Today we’re assessing the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to assist YOU decide– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution service that offers personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They supply a number of vet-designed dishes featuring USA-sourced poultry, turkey, beef, or lamb .
- Many owners locate that changing to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier coats, fewer allergic reactions, even more energy, and much better total health and wellness for their pets.
- Unique price cut for our readers– get 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand name that supplies direct delivery food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s recipes are developed to focus on top quality and quality, with minimally-processed foods including large quantities of actual animal protein and also organ meats, along with fruits, veggies, and added superfoods to profit canine health and wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can provide even more nutrients to pet dogs than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s difficult to state for sure whether fresh dog food is naturally ” much better”, but it does appear that lots of canines that have actually previously suffered some belly problems or allergic reactions do far better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple things worth keeping in mind concerning Ollie’s ingredient checklist:
- Actual meat is the leading component, complied with by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 active ingredients as entire meats and also body organ meats causes a protein-packed composition, with dishes ranging from 35%– 44% protein (with a dry issue evaluation).
- Recipes include lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All recipes are made by veterinarians.
- No fillers like wheat, soy, or corn .
- No man-made tastes, chemicals, or spin-offs.
- Recipes are minimally processed and human-grade– you can consume it, if you wanted to!
For those who are nervous about the FDA’s alert of a unclear connection between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive recipe; their hen recipe includes a healthy and balanced dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as various other yummy components.
Ollie uses four recipes that proprietors can pick from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with dry matter evaluation
- Hen: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with dry matter analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with completely dry issue evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s enter my individual experience with Ollie and also see what Remy thought of everything.
Prefer video clip? You can check out our video clip review as well!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was fairly amazing!
Remy’s fresh food got here in icy blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so chilly that they melted my fingers a little– don’t be dumb like me, use some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was securely packed away in the freezer (we did need to make some considerable room for his consumes– simply a great justification to round off the ice cream), I review the product that included the Ollie shipment.
I recognize this is a small thing, but I absolutely love the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s cute and also– I need to claim– really, actually valuable. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I needed to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain whatever secured as well as sanitary in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a perfect fit for the fresh food packs, making it simple to pop a half-pack in the container and whip it out for supper.
It’s also worth keeping in mind that the food packs themselves are truly well developed. The plastic tabs are easy to open and also the leading sheet of plastic slides right off, making it really simple to scoop out the food.
The packets likewise have a bit of a lip on the top which managed to maintain my counter quite darn tidy– I hardly ever had a roaming piece of food mistake. Much easier clean-up is always valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any dog food switch for that matter), it’s important to make the transition gradually. Changing your dog’s diet from one type of food to one more without any gradual transition is a dish for an indigestion.
This becomes part of the factor I constantly question folks who declare that a certain brand name of dog food offered their dog looseness of the bowels, as it might have to do with not correctly migrating your dog to a brand-new food, as opposed to being completely the food’s mistake.
Anyway, as instructed, we began giving Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for 2 days, after that switched over to 1/2 and also 1/2 for one more number of days, before finally switching over completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy most definitely enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! He may have liked it a little as well a lot.
I usually feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has actually never earned any kind of sort of reaction from Remy in the past. He usually simply hangs out or rests up until I call him over for dinner.
After changing to Ollie, Remy began to get extremely impatient at around 5:00 pm, grumbling at me to feed him. It was difficult to persevere and also make him wait!
His modification in attitude certainly seems to indicate that he’s a huge fan. That, and also the large quantities of drool he would certainly give as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was at first a little anxious regarding switching to fresh dog food due to the fact that Remy absolutely likes eating his dinner out of problem playthings.
Normally we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also allow him have at it– he has so much enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Because fresh food is damp as well as sticky , many of our favorite kibble-dispensing puzzle toys were out when feeding with Ollie. I simply decided to start using much more LickiMats and also packed Kongs and also it worked out terrific.
LickiMats are a rather incredible tool to utilize in conjunction with fresh food– pushing the food into a LickiMat will take your dog considerably more time to complete it, and also the licking movement is extremely comforting for distressed puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a reward, attempt freezing the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that should keep also ultra-hungry dogs occupied for at least 30 minutes or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
— after attempting Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the results?
Numerous owners have actually born witness seeing a shinier coat, minimized itching as a result of allergic reactions, boosted power and– in many cases– even some behavior enhancements, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
What about me– did I see any type of kind of change in Remy? I did discover a few big changes worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the significant points I discovered after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller, greener, and a lot less foul-smelling– all basic indications of enhanced health and wellness.
2. Lowered Itching & Allergies
An additional point I didn’t immediately notice until switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie most definitely minimized Remy’s itchiness.
Remy has actually been an scratchy young boy for quite a while now, so I’ve gotten pretty familiar with his damaging and also licking . When I switched over Remy to Ollie, I really did not make any certain note or observations regarding his itchiness.
When switching over off of Ollie as well as back to his initial kibble, I rapidly recognized Remy was itching as well as scraping a lot more than he did in the past.
Considering that he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot extra, suggesting that he probably has some allergic reaction issues that Ollie had actually been aiding with. This means I’ll most likely end up making the button back to Ollie eventually, or– at the minimum– will try out other kinds of foods that can aid Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have envisioned, Ollie isn’t specifically inexpensive.
The specific price of your Ollie delivery will certainly depend upon the dimension and also needs of your dog, but Ollie costs about anywhere from around $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, as well as up to $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
This may be outdoors of many pet moms and dads’ budget plans.
Nonetheless– it deserves considering several of the other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when assessing cost vs value.
For one, complimentary distribution means time and also effort saved since you will not require to routinely visit PetSmart and also haul around huge bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-term might also imply less journeys to the veterinarian’s workplace, saving severe money with time and potentially extending your pooch’s life-span.
Don’t fail to remember– Our viewers can get 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will certainly last long-term, it certainly makes the idea of at least attempting and experimenting with fresh dog food far more possible, also for limited budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Allow’s summarize the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, premium food
- Better for food digestion + may reduce some health concerns and also allergy issues
- Smaller, firmer, much less fragrant poops
- Does not require mindful handling like raw food does, while still giving a few of the same
- Pre-portioned packets for included benefit as well as to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for using along with Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Bonus offer] Consists of adorable reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a long-term food option
- Not suitable with most problem playthings
- A little a lot more job than feeding kibble (although about the very same amount of initiative as feeding wet tinned dog food).
- Not very mobile– it’s definitely not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not great for training job– if you usually utilize your dog’s food as a training incentive, damp fresh food simply does not function also.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Absolutely offer Ollie a shot if you desire to use your dog fantastic grub.
It’s a extremely premium fresh food with an outstanding active ingredient list. While Ollie is a excellent alternative for any dog, proprietors of pet dogs who are picky eaters, have sensitive bellies, or have suspicious poops will particularly benefit from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s absolutely at the very least worth examining and also trying for yourself if the advantages are worth the cost. While I really did not see any miraculous changes in Remy, his poop improvement were great, he loved the food, and also it appears like the food may have aided with his allergic reactions.
When your dog gives you those huge puppy dog eyes pleading for even more of the fresh things, be cautious– you may have a challenging time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately prepared with marginal handling to keep nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates depends on the dimension of your dog (bigger dogs call for ore food, so are much more costly to feed).
Generally, Ollie costs anywhere from around $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, and approximately $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
But don’t fail to remember, you can also obtain amazing discount rates on your first order of Ollie with some of the deals discussed in this write-up.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium components and also fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food also boasts excellent healthy protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the remarks listed below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything sealed as well as hygienic in the fridge.
Includes lovable multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs active ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie?