Do You Serve Ollie Dog Food Cold
Today we’re examining the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to help YOU choose– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution solution that offers tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They use a number of vet-designed recipes including USA-sourced chicken, turkey, lamb, or beef .
- Several proprietors discover that changing to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier layers, fewer allergies, more power, and far better general health for their pet dogs.
- Special discount rate for our viewers– obtain 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand that gives straight shipment food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s dishes are created to concentrate on high quality and also freshness, with minimally-processed foods including large quantities of actual animal healthy protein as well as body organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, and also included superfoods to benefit canine wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can provide even more nutrients to dogs than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s tough to claim without a doubt whether fresh dog food is inherently “better”, but it does seem that lots of pets that have actually formerly endured some stomach issues or allergies do better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple points worth noting concerning Ollie’s ingredient checklist:
- Actual meat is the leading component, followed by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 components as whole meats and body organ meats causes a protein-packed structure, with recipes varying from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a dry issue analysis).
- Recipes consist of tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All recipes are developed by veterinarians.
- No fillers like wheat, soy, or corn .
- No artificial tastes, chemicals, or byproducts.
- Recipes are minimally processed and human-grade– you might eat it, if you wanted to!
For those who are nervous regarding the FDA’s alert of a obscure correlation in between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive dish; their chicken recipe includes a healthy dose of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as various other delicious active ingredients.
Ollie supplies 4 recipes that proprietors can pick from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with dry issue analysis
- Hen: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with completely dry issue evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s get involved in my personal experience with Ollie and see what Remy idea of all of it.
Prefer video clip? You can look into our video clip testimonial as well!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was fairly interesting!
Remy’s fresh food got here in icy blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cool that they burned my fingers a little– do not be dumb like me, use some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was safely packed away in the fridge freezer (we did have to make some significant space for his consumes– just a excellent justification to finish off the gelato), I check out the material that included the Ollie shipment.
I know this is a small thing, but I absolutely like the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s cute and– I need to say– truly, actually valuable. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever sealed as well as hygienic in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a perfect suitable for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to stand out a half-pack in the container and whip it out for dinner.
It’s additionally worth keeping in mind that the food loads themselves are truly well created. The plastic tabs are very easy to open and also the top sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it really easy to dig the food.
The packets additionally have a little bit of a lip on the top which took care of to keep my counter quite darn tidy– I rarely had a roaming item of food make a mess. Simpler cleanup is constantly appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any dog food button for that issue), it’s crucial to make the change slowly. Switching your dog’s diet plan from one type of food to one more with no steady transition is a recipe for an indigestion.
This becomes part of the factor I always examine folks that declare that a certain brand name of dog food provided their dog looseness of the bowels, as it can relate to not effectively moving your dog to a new food, as opposed to being completely the food’s mistake.
Anyway, as instructed, we started offering Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for 2 days, then switched to 1/2 and also 1/2 for one more couple of days, before lastly changing totally to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy absolutely liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! He may have liked it a little also much.
I typically feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This timetable has never earned any kind of type of response from Remy in the past. He usually just hangs out or rests till I call him over for supper.
Yet, after switching to Ollie, Remy began to obtain really antsy at around 5:00 pm, grumbling at me to feed him. It was difficult to stand firm and make him wait!
His modification in attitude absolutely seems to show that he’s a huge fan. That, as well as the large quantities of drool he would dispense as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was at first a little anxious regarding changing to fresh dog food due to the fact that Remy definitely loves consuming his supper out of problem playthings.
Typically we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and let him have at it– he has a lot enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Since fresh food is sticky and also wet , most of our preferred kibble-dispensing problem playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. Nevertheless, I simply made a decision to begin making use of a lot more LickiMats as well as packed Kongs as well as it worked out fantastic.
LickiMats are a rather outstanding device to make use of together with fresh food– pressing the food right into a LickiMat will take your dog substantially even more time to complete it, as well as the licking activity is very calming for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus, attempt freezing the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that need to keep even ultra-hungry canines occupied for at least 30 mins or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
So– after trying Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the results?
Numerous owners have testified to noticing a shinier coat, minimized itching because of allergies, boosted energy as well as– sometimes– even some behavioral improvements, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
What about me– did I observe any type of kind of adjustment in Remy? I did discover a couple of large adjustments worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the major things I noticed after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller sized, greener, and also much less stinky– all general indications of enhanced health.
2. Reduced Itching & Allergies
One more thing I didn’t quickly notice up until changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie absolutely minimized Remy’s itching.
Remy has been an itchy young boy for a long time currently, so I’ve gotten quite familiar with his damaging and licking . I really did not make any specific note or monitorings concerning his itching when I switched over Remy to Ollie.
When switching off of Ollie as well as back to his original kibble, I swiftly realized Remy was itching and also scratching much more than he did in the past.
Because he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot a lot more, indicating that he probably has some allergic reaction issues that Ollie had been aiding with. This suggests I’ll possibly end up making the switch back to Ollie eventually, or– at least– will certainly experiment with various other sort of foods that can assist Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have thought of, Ollie isn’t specifically cheap.
The precise price of your Ollie delivery will rely on the dimension and also requirements of your dog, yet Ollie expenses approximately anywhere from approximately $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, and also up to $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
Sadly, this may be beyond numerous pet parents’ budget plans.
Nevertheless– it is worth considering a few of the other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet when reviewing price vs value.
For one, totally free shipment means time as well as initiative saved since you won’t need to regularly visit PetSmart as well as carry around giant bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-lasting might additionally indicate less journeys to the veterinarian’s workplace, conserving significant cash in time and potentially extending your pooch’s life expectancy.
Do not neglect– Our visitors can get 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will last lasting, it absolutely makes the idea of at the very least experimenting and also trying with fresh dog food much more possible, even for limited budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Allow’s sum up the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-quality food
- Better for digestion + may alleviate some wellness issues and also allergic reaction problems
- Smaller, firmer, much less odorous poops
- Doesn’t need cautious dealing with like raw food does, while still offering a few of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packets for added ease as well as to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for using together with Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Perk] Includes adorable reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it concerns contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a long-term food alternative
- Not suitable with a lot of puzzle playthings
- A little extra work than feeding kibble (although about the exact same amount of effort as feeding damp canned dog food).
- Not really portable– it’s absolutely not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not terrific for training work– if you generally use your dog’s food as a training reward, wet fresh food simply doesn’t work too.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you want to use your dog great grub, definitely provide Ollie a try.
It’s a really high-grade fresh food with an outstanding ingredient list. While Ollie is a wonderful choice for any type of dog, proprietors of pet dogs that are choosy eaters, have sensitive bellies, or have questionable poops will particularly take advantage of trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s absolutely a minimum of worth attempting as well as reviewing for yourself if the advantages are worth the rate. While I really did not see any kind of miraculous changes in Remy, his poop renovation were wonderful, he adored the food, and it seems like the food might have assisted with his allergic reactions.
Beware– you may have a difficult time going back to kibble when your dog offers you those large pup dog eyes asking for even more of the fresh stuff!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully cooked with minimal processing to maintain nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing relies on the dimension of your dog (bigger dogs need ore food, so are much more pricey to feed).
Normally, Ollie costs anywhere from roughly $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as as much as $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
Do not fail to remember, you can additionally get great discount rates on your initial order of Ollie with some of the offers mentioned in this write-up.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food additionally flaunts outstanding healthy protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the comments listed below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing secured and also hygienic in the fridge.
Includes lovable multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs components and fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie?