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately cooked with very little processing to keep nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing depends on the dimension of your dog (bigger dogs call for ore food, so are a lot more pricey to feed).
Generally, Ollie costs anywhere from around $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, and as much as $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
But don’t fail to remember, you can likewise get superb discount rates on your first order of Ollie with some of the bargains stated in this article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium active ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food likewise boasts impressive protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the remarks listed below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing secured and sanitary in the fridge.
Consists of lovable multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs active ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie?