Today we’re evaluating the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to aid YOU determine– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution solution that gives tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They use numerous vet-designed recipes featuring USA-sourced chicken, turkey, lamb, or beef .
- Numerous owners find that changing to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier coats, fewer allergic reactions, even more energy, and far better total wellness for their pets.
- Unique discount rate for our visitors– get 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand that provides direct distribution food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s recipes are designed to concentrate on top quality as well as quality, with minimally-processed foods including huge amounts of genuine animal healthy protein and body organ meats, along with fruits, veggies, as well as included superfoods to benefit canine health.
The idea is that fresh foods can offer even more nutrients to pet dogs than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s tough to say without a doubt whether fresh dog food is inherently “better”, yet it does seem that numerous canines that have actually previously experienced some stomach issues or allergic reactions do better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair things worth keeping in mind concerning Ollie’s ingredient list:
- Genuine meat is the number one component, complied with by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 active ingredients as entire meats and also organ meats leads to a protein-packed composition, with dishes ranging from 35%– 44% protein (with a dry matter analysis).
- Dishes consist of tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All recipes are created by vets.
- No fillers like corn, soy, or wheat .
- No artificial tastes, chemicals, or byproducts.
- Recipes are minimally processed and also human-grade– you could consume it, if you intended to!
For those that fidget concerning the FDA’s alert of a obscure connection between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive recipe; their chicken recipe includes a healthy dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as various other yummy active ingredients.
Ollie supplies four dishes that owners can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Chicken: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with dry matter analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s enter into my individual experience with Ollie as well as see what Remy idea of all of it.
Prefer video clip? You can look into our video clip review as well!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food got here, it was quite interesting!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in icy blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cool that they melted my fingers a little– do not be foolish like me, use some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was safely packed away in the fridge freezer (we did need to make some substantial space for his eats– simply a good excuse to finish off the ice cream), I review the material that included the Ollie delivery.
I know this is a small thing, but I definitely like the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s charming and– I have to state– actually, actually beneficial. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever sealed and sanitary in the fridge.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a best fit for the fresh food packs, making it easy to pop a half-pack in the container and whip it out for supper.
It’s also worth keeping in mind that the food loads themselves are truly well created. The plastic tabs are very easy to open and the top sheet of plastic slides right off, making it truly very easy to scoop out the food.
The packets also have a little a lip on the top which managed to keep my counter quite darn clean– I seldom had a roaming piece of food mistake. Easier cleanup is constantly appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any dog food button for that issue), it’s essential to make the shift gradually. Changing your dog’s diet regimen from one sort of food to one more without any gradual change is a recipe for an indigestion.
This belongs to the factor I constantly question folks that assert that a specific brand of dog food gave their dog diarrhea, as it could relate to not correctly migrating your dog to a new food, rather than being entirely the food’s mistake.
Anyway, as advised, we started offering Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for 2 days, then switched over to 1/2 and also 1/2 for an additional couple of days, before ultimately changing totally to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy definitely loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! In fact, he might have liked it a little too much.
I usually feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has actually never ever earned any type of type of response from Remy in the past. He normally simply socializes or rests up until I call him over for supper.
After changing to Ollie, Remy began to obtain very restless at around 5:00 pm, whimpering at me to feed him. It was tough to persevere as well as make him wait!
His modification in perspective absolutely seems to indicate that he’s a big follower. That, and also the copious quantities of drool he would give as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Since Remy absolutely enjoys consuming his dinner out of problem toys, I was initially a little worried concerning switching over to fresh dog food.
Typically we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as allow him have at it– he has so much enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Given that fresh food is sticky and also wet , much of our preferred kibble-dispensing puzzle playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. Nonetheless, I just determined to start using a lot more LickiMats as well as stuffed Kongs as well as it exercised fantastic.
LickiMats are a pretty amazing tool to use together with fresh food– pushing the food into a LickiMat will take your dog significantly even more time to finish it, as well as the licking movement is very relaxing for distressed puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus offer, attempt cold the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that need to maintain also ultra-hungry pets occupied for a minimum of 30 mins or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
So– after trying Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the outcomes?
Many proprietors have born witness seeing a shinier coat, reduced itching due to allergies, boosted energy as well as– sometimes– even some behavior renovations, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
What regarding me– did I discover any type of kind of change in Remy? I did observe a couple of large modifications worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the major things I noticed after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller sized, greener, and also a lot less smelly– all general indicators of enhanced health.
2. Lowered Itching & Allergies
Another thing I didn’t right away discover till switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie certainly decreased Remy’s itching.
Remy has been an scratchy boy for a long time now, so I’ve obtained quite accustomed to his scraping as well as licking . When I switched Remy to Ollie, I really did not make any kind of specific note or observations regarding his itching.
Yet, when turning off of Ollie and back to his original kibble, I quickly realized Remy was itching as well as scraping a lot more than he did before.
Considering that he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal a lot more, showing that he possibly has some allergy problems that Ollie had actually been assisting with. This means I’ll possibly end up making the button back to Ollie at some time, or– at the very least– will certainly explore other type of foods that can help Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have pictured, Ollie isn’t precisely low-cost.
The exact cost of your Ollie delivery will depend upon the dimension as well as needs of your dog, but Ollie expenses about anywhere from approximately $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as up to $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
Sadly, this might be outside of lots of pet parents’ budget plans.
— it is worth considering some of the other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet regimen when evaluating cost vs value.
For one, totally free shipment means time and initiative saved given that you won’t require to on a regular basis check out PetSmart and carry around large bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-lasting might likewise indicate less journeys to the veterinarian’s workplace, saving major cash gradually as well as possibly prolonging your pooch’s lifespan.
Do not neglect– Our viewers can get 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will certainly last long-lasting, it absolutely makes the idea of at least trying out as well as attempting with fresh dog food a lot more achievable, even for tight budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Allow’s sum up the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, top quality food
- Better for digestion + may minimize some health and wellness issues as well as allergy problems
- Smaller sized, firmer, much less scent-laden poops
- Does not call for cautious dealing with like raw food does, while still offering several of the very same
- Pre-portioned packages for added comfort and also to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for utilizing along with Kongs or LickiMats
- [Bonus] Includes adorable multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it concerns comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a long-lasting food choice
- Not suitable with a lot of problem playthings
- A little much more work than feeding kibble (although regarding the exact same quantity of effort as feeding damp canned dog food).
- Not really portable– it’s absolutely not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not excellent for training work– if you normally utilize your dog’s food as a training reward, damp fresh food simply doesn’t function too.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you want to offer your dog fantastic grub, most definitely give Ollie a shot.
It’s a really premium fresh food with an impressive ingredient checklist. While Ollie is a excellent alternative for any dog, owners of pets that are particular eaters, have sensitive bellies, or have questionable poops will specifically benefit from trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s definitely at the very least worth attempting as well as reviewing on your own if the advantages are worth the price. While I didn’t see any kind of amazing changes in Remy, his poop improvement were fantastic, he was crazy about the food, and also it looks like the food may have helped with his allergies.
When your dog gives you those big puppy dog eyes begging for more of the fresh stuff, be cautious– you may have a hard time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently cooked with very little handling to preserve nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates depends on the size of your dog ( larger pets need ore food, so are more expensive to feed).
Typically, Ollie costs anywhere from around $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as as much as $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
However do not forget, you can also get wonderful price cuts on your very first order of Ollie with some of the deals pointed out in this write-up.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs components and fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food additionally boasts impressive protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the comments listed below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything sealed and hygienic in the refrigerator.
Consists of charming recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs components and fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie?