Does Ollie Dog Food Have Grains
Today we’re examining the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to aid YOU decide– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution solution that gives customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They use a number of vet-designed recipes including USA-sourced hen, beef, lamb, or turkey .
- Several owners locate that switching to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier layers, less allergic reactions, even more energy, and better overall health and wellness for their dogs.
- Special discount rate for our viewers– get 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand name that provides straight shipment food on a subscription basis.
Ollie’s recipes are designed to focus on top quality as well as freshness, with minimally-processed foods consisting of huge amounts of genuine animal healthy protein and organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, and also added superfoods to profit canine wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can give even more nutrients to dogs than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s difficult to state for certain whether fresh dog food is inherently ” much better”, but it does appear that several pet dogs that have actually formerly experienced some stomach issues or allergies do far better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair points worth noting about Ollie’s ingredient list:
- Real meat is the primary component, adhered to by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 active ingredients as whole meats and also organ meats leads to a protein-packed make-up, with dishes varying from 35%– 44% protein (with a completely dry matter analysis).
- Recipes consist of lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All dishes are made by veterinarians.
- No fillers like wheat, corn, or soy .
- No fabricated flavors, preservatives, or by-products.
- Dishes are minimally processed and also human-grade– you can eat it, if you wished to!
For those that are nervous about the FDA’s alert of a unclear connection in between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive dish; their chicken recipe consists of a healthy and balanced dose of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as various other delicious ingredients.
Ollie offers four dishes that owners can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with dry matter evaluation
- Poultry: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with dry matter analysis
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with completely dry matter evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s enter into my individual experience with Ollie as well as see what Remy idea of it all.
Prefer video clip? You can check out our video clip testimonial also!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was rather amazing!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in icy blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cool that they burned my fingers a little– don’t be foolish like me, put on some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was securely stored in the freezer (we did have to make some considerable space for his consumes– just a great reason to round off the ice cream), I read through the material that came with the Ollie shipment.
I understand this is a small thing, however I absolutely love the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s cute and also– I have to claim– truly, truly helpful. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I needed to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain whatever secured and sanitary in the fridge.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a excellent fit for the fresh food packs, making it simple to stand out a half-pack in the container and whip it out for dinner.
It’s additionally worth keeping in mind that the food loads themselves are actually well designed. The plastic tabs are easy to open as well as the top sheet of plastic slides right off, making it actually very easy to scoop out the food.
The packets likewise have a little bit of a lip on the top which took care of to keep my counter quite darn clean– I hardly ever had a roaming piece of food make a mess. Much easier clean-up is constantly valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any kind of dog food button for that issue), it’s essential to make the shift slowly. Switching your dog’s diet plan from one sort of food to an additional without any steady change is a recipe for an indigestion.
This is part of the factor I always question folks that declare that a specific brand name of dog food offered their dog looseness of the bowels, as it could pertain to not appropriately migrating your dog to a new food, instead of being completely the food’s mistake.
Anyhow, as advised, we started out offering Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for two days, then changed to 1/2 and also 1/2 for another number of days, before lastly switching entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy most definitely enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! In fact, he could have liked it a little too much.
I normally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has never ever made any kind of sort of response from Remy in the past. He generally just socializes or rests up until I call him over for dinner.
After changing to Ollie, Remy started to get extremely impatient at around 5:00 pm, whimpering at me to feed him. It was tough to stand firm and also make him wait!
His modification in perspective absolutely seems to suggest that he’s a huge fan. That, and also the copious amounts of drool he would give as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Due to the fact that Remy absolutely likes eating his dinner out of challenge playthings, I was originally a little anxious concerning switching to fresh dog food.
Usually we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also allow him have at it– he has so much enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Considering that fresh food is wet and also sticky , a lot of our favored kibble-dispensing challenge toys were out when feeding with Ollie. However, I just chose to start utilizing extra LickiMats and stuffed Kongs and it worked out great.
LickiMats are a quite remarkable tool to make use of together with fresh food– pressing the food into a LickiMat will take your dog considerably even more time to complete it, as well as the licking motion is very comforting for distressed puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a reward, attempt freezing the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that must maintain even ultra-hungry pets inhabited for at least 30 minutes or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
— after attempting Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the results?
Several proprietors have actually testified to discovering a shinier coat, reduced itching because of allergies, enhanced power and– in many cases– also some behavioral enhancements, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
However what concerning me– did I see any kind of sort of modification in Remy? I did see a few big adjustments worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the major things I noticed after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller, greener, and also a lot less stinky– all general indicators of improved health and wellness.
2. Reduced Itching & Allergies
An additional point I didn’t immediately notice until switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie absolutely lowered Remy’s itchiness.
Remy has been an scratchy child for quite a while now, so I’ve gotten rather familiar with his licking as well as scratching . When I switched over Remy to Ollie, I really did not make any type of certain note or observations concerning his irritation.
When switching off of Ollie and also back to his initial kibble, I rapidly understood Remy was itching and damaging much even more than he did in the past.
Considering that he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot more, suggesting that he most likely has some allergy issues that Ollie had been aiding with. This indicates I’ll most likely end up making the switch back to Ollie eventually, or– at the very least– will experiment with various other sort of foods that can aid Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you may have visualized, Ollie isn’t exactly economical.
The exact price of your Ollie delivery will certainly rely on the size and also requirements of your dog, yet Ollie prices roughly anywhere from about $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, and also up to $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
This might be outside of numerous pet parents’ budget plans.
— it is worth taking into consideration some of the various other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet when reviewing price vs worth.
For one, totally free distribution means time and effort saved given that you will not require to consistently go to PetSmart and also haul around huge bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food lasting could also suggest less journeys to the vet’s workplace, saving serious cash money over time and potentially prolonging your pooch’s life expectancy.
Don’t neglect– Our viewers can obtain 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will certainly last long-lasting, it certainly makes the idea of a minimum of trying and also experimenting with fresh dog food a lot more possible, also for limited spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Allow’s sum up the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, top notch food
- Better for digestion + might alleviate some health issues and also allergic reaction issues
- Smaller sized, firmer, much less odorous poops
- Does not need cautious dealing with like raw food does, while still offering several of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packages for added benefit and also to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for utilizing together with Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Perk] Includes lovable recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it involves comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a long-lasting food choice
- Not suitable with most challenge toys
- Somewhat more work than feeding kibble (although about the very same amount of effort as feeding damp canned dog food).
- Not very mobile– it’s definitely not as practical as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not terrific for training job– if you usually utilize your dog’s food as a training benefit, wet fresh food simply does not work also.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you wish to offer your dog fantastic grub, most definitely provide Ollie a shot.
It’s a very premium fresh food with an impressive component listing. While Ollie is a great choice for any dog, owners of dogs that are particular eaters, have sensitive bellies, or have suspicious poops will particularly benefit from trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s certainly a minimum of worth assessing and attempting on your own if the benefits deserve the cost. While I didn’t see any type of amazing adjustments in Remy, his poop improvement were fantastic, he was crazy about the food, and it appears like the food may have aided with his allergies.
When your dog provides you those big pup dog eyes begging for even more of the fresh stuff, beware– you may have a difficult time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately cooked with very little handling to maintain nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing depends upon the dimension of your dog (bigger pet dogs call for ore food, so are much more pricey to feed).
Typically, Ollie costs anywhere from around $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, as well as as much as $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
Don’t forget, you can likewise obtain fantastic discounts on your first order of Ollie with some of the offers stated in this short article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium active ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food additionally boasts remarkable protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the remarks listed below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing secured and also hygienic in the fridge.
Includes charming multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium active ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie?