Today we’re examining the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to aid YOU make a decision– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution service that offers customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They supply numerous vet-designed dishes featuring USA-sourced chicken, beef, lamb, or turkey .
- Lots of proprietors locate that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier coats, less allergies, even more energy, and also far better total wellness for their canines.
- Unique discount rate for our visitors– obtain 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand name that offers straight delivery food on a subscription basis.
Ollie’s dishes are designed to concentrate on quality and quality, with minimally-processed foods containing big quantities of actual animal protein as well as body organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, and also included superfoods to benefit canine health.
The belief is that fresh foods can provide more nutrients to dogs than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s tough to state without a doubt whether fresh dog food is naturally “better”, yet it does appear that numerous pets that have previously experienced some tummy concerns or allergic reactions do much better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple things worth keeping in mind about Ollie’s ingredient list:
- Real meat is the number one active ingredient, followed by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 active ingredients as entire meats as well as organ meats causes a protein-packed composition, with dishes ranging from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a dry matter evaluation).
- Dishes consist of lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All recipes are created by veterinarians.
- No fillers like soy, wheat, or corn .
- No artificial tastes, chemicals, or spin-offs.
- Dishes are minimally processed and human-grade– you might eat it, if you wished to!
For those that fidget concerning the FDA’s alert of a undetermined correlation in between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive dish; their hen dish consists of a healthy and balanced dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and other yummy ingredients.
Ollie provides four recipes that owners can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Chicken: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with dry issue evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with completely dry issue analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s enter my individual experience with Ollie as well as see what Remy thought of everything.
Prefer video clip? You can check out our video testimonial too!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food got here, it was fairly interesting!
Remy’s fresh food got here in frozen blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so chilly that they shed my fingers a little– do not be stupid like me, use some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was safely packed away in the fridge freezer (we did need to make some substantial area for his eats– just a good reason to round off the ice cream), I read through the product that included the Ollie delivery.
I understand this is a small thing, but I definitely enjoy the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s charming and also– I have to say– actually, truly beneficial. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little a pain. I needed to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything secured and also hygienic in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a perfect suitable for the fresh food packs, making it easy to stand out a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for supper.
It’s likewise worth keeping in mind that the food packs themselves are truly well created. The plastic tabs are easy to open up and the top sheet of plastic slides right off, making it actually very easy to dig the food.
The packages also have a little a lip on the top which handled to maintain my counter quite darn tidy– I hardly ever had a roaming item of food mistake. Easier cleanup is always valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any dog food button for that issue), it’s crucial to make the transition gradually. Changing your dog’s diet plan from one kind of food to another with no progressive transition is a dish for an indigestion.
This is part of the factor I always examine people who claim that a certain brand of dog food provided their dog diarrhea, as it can relate to not effectively migrating your dog to a brand-new food, rather than being completely the food’s mistake.
Anyway, as instructed, we began providing Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his regular kibble. We did that for two days, then switched over to 1/2 and also 1/2 for one more number of days, before ultimately switching over totally to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy definitely liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! As a matter of fact, he could have liked it a little too much.
I typically feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has actually never ever made any kind of type of response from Remy in the past. He generally just hangs out or rests till I call him over for dinner.
After switching to Ollie, Remy started to obtain really impatient at around 5:00 pm, whimpering at me to feed him. It was tough to persevere and make him wait!
His change in attitude certainly seems to suggest that he’s a large fan. That, and the copious quantities of drool he would certainly give as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Since Remy absolutely likes eating his supper out of problem playthings, I was originally a little nervous regarding switching over to fresh dog food.
Normally we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also let him have at it– he has so much fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Because fresh food is sticky as well as damp , a lot of our favorite kibble-dispensing puzzle playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. I just determined to start utilizing much more LickiMats and also packed Kongs as well as it functioned out wonderful.
LickiMats are a quite remarkable device to make use of in conjunction with fresh food– pushing the food right into a LickiMat will take your dog considerably even more time to complete it, and the licking movement is extremely soothing for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a incentive, attempt cold the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that must keep also ultra-hungry pets occupied for at least 30 mins or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
— after attempting Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the outcomes?
Many owners have actually born witness noticing a shinier coat, minimized itching due to allergic reactions, enhanced power and– in many cases– even some behavioral renovations, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
What about me– did I discover any kind of kind of modification in Remy? I did see a couple of large changes worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the significant things I discovered after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller, greener, and also a lot less stinky– all general signs of better health and wellness.
2. Lowered Itching & Allergies
Another thing I really did not right away see until switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie definitely reduced Remy’s itching.
Remy has actually been an scratchy child for a long time now, so I’ve gotten pretty familiar with his licking and scratching . When I switched Remy to Ollie, I really did not make any kind of specific note or observations concerning his itching.
But, when switching off of Ollie as well as back to his initial kibble, I rapidly realized Remy was itching and also scraping a lot more than he did previously.
Because he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot more, showing that he most likely has some allergic reaction problems that Ollie had been assisting with. This indicates I’ll probably end up making the switch back to Ollie eventually, or– at least– will certainly trying out other sort of foods that can help Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have envisioned, Ollie isn’t exactly economical.
The specific rate of your Ollie shipment will rely on the size and also demands of your dog, yet Ollie prices approximately anywhere from approximately $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as as much as $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
However, this might be outside of several pet parents’ budgets.
— it is worth thinking about some of the various other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet when assessing cost vs value.
For one, complimentary distribution means time and also effort saved considering that you will not require to on a regular basis check out PetSmart and also lug around large bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-term can also imply less journeys to the veterinarian’s office, conserving major money in time and also potentially prolonging your pooch’s life expectancy.
Do not fail to remember– Our readers can obtain 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will certainly last long-term, it absolutely makes the suggestion of at the very least attempting as well as experimenting with fresh dog food far more achievable, also for tight budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Allow’s sum up the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, premium food
- Much better for food digestion + might reduce some wellness problems and allergic reaction problems
- Smaller, firmer, less scent-laden poops
- Does not require careful handling like raw food does, while still supplying several of the same
- Pre-portioned packages for included convenience as well as to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for making use of along with LickiMats or kongs
- [ Reward] Consists of charming recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a lasting food choice
- Not compatible with the majority of puzzle toys
- Slightly extra work than feeding kibble (although about the exact same quantity of initiative as feeding damp tinned dog food).
- Not really mobile– it’s absolutely not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not great for training job– if you generally use your dog’s food as a training benefit, damp fresh food just doesn’t function also.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you wish to supply your dog terrific grub, absolutely give Ollie a try.
It’s a really premium fresh food with an excellent ingredient list. While Ollie is a fantastic choice for any kind of dog, proprietors of dogs that are picky eaters, have delicate tummies, or have doubtful poops will especially gain from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s absolutely at the very least worth attempting and also examining for yourself if the advantages deserve the price. While I didn’t see any incredible changes in Remy, his poop improvement were terrific, he was crazy about the food, and it feels like the food may have helped with his allergies.
When your dog gives you those large pup dog eyes asking for more of the fresh things, be cautious– you might have a hard time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently prepared with marginal handling to keep nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates depends on the dimension of your dog ( larger dogs call for ore food, so are more pricey to feed).
Normally, Ollie costs anywhere from around $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, and as much as $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
But don’t neglect, you can also obtain great discounts on your very first order of Ollie with some of the deals pointed out in this post.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food also flaunts outstanding healthy protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the comments below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything secured and also sanitary in the refrigerator.
Includes lovable recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs active ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie?