Today we’re evaluating the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to aid YOU choose– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery solution that offers customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They provide numerous vet-designed recipes featuring USA-sourced poultry, turkey, lamb, or beef .
- Lots of owners locate that changing to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier layers, less allergies, even more energy, and better total health for their canines.
- Special discount for our visitors– get 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand that offers straight distribution food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s recipes are developed to concentrate on quality as well as quality, with minimally-processed foods having big amounts of real pet healthy protein and also body organ meats, along with fruits, veggies, and added superfoods to profit canine wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can give more nutrients to dogs than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s tough to claim for sure whether fresh dog food is naturally “better”, yet it does seem that many dogs that have previously endured some stomach problems or allergies do better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair points worth noting about Ollie’s active ingredient checklist:
- Genuine meat is the primary component, complied with by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 components as entire meats and also organ meats results in a protein-packed composition, with dishes varying from 35%– 44% protein (with a completely dry issue analysis).
- Recipes include lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All dishes are developed by vets.
- No fillers like corn, wheat, or soy .
- No man-made flavors, preservatives, or byproducts.
- Dishes are minimally refined and also human-grade– you might consume it, if you wished to!
For those who are nervous concerning the FDA’s alert of a undetermined connection in between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive recipe; their poultry dish consists of a healthy and balanced dose of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and also other yummy components.
Ollie supplies four dishes that proprietors can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with dry issue analysis
- Hen: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with dry matter analysis
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with dry matter analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with dry matter analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s enter into my individual experience with Ollie and also see what Remy thought of it all.
Prefer video? You can check out our video clip evaluation as well!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was fairly interesting!
Remy’s fresh food got here in icy blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so chilly that they shed my fingers a little– do not be foolish like me, wear some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was securely packed away in the freezer (we did have to make some considerable area for his consumes– simply a excellent reason to finish off the gelato), I check out the product that included the Ollie delivery.
I understand this is a small thing, yet I definitely enjoy the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s cute as well as– I have to say– actually, actually useful. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little a discomfort. I needed to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever sealed and hygienic in the fridge.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a ideal suitable for the fresh food packs, making it easy to pop a half-pack in the container as well as whip it out for dinner.
It’s additionally worth keeping in mind that the food packs themselves are really well made. The plastic tabs are simple to open up as well as the leading sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it really very easy to dig the food.
The packages also have a little bit of a lip on the top which managed to keep my counter quite darn clean– I rarely had a stray item of food make a mess. Less complicated clean-up is constantly valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any type of dog food button for that matter), it’s important to make the change slowly. Switching your dog’s diet from one kind of food to another with no steady shift is a dish for an upset stomach.
This becomes part of the factor I always question people that declare that a specific brand name of dog food gave their dog diarrhea, as it could involve not appropriately migrating your dog to a new food, rather than being totally the food’s mistake.
Anyhow, as advised, we started out providing Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for 2 days, then switched to 1/2 and 1/2 for an additional number of days, prior to ultimately switching over entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy certainly enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! Actually, he may have liked it a little excessive.
I typically feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has actually never gained any kind of type of response from Remy in the past. He generally just socializes or sleeps up until I call him over for dinner.
But, after switching to Ollie, Remy started to get very restless at around 5:00 pm, yawping at me to feed him. It was tough to stand firm and also make him wait!
His change in perspective certainly seems to show that he’s a big fan. That, as well as the generous amounts of drool he would certainly dispense as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was at first a little worried regarding switching to fresh dog food because Remy definitely loves consuming his supper out of challenge toys.
Usually we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as allow him have at it– he has so much enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Since fresh food is sticky as well as wet , a number of our preferred kibble-dispensing challenge toys were out when feeding with Ollie. I just made a decision to begin utilizing a lot more LickiMats and packed Kongs and also it worked out fantastic.
LickiMats are a pretty outstanding tool to use along with fresh food– pressing the food into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog significantly more time to finish it, and also the licking activity is really relaxing for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus offer, try cold the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that must keep even ultra-hungry dogs occupied for a minimum of 30 minutes or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
So– after trying Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the results?
Many proprietors have actually born witness seeing a shinier coat, lowered itching due to allergies, enhanced energy as well as– in some cases– even some behavioral enhancements, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
What about me– did I discover any kind of kind of change in Remy? I did observe a couple of big changes worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the significant points I noticed after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller sized, greener, as well as much less smelly– all basic signs of enhanced health.
2. Reduced Itching & Allergies
An additional thing I really did not right away discover till switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie definitely minimized Remy’s irritation.
Remy has been an itchy boy for quite a while currently, so I’ve gotten rather familiar with his scraping and licking . When I switched Remy to Ollie, I didn’t make any particular note or monitorings concerning his irritation.
When switching over off of Ollie and also back to his initial kibble, I quickly recognized Remy was itching as well as scraping much even more than he did previously.
Given that he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal much more, showing that he probably has some allergy issues that Ollie had actually been assisting with. This suggests I’ll most likely wind up making the switch back to Ollie at some point, or– at the very least– will experiment with other type of foods that can aid Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have pictured, Ollie isn’t precisely low-cost.
The precise price of your Ollie delivery will certainly rely on the size and also requirements of your dog, but Ollie expenses about anywhere from roughly $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, and also as much as $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
However, this might be outside of many pet parents’ budgets.
Nevertheless– it is worth taking into consideration a few of the other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when examining expense vs value.
For one, cost-free shipment means time as well as effort conserved considering that you won’t require to consistently check out PetSmart as well as haul around large bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-term could also mean less trips to the veterinarian’s office, conserving serious cash over time as well as possibly extending your pooch’s life expectancy.
Don’t forget– Our viewers can get 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will last long-term, it definitely makes the concept of at least attempting and also trying out with fresh dog food much more achievable, even for tight spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Allow’s summarize the advantages and disadvantages of Ollie.
- Fresh, premium food
- Better for food digestion + might reduce some wellness concerns and also allergy issues
- Smaller sized, firmer, less scent-laden poops
- Does not call for cautious dealing with like raw food does, while still providing several of the very same
- Pre-portioned packets for added benefit and to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for making use of alongside Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Incentive] Includes charming recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it involves contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a long-term food alternative
- Not suitable with many challenge playthings
- Slightly more job than feeding kibble (although regarding the exact same quantity of initiative as feeding damp tinned dog food).
- Not extremely portable– it’s certainly not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not excellent for training job– if you usually use your dog’s food as a training incentive, damp fresh food simply does not function.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Definitely provide Ollie a shot if you want to offer your dog terrific grub.
It’s a very top quality fresh food with an impressive component list. While Ollie is a great choice for any kind of dog, proprietors of pet dogs who are choosy eaters, have delicate bellies, or have suspicious poops will particularly benefit from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s absolutely at least worth trying and evaluating for yourself if the benefits deserve the cost. While I didn’t see any remarkable adjustments in Remy, his poop improvement were fantastic, he adored the food, as well as it feels like the food may have assisted with his allergies.
When your dog offers you those large puppy dog eyes pleading for even more of the fresh stuff, be cautious– you could have a challenging time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately cooked with very little processing to preserve nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices depends on the size of your dog ( larger pet dogs require ore food, so are much more costly to feed).
Usually, Ollie costs anywhere from roughly $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, and also approximately $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
Don’t forget, you can also get great discounts on your first order of Ollie with some of the bargains stated in this write-up.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium active ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food also flaunts remarkable protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the remarks listed below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing sealed and sanitary in the refrigerator.
Includes lovable multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium components and also fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie?