Does Ollie Dog Food Delivery To Canada
Today we’re examining the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to help YOU determine– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment solution that provides personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They offer several vet-designed dishes featuring USA-sourced poultry, beef, turkey, or lamb .
- Several owners discover that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier layers, less allergic reactions, more power, as well as much better total wellness for their pet dogs.
- Unique price cut for our visitors– get 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand that supplies direct shipment food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s dishes are designed to concentrate on quality and quality, with minimally-processed foods consisting of large amounts of real animal healthy protein as well as body organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, as well as included superfoods to profit canine health and wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can give even more nutrients to pet dogs than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s tough to claim for sure whether fresh dog food is inherently ” far better”, yet it does seem that numerous dogs that have formerly experienced some belly issues or allergic reactions do better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair points worth keeping in mind about Ollie’s ingredient checklist:
- Actual meat is the primary active ingredient, adhered to by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 ingredients as whole meats as well as body organ meats results in a protein-packed make-up, with recipes ranging from 35%– 44% protein (with a dry matter evaluation).
- Recipes include lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All dishes are developed by veterinarians.
- No fillers like wheat, corn, or soy .
- No fabricated flavors, chemicals, or spin-offs.
- Dishes are minimally processed as well as human-grade– you could consume it, if you wished to!
For those who fidget about the FDA’s alert of a unclear correlation in between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive dish; their poultry recipe has a healthy and balanced dosage of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and various other delicious ingredients.
Ollie supplies 4 recipes that proprietors can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with dry issue analysis
- Poultry: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with dry issue evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with dry matter analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with completely dry matter evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s get into my individual experience with Ollie and see what Remy thought of it all.
Prefer video? You can check out our video clip testimonial as well!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was quite exciting!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in frozen blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cold that they shed my fingers a little– don’t be stupid like me, wear some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was securely packed away in the fridge freezer (we did have to make some considerable room for his eats– simply a good reason to round off the gelato), I read through the product that included the Ollie delivery.
I know this is a small thing, yet I absolutely enjoy the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s cute and– I need to claim– really, truly helpful. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little a discomfort. I needed to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything secured and sanitary in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a perfect suitable for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to pop a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for dinner.
It’s additionally worth noting that the food loads themselves are truly well designed. The plastic tabs are very easy to open and also the top sheet of plastic slides right off, making it actually simple to scoop out the food.
The packets additionally have a bit of a lip on the top which managed to maintain my counter pretty darn clean– I seldom had a stray piece of food mistake. Much easier cleaning is constantly valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any kind of dog food switch for that matter), it’s essential to make the change gradually. Switching your dog’s diet plan from one sort of food to one more with no steady transition is a dish for an upset stomach.
This becomes part of the reason I always question folks that declare that a particular brand name of dog food provided their dog looseness of the bowels, as it might pertain to not effectively migrating your dog to a new food, as opposed to being completely the food’s fault.
Anyhow, as advised, we began providing Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for 2 days, after that changed to 1/2 and 1/2 for an additional number of days, prior to ultimately switching completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy most definitely enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! In fact, he may have liked it a little too much.
I normally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has actually never ever earned any kind of type of response from Remy in the past. He normally simply hangs around or rests until I call him over for dinner.
Yet, after switching to Ollie, Remy started to obtain really antsy at around 5:00 pm, yawping at me to feed him. It was tough to stand firm and make him wait!
His modification in mindset absolutely seems to show that he’s a huge fan. That, as well as the copious quantities of drool he would give as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was originally a little worried regarding switching over to fresh dog food due to the fact that Remy absolutely likes consuming his dinner out of problem toys.
Generally we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as allow him have at it– he has so much fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Considering that fresh food is damp as well as sticky , much of our preferred kibble-dispensing puzzle playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. Nevertheless, I just chose to begin using more LickiMats and packed Kongs and it worked out excellent.
LickiMats are a quite outstanding device to utilize combined with fresh food– pushing the food into a LickiMat will take your dog considerably more time to complete it, as well as the licking activity is really soothing for distressed puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a benefit, attempt freezing the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that need to keep also ultra-hungry dogs inhabited for at least 30 mins or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
— after trying Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the outcomes?
Several owners have actually demonstrated discovering a shinier coat, decreased itching because of allergic reactions, improved power as well as– sometimes– also some behavioral improvements, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
What concerning me– did I notice any kind of kind of modification in Remy? I did notice a few large adjustments worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the significant things I discovered after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller, greener, and also a lot less stinky– all general indicators of enhanced health and wellness.
2. Reduced Itching & Allergies
An additional thing I really did not immediately discover until changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie certainly minimized Remy’s irritation.
Remy has been an itchy child for quite a while currently, so I’ve obtained rather accustomed to his licking and also scraping . I really did not make any type of specific note or observations regarding his irritation when I changed Remy to Ollie.
Yet, when switching off of Ollie as well as back to his initial kibble, I rapidly understood Remy was itching and damaging a lot more than he did previously.
Considering that he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot more, suggesting that he possibly has some allergy concerns that Ollie had been assisting with. This indicates I’ll probably end up making the button back to Ollie eventually, or– at the minimum– will experiment with other sort of foods that can help Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you may have envisioned, Ollie isn’t precisely cheap.
The specific cost of your Ollie delivery will depend on the size and also demands of your dog, yet Ollie expenses about anywhere from approximately $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, and approximately $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
Regrettably, this might be beyond lots of pet parents’ budget plans.
— it is worth considering some of the various other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet regimen when examining cost vs value.
For one, free delivery means time as well as initiative saved considering that you will not require to regularly check out PetSmart as well as lug around huge bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food lasting might additionally suggest less journeys to the vet’s office, saving major cash money in time as well as potentially prolonging your pooch’s lifespan.
Do not fail to remember– Our readers can get 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will certainly last long-lasting, it definitely makes the suggestion of at least trying out and attempting with fresh dog food a lot more possible, even for limited spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Let’s summarize the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-grade food
- Better for digestion + might relieve some wellness problems and allergic reaction concerns
- Smaller sized, stronger, much less odorous poops
- Does not call for careful handling like raw food does, while still providing several of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packets for included convenience as well as to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for using together with LickiMats or kongs
- [ Perk] Includes charming multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it involves contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a long-term food option
- Not suitable with most problem toys
- Somewhat a lot more work than feeding kibble (although about the same amount of effort as feeding wet tinned dog food).
- Not extremely mobile– it’s definitely not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not terrific for training job– if you normally use your dog’s food as a training incentive, wet fresh food simply does not work.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Certainly provide Ollie a shot if you want to provide your dog terrific grub.
It’s a extremely high-grade fresh food with an excellent active ingredient listing. While Ollie is a terrific choice for any kind of dog, proprietors of dogs who are particular eaters, have delicate bellies, or have questionable poops will especially benefit from trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s absolutely at least worth attempting and reviewing for yourself if the benefits deserve the price. While I didn’t see any kind of miraculous modifications in Remy, his poop enhancement were excellent, he adored the food, and also it seems like the food may have assisted with his allergic reactions.
Beware– you might have a bumpy ride going back to kibble when your dog provides you those big puppy dog eyes begging for more of the fresh things!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately prepared with very little handling to preserve nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates relies on the size of your dog ( larger canines require ore food, so are a lot more costly to feed).
Generally, Ollie costs anywhere from roughly $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, and also as much as $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
But do not neglect, you can likewise obtain superb discount rates on your first order of Ollie with several of the bargains discussed in this write-up.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food also flaunts excellent healthy protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the remarks listed below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing secured and sanitary in the fridge.
Consists of charming reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium active ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie?