Today we’re reviewing the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to aid YOU determine– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery service that supplies personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They supply a number of vet-designed dishes including USA-sourced poultry, lamb, turkey, or beef .
- Many proprietors discover that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier layers, fewer allergic reactions, more power, and also far better overall wellness for their dogs.
- Unique price cut for our viewers– get 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand that offers direct delivery food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s dishes are made to concentrate on quality and freshness, with minimally-processed foods having large amounts of genuine pet protein and organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, as well as included superfoods to benefit canine health.
The idea is that fresh foods can give even more nutrients to pets than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s hard to claim for certain whether fresh dog food is inherently ” far better”, yet it does appear that lots of dogs that have actually formerly experienced some stomach concerns or allergic reactions do better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple points worth noting regarding Ollie’s ingredient listing:
- Real meat is the leading component, complied with by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 active ingredients as whole meats and also body organ meats leads to a protein-packed make-up, with recipes ranging from 35%– 44% protein (with a dry matter evaluation).
- Dishes consist of lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All dishes are made by vets.
- No fillers like wheat, soy, or corn .
- No artificial flavors, preservatives, or spin-offs.
- Dishes are minimally refined and human-grade– you can eat it, if you wanted to!
For those that fidget about the FDA’s alert of a undetermined correlation between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive recipe; their hen dish contains a healthy and balanced dose of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and other yummy ingredients.
Ollie uses 4 dishes that owners can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with dry issue evaluation
- Hen: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with dry matter analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with dry issue analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s get into my personal experience with Ollie and also see what Remy thought of everything.
Prefer video? You can check out our video clip testimonial as well!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was quite interesting!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in icy blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so chilly that they melted my fingers a little– do not be stupid like me, wear some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was safely stored in the freezer (we did have to make some considerable area for his consumes– just a good reason to round off the gelato), I check out the product that included the Ollie shipment.
I recognize this is a small thing, however I definitely enjoy the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s adorable and also– I need to say– truly, really beneficial. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything secured as well as hygienic in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a perfect suitable for the fresh food packs, making it simple to pop a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for dinner.
It’s also worth noting that the food loads themselves are really well developed. The plastic tabs are easy to open as well as the leading sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it actually easy to dig the food.
The packets also have a bit of a lip on the top which managed to maintain my counter rather darn clean– I seldom had a stray item of food mistake. Less complicated cleaning is always appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any dog food switch for that matter), it’s essential to make the change gradually. Changing your dog’s diet plan from one type of food to another without any gradual transition is a recipe for an indigestion.
This is part of the factor I always question individuals who declare that a specific brand of dog food gave their dog looseness of the bowels, as it could involve not effectively moving your dog to a brand-new food, rather than being totally the food’s mistake.
Anyhow, as instructed, we started offering Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for 2 days, then switched over to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for one more number of days, before ultimately switching over totally to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy most definitely enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! Actually, he could have liked it a little way too much.
I usually feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This timetable has actually never earned any kind of sort of response from Remy in the past. He typically simply socializes or rests until I call him over for dinner.
Yet, after switching over to Ollie, Remy started to obtain really restless at around 5:00 pm, yawping at me to feed him. It was tough to persevere and make him wait!
His modification in perspective definitely appears to indicate that he’s a big fan. That, and also the massive quantities of drool he would dispense as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was at first a little worried concerning switching over to fresh dog food since Remy absolutely loves consuming his dinner out of challenge playthings.
Usually we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as allow him have at it– he has so much enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Because fresh food is sticky and also wet , much of our favorite kibble-dispensing puzzle toys were out when feeding with Ollie. Nevertheless, I just decided to start making use of more LickiMats and packed Kongs and it exercised great.
LickiMats are a rather incredible tool to make use of in conjunction with fresh food– pressing the food right into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog substantially more time to complete it, and also the licking motion is really relaxing for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a perk, attempt freezing the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that ought to maintain also ultra-hungry pet dogs inhabited for at the very least 30 minutes or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
So– after attempting Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the outcomes?
Numerous proprietors have actually born witness seeing a shinier coat, reduced itching as a result of allergies, enhanced energy as well as– in some cases– also some behavior improvements, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
However what concerning me– did I discover any type of kind of modification in Remy? I did see a few big changes worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the significant points I saw after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller, greener, and a lot less stinky– all general indicators of better wellness.
2. Decreased Itching & Allergies
Another point I didn’t promptly discover up until switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie absolutely lowered Remy’s irritation.
Remy has been an itchy boy for quite a while now, so I’ve obtained rather accustomed to his scraping as well as licking . I really did not make any kind of particular note or monitorings concerning his irritation when I changed Remy to Ollie.
When switching off of Ollie and back to his original kibble, I swiftly realized Remy was itching as well as scratching much more than he did before.
Because he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot extra, suggesting that he most likely has some allergy problems that Ollie had been helping with. This indicates I’ll possibly end up making the button back to Ollie eventually, or– at the minimum– will try out various other kinds of foods that can help Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have envisioned, Ollie isn’t specifically affordable.
The precise cost of your Ollie shipment will certainly depend upon the dimension and needs of your dog, but Ollie prices about anywhere from around $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, and approximately $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
Unfortunately, this might be outside of several pet moms and dads’ spending plans.
— it is worth taking into consideration some of the other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when evaluating expense vs worth.
For one, free shipment means time as well as initiative conserved because you won’t need to frequently see PetSmart as well as haul around large bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-term could also mean less trips to the veterinarian’s office, saving major money with time and potentially prolonging your pooch’s lifespan.
Do not forget– Our visitors can obtain 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will certainly last long-lasting, it absolutely makes the concept of at least exploring and also attempting with fresh dog food far more possible, even for tight budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Let’s sum up the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-quality food
- Much better for digestion + might ease some health problems and allergic reaction problems
- Smaller, stronger, less odorous poops
- Does not require cautious managing like raw food does, while still supplying several of the very same
- Pre-portioned packets for added benefit and to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for making use of alongside LickiMats or kongs
- [ Incentive] Includes lovable recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a lasting food choice
- Not suitable with a lot of problem toys
- Slightly a lot more job than feeding kibble (although about the exact same quantity of effort as feeding wet tinned dog food).
- Not extremely mobile– it’s absolutely not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not excellent for training job– if you normally utilize your dog’s food as a training reward, damp fresh food just does not function as well.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you wish to use your dog excellent grub, most definitely provide Ollie a try.
It’s a very premium fresh food with an impressive ingredient checklist. While Ollie is a terrific alternative for any dog, proprietors of pets who are particular eaters, have sensitive bellies, or have questionable poops will particularly benefit from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s certainly at the very least worth attempting as well as evaluating for yourself if the benefits are worth the rate. While I didn’t see any type of miraculous adjustments in Remy, his poop enhancement were great, he loved the food, and it feels like the food may have assisted with his allergies.
Beware– you might have a bumpy ride returning to kibble when your dog gives you those big young puppy dog eyes pleading for even more of the fresh things!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently cooked with very little handling to preserve nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing depends on the size of your dog (bigger canines need ore food, so are extra pricey to feed).
Typically, Ollie sets you back anywhere from roughly $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as approximately $11 daily for an 80 lb dog.
But don’t neglect, you can also obtain great price cuts on your very first order of Ollie with several of the offers discussed in this post.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium components as well as fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food additionally boasts outstanding protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the remarks listed below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything secured and also hygienic in the fridge.
Includes lovable multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium active ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie?