Today we’re evaluating the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to help YOU determine– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery solution that offers personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They supply several vet-designed dishes including USA-sourced hen, turkey, lamb, or beef .
- Many owners locate that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier coats, less allergic reactions, more power, and also much better overall health and wellness for their canines.
- Special price cut for our visitors– get 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand name that gives straight shipment food on a subscription basis.
Ollie’s recipes are designed to focus on high quality and also freshness, with minimally-processed foods containing huge quantities of genuine animal protein and body organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, and also added superfoods to profit canine wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can give even more nutrients to canines than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s hard to say without a doubt whether fresh dog food is naturally ” far better”, yet it does seem that lots of dogs that have actually formerly suffered some stomach issues or allergies do far better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple things worth noting concerning Ollie’s component listing:
- Actual meat is the primary active ingredient, adhered to by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 ingredients as whole meats and organ meats results in a protein-packed structure, with dishes varying from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a dry matter evaluation).
- Recipes consist of lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All recipes are designed by vets.
- No fillers like corn, wheat, or soy .
- No man-made tastes, chemicals, or byproducts.
- Recipes are minimally refined as well as human-grade– you could consume it, if you wished to!
For those that are nervous concerning the FDA’s alert of a obscure connection in between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive recipe; their hen dish contains a healthy dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as other delicious ingredients.
Ollie offers 4 dishes that owners can pick from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with dry matter analysis
- Hen: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with dry matter analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with completely dry issue evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s enter my personal experience with Ollie as well as see what Remy thought of everything.
Prefer video clip? You can have a look at our video testimonial also!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was fairly amazing!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in frozen blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cool that they shed my fingers a little– do not be dumb like me, wear some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was securely stored in the freezer (we did have to make some significant space for his consumes– simply a great reason to round off the gelato), I go through the product that came with the Ollie shipment.
I recognize this is a small thing, yet I absolutely like the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s charming as well as– I need to state– really, truly valuable. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing secured and hygienic in the fridge.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a best suitable for the fresh food packs, making it easy to stand out a half-pack in the container as well as whip it out for supper.
It’s likewise worth noting that the food loads themselves are truly well created. The plastic tabs are very easy to open up and also the top sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it really simple to dig the food.
The packets also have a bit of a lip on the top which took care of to keep my counter rather darn clean– I hardly ever had a roaming item of food make a mess. Less complicated clean-up is constantly appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any type of dog food button for that issue), it’s vital to make the change gradually. Switching your dog’s diet from one kind of food to an additional without any gradual shift is a dish for an indigestion.
This belongs to the factor I always examine folks that assert that a particular brand name of dog food gave their dog looseness of the bowels, as it can pertain to not properly migrating your dog to a brand-new food, rather than being entirely the food’s fault.
Anyhow, as instructed, we started offering Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for two days, after that changed to 1/2 and 1/2 for one more couple of days, prior to lastly changing totally to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy definitely enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! He may have liked it a little too a lot.
I generally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This timetable has never gained any sort of reaction from Remy in the past. He normally just hangs out or rests till I call him over for dinner.
But, after switching over to Ollie, Remy began to get extremely antsy at around 5:00 pm, whining at me to feed him. It was difficult to stand firm as well as make him wait!
His modification in attitude absolutely appears to indicate that he’s a huge follower. That, and also the massive quantities of drool he would give as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was at first a little anxious regarding changing to fresh dog food due to the fact that Remy absolutely loves eating his dinner out of challenge toys.
Typically we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as allow him have at it– he has a lot fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Since fresh food is sticky and also damp , much of our favorite kibble-dispensing problem toys were out when feeding with Ollie. I just chose to begin utilizing more LickiMats and also packed Kongs and it functioned out great.
LickiMats are a rather awesome tool to use together with fresh food– pressing the food right into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog considerably more time to finish it, as well as the licking motion is extremely soothing for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a perk, attempt cold the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that need to keep also ultra-hungry pet dogs inhabited for at least 30 minutes or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
— after attempting Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the outcomes?
Lots of owners have actually demonstrated discovering a shinier layer, lowered itching as a result of allergic reactions, boosted energy and also– in some cases– even some behavior enhancements, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
What about me– did I see any kind of adjustment in Remy? I did observe a couple of large modifications worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the major things I saw after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller sized, greener, as well as much less foul-smelling– all basic signs of better wellness.
2. Lowered Itching & Allergies
One more point I didn’t instantly discover till changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie most definitely minimized Remy’s itching.
Remy has been an scratchy child for quite a while now, so I’ve obtained rather familiar with his licking as well as damaging . When I switched Remy to Ollie, I didn’t make any specific note or observations concerning his irritation.
When switching over off of Ollie and back to his initial kibble, I promptly understood Remy was itching and scratching much even more than he did previously.
Because he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot more, suggesting that he most likely has some allergic reaction problems that Ollie had been assisting with. This indicates I’ll possibly wind up making the switch back to Ollie at some point, or– at the very least– will certainly try out other sort of foods that can aid Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you may have thought of, Ollie isn’t exactly inexpensive.
The specific price of your Ollie shipment will depend on the dimension and requirements of your dog, however Ollie expenses roughly anywhere from approximately $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, and also as much as $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
Regrettably, this might be beyond many pet parents’ budgets.
— it is worth considering some of the other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet when examining cost vs worth.
For one, cost-free shipment means time as well as effort saved given that you will not require to regularly go to PetSmart as well as carry around giant bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-lasting might additionally indicate less trips to the vet’s workplace, saving significant cash money over time and potentially extending your pooch’s life-span.
Don’t forget– Our readers can get 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will certainly last lasting, it certainly makes the idea of at least trying out and also trying with fresh dog food much more possible, also for tight spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Allow’s sum up the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, top notch food
- Much better for digestion + may alleviate some health problems as well as allergic reaction issues
- Smaller sized, stronger, less fragrant poops
- Does not need careful taking care of like raw food does, while still giving a few of the same
- Pre-portioned packages for added benefit and also to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for utilizing together with Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Benefit] Includes adorable recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a lasting food alternative
- Not suitable with a lot of problem toys
- A little a lot more work than feeding kibble (although concerning the exact same amount of initiative as feeding damp canned dog food).
- Not really portable– it’s absolutely not as practical as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not wonderful for training job– if you usually utilize your dog’s food as a training benefit, damp fresh food simply doesn’t work.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Certainly provide Ollie a try if you desire to offer your dog fantastic grub.
It’s a extremely premium fresh food with an outstanding component list. While Ollie is a excellent alternative for any type of dog, owners of dogs who are picky eaters, have sensitive stomachs, or have questionable poops will particularly gain from trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s definitely a minimum of worth attempting and also examining for yourself if the advantages deserve the cost. While I didn’t see any kind of amazing modifications in Remy, his poop enhancement were terrific, he adored the food, as well as it appears like the food may have aided with his allergic reactions.
When your dog gives you those big young puppy dog eyes asking for even more of the fresh things, beware– you may have a tough time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately prepared with minimal handling to preserve nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing relies on the dimension of your dog ( larger pet dogs require ore food, so are much more pricey to feed).
Typically, Ollie costs anywhere from about $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, and approximately $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
But do not forget, you can additionally obtain great discount rates on your first order of Ollie with a few of the deals discussed in this write-up.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium active ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food likewise flaunts remarkable healthy protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the comments listed below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything sealed and hygienic in the refrigerator.
Consists of charming reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs components and also fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie?