Today we’re evaluating the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to aid YOU choose– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution solution that gives personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They supply numerous vet-designed recipes including USA-sourced chicken, beef, turkey, or lamb .
- Several proprietors locate that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier coats, less allergies, even more energy, as well as better general wellness for their pets.
- Special price cut for our readers– get 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand that supplies direct delivery food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s recipes are created to concentrate on high quality and quality, with minimally-processed foods consisting of huge amounts of real animal protein and organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, as well as included superfoods to benefit canine health.
The idea is that fresh foods can offer more nutrients to canines than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s hard to claim for sure whether fresh dog food is naturally “better”, yet it does appear that numerous pets that have actually previously experienced some belly concerns or allergic reactions do much better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair points worth keeping in mind about Ollie’s component checklist:
- Genuine meat is the primary active ingredient, complied with by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 ingredients as entire meats and organ meats results in a protein-packed composition, with recipes varying from 35%– 44% protein (with a completely dry matter evaluation).
- Dishes include tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All recipes are designed by veterinarians.
- No fillers like soy, wheat, or corn .
- No man-made flavors, chemicals, or by-products.
- Dishes are minimally processed and human-grade– you could consume it, if you intended to!
For those who fidget concerning the FDA’s alert of a unknown correlation in between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive recipe; their chicken recipe includes a healthy and balanced dosage of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and also various other delicious components.
Ollie supplies 4 dishes that owners can pick from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Hen: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with dry issue analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with completely dry matter evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s enter my individual experience with Ollie and see what Remy thought of it all.
Prefer video? You can have a look at our video clip testimonial as well!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was rather exciting!
Remy’s fresh food got here in icy blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so chilly that they burned my fingers a little– don’t be dumb like me, use some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was securely packed away in the freezer (we did need to make some considerable room for his consumes– just a excellent reason to finish off the gelato), I check out the material that came with the Ollie shipment.
I know this is a small thing, but I definitely love the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s charming and– I have to claim– really, actually beneficial. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing secured and sanitary in the fridge.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a best suitable for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to stand out a half-pack in the container and whip it out for dinner.
It’s likewise worth keeping in mind that the food loads themselves are truly well designed. The plastic tabs are very easy to open as well as the leading sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it truly easy to dig the food.
The packets additionally have a little a lip on the top which took care of to maintain my counter rather darn clean– I rarely had a roaming piece of food mistake. Less complicated clean-up is constantly appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any dog food button for that matter), it’s essential to make the change gradually. Changing your dog’s diet from one kind of food to one more with no steady shift is a recipe for an indigestion.
This is part of the reason I always examine people that declare that a specific brand of dog food gave their dog looseness of the bowels, as it can relate to not appropriately migrating your dog to a brand-new food, as opposed to being totally the food’s fault.
Anyhow, as instructed, we started giving Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for two days, after that switched to 1/2 and 1/2 for one more number of days, before finally changing entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy absolutely loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! He may have liked it a little as well a lot.
I typically feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has actually never ever gained any kind of kind of reaction from Remy in the past. He normally just hangs out or sleeps up until I call him over for dinner.
After switching over to Ollie, Remy started to obtain very restless at around 5:00 pm, grumbling at me to feed him. It was tough to stand firm as well as make him wait!
His adjustment in perspective certainly seems to suggest that he’s a huge follower. That, and also the massive amounts of drool he would certainly give as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Since Remy absolutely enjoys consuming his supper out of problem toys, I was initially a little worried concerning changing to fresh dog food.
Generally we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as allow him have at it– he has a lot fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Considering that fresh food is wet and also sticky , many of our favored kibble-dispensing challenge playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. Nonetheless, I simply chose to start using more LickiMats as well as stuffed Kongs and it exercised great.
LickiMats are a pretty outstanding device to make use of combined with fresh food– pressing the food right into a LickiMat will take your dog substantially more time to complete it, and also the licking motion is very relaxing for distressed puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a benefit, attempt cold the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that need to keep also ultra-hungry pet dogs occupied for a minimum of 30 minutes or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
— after attempting Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the outcomes?
Numerous proprietors have actually born witness noticing a shinier coat, reduced itching as a result of allergic reactions, enhanced power and also– sometimes– even some behavior enhancements, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
What regarding me– did I discover any kind of modification in Remy? I did observe a few large modifications worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the significant points I discovered after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller, greener, and also a lot less stinky– all general indicators of improved wellness.
2. Reduced Itching & Allergies
Another thing I didn’t quickly see until changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie most definitely reduced Remy’s itching.
Remy has actually been an scratchy child for a long time now, so I’ve obtained pretty accustomed to his scraping as well as licking . When I changed Remy to Ollie, I really did not make any specific note or observations regarding his irritation.
When switching over off of Ollie as well as back to his initial kibble, I swiftly understood Remy was itching and scraping a lot even more than he did previously.
Given that he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot a lot more, indicating that he possibly has some allergic reaction problems that Ollie had actually been helping with. This indicates I’ll probably end up making the switch back to Ollie at some time, or– at least– will certainly trying out various other sort of foods that can assist Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have thought of, Ollie isn’t exactly low-cost.
The precise cost of your Ollie delivery will depend on the dimension and requirements of your dog, yet Ollie expenses approximately anywhere from approximately $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, and up to $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
This might be outside of numerous pet parents’ spending plans.
Nevertheless– it is worth thinking about a few of the other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet when reviewing expense vs worth.
For one, totally free distribution means time and also initiative conserved considering that you will not need to on a regular basis see PetSmart and also haul around large bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food lasting could likewise imply less journeys to the veterinarian’s workplace, conserving major cash money in time and also possibly expanding your pooch’s lifespan.
Do not fail to remember– Our readers can get 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will certainly last long-term, it definitely makes the suggestion of at the very least experimenting as well as trying with fresh dog food a lot more achievable, also for tight budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Let’s sum up the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-grade food
- Better for food digestion + might minimize some wellness concerns and also allergy issues
- Smaller sized, stronger, much less odorous poops
- Does not call for cautious handling like raw food does, while still offering some of the very same
- Pre-portioned packages for added convenience and also to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for utilizing along with Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Benefit] Includes lovable recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it concerns comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a long-lasting food alternative
- Not suitable with most problem playthings
- A little extra job than feeding kibble (although concerning the same quantity of initiative as feeding damp tinned dog food).
- Not really portable– it’s absolutely not as practical as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not fantastic for training job– if you generally utilize your dog’s food as a training reward, wet fresh food simply doesn’t work too.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Certainly provide Ollie a try if you want to offer your dog terrific grub.
It’s a extremely premium fresh food with an excellent active ingredient listing. While Ollie is a fantastic option for any type of dog, proprietors of pets that are fussy eaters, have sensitive stomachs, or have doubtful poops will particularly take advantage of attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s certainly a minimum of worth attempting as well as examining for yourself if the benefits are worth the price. While I really did not see any kind of miraculous modifications in Remy, his poop renovation were fantastic, he loved the food, and it seems like the food might have aided with his allergies.
When your dog offers you those big puppy dog eyes pleading for even more of the fresh things, beware– you may have a hard time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently cooked with minimal processing to keep nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates relies on the dimension of your dog (bigger pets require ore food, so are a lot more expensive to feed).
Generally, Ollie sets you back anywhere from roughly $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, and also approximately $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
Yet don’t forget, you can additionally obtain wonderful discount rates on your first order of Ollie with several of the offers pointed out in this article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food additionally flaunts excellent healthy protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the remarks below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain whatever sealed as well as hygienic in the fridge.
Consists of charming reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie?