Today we’re evaluating the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to assist YOU determine– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery service that offers personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They provide several vet-designed dishes including USA-sourced poultry, beef, lamb, or turkey .
- Numerous owners locate that changing to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier coats, less allergies, even more power, and also far better overall health and wellness for their dogs.
- Special price cut for our readers– obtain 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand that gives straight shipment food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s recipes are made to focus on high quality as well as quality, with minimally-processed foods including huge amounts of genuine animal protein as well as organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, as well as added superfoods to profit canine wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can offer even more nutrients to canines than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s tough to say for certain whether fresh dog food is inherently ” far better”, but it does appear that numerous canines that have actually previously experienced some tummy problems or allergic reactions do far better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair things worth keeping in mind regarding Ollie’s active ingredient list:
- Genuine meat is the number one ingredient, adhered to by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 ingredients as whole meats and body organ meats leads to a protein-packed make-up, with recipes ranging from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a dry matter evaluation).
- Recipes consist of lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All recipes are created by vets.
- No fillers like soy, corn, or wheat .
- No man-made flavors, chemicals, or spin-offs.
- Dishes are minimally refined as well as human-grade– you might eat it, if you wanted to!
For those who fidget about the FDA’s alert of a undetermined relationship between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive dish; their chicken dish contains a healthy and balanced dose of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as other tasty ingredients.
Ollie supplies 4 recipes that proprietors can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Poultry: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with dry matter evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with dry matter evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s get into my individual experience with Ollie and see what Remy idea of all of it.
Prefer video clip? You can look into our video testimonial too!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was quite amazing!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in icy blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cool that they melted my fingers a little– don’t be dumb like me, use some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was securely packed away in the freezer (we did have to make some significant room for his consumes– just a excellent excuse to finish off the ice cream), I read through the material that came with the Ollie delivery.
I recognize this is a small thing, however I absolutely enjoy the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s adorable and– I have to say– really, actually beneficial. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little a discomfort. I needed to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything secured as well as sanitary in the fridge.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a perfect fit for the fresh food packs, making it simple to pop a half-pack in the container as well as whip it out for supper.
It’s also worth noting that the food loads themselves are actually well developed. The plastic tabs are easy to open and the top sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it truly simple to scoop out the food.
The packages also have a bit of a lip on the top which handled to keep my counter rather darn clean– I hardly ever had a stray item of food make a mess. Simpler clean-up is constantly valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any kind of dog food button for that matter), it’s crucial to make the change gradually. Switching your dog’s diet from one sort of food to another without any progressive shift is a recipe for an upset stomach.
This belongs to the reason I always examine individuals who assert that a particular brand name of dog food gave their dog looseness of the bowels, as it could have to do with not properly moving your dog to a new food, as opposed to being entirely the food’s mistake.
Anyway, as advised, we started offering Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for two days, after that switched over to 1/2 and 1/2 for one more couple of days, before lastly switching over totally to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy absolutely loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! He may have liked it a little too much.
I generally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This timetable has never made any type of sort of reaction from Remy in the past. He normally simply hangs out or sleeps until I call him over for dinner.
After switching over to Ollie, Remy started to get very anxious at around 5:00 pm, grumbling at me to feed him. It was difficult to persevere as well as make him wait!
His change in attitude certainly seems to suggest that he’s a large fan. That, and also the large amounts of drool he would certainly dispense as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was originally a little nervous concerning switching over to fresh dog food since Remy definitely loves eating his supper out of challenge toys.
Generally we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as allow him have at it– he has so much enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Considering that fresh food is damp as well as sticky , most of our favored kibble-dispensing puzzle toys were out when feeding with Ollie. Nevertheless, I simply chose to begin utilizing extra LickiMats and packed Kongs and it exercised wonderful.
LickiMats are a quite incredible device to make use of together with fresh food– pushing the food right into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog substantially more time to finish it, and the licking activity is extremely soothing for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus offer, attempt cold the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that ought to keep also ultra-hungry pet dogs inhabited for a minimum of 30 minutes or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
— after trying Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the outcomes?
Several proprietors have demonstrated discovering a shinier coat, lowered itching due to allergic reactions, enhanced energy and also– sometimes– even some behavior enhancements, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
Yet what regarding me– did I observe any kind of kind of modification in Remy? I did observe a couple of huge adjustments worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the major things I noticed after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller, greener, and a lot less foul-smelling– all general indications of better health.
2. Decreased Itching & Allergies
An additional point I didn’t immediately notice until changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie absolutely minimized Remy’s irritation.
Remy has been an itchy young boy for quite a while currently, so I’ve gotten pretty familiar with his licking and also scraping . When I switched Remy to Ollie, I really did not make any type of certain note or monitorings regarding his irritation.
When changing off of Ollie as well as back to his initial kibble, I quickly understood Remy was itching and scraping a lot more than he did previously.
Considering that he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal extra, indicating that he probably has some allergy problems that Ollie had been helping with. This implies I’ll most likely wind up making the switch back to Ollie eventually, or– at least– will try out other type of foods that can assist Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have thought of, Ollie isn’t specifically low-cost.
The specific price of your Ollie delivery will certainly rely on the dimension and also needs of your dog, however Ollie prices roughly anywhere from about $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, as well as approximately $11 daily for an 80 lb dog.
Regrettably, this may be outside of lots of pet moms and dads’ spending plans.
— it is worth considering some of the various other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet when evaluating price vs value.
For one, totally free distribution means time and also initiative saved considering that you will not need to frequently check out PetSmart as well as carry around gigantic bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-term might additionally suggest fewer journeys to the vet’s office, saving significant money in time and possibly prolonging your pooch’s life expectancy.
Don’t forget– Our readers can obtain 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will last long-lasting, it certainly makes the idea of at least trying out and attempting with fresh dog food much more attainable, even for tight budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Allow’s sum up the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-grade food
- Better for digestion + may ease some health and wellness issues as well as allergy concerns
- Smaller, firmer, much less odorous poops
- Does not need careful dealing with like raw food does, while still supplying several of the same
- Pre-portioned packages for added ease and also to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for utilizing alongside Kongs or LickiMats
- [Bonus] Includes lovable reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it pertains to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a lasting food choice
- Not compatible with most challenge toys
- Slightly a lot more job than feeding kibble (although regarding the very same quantity of effort as feeding wet tinned dog food).
- Not extremely portable– it’s absolutely not as practical as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not wonderful for training work– if you typically utilize your dog’s food as a training benefit, wet fresh food simply does not work.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you want to use your dog wonderful grub, certainly offer Ollie a shot.
It’s a very top notch fresh food with an impressive active ingredient listing. While Ollie is a excellent option for any kind of dog, proprietors of dogs who are picky eaters, have delicate stomachs, or have questionable poops will particularly take advantage of attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s definitely a minimum of worth trying and also examining on your own if the advantages are worth the rate. While I really did not see any kind of amazing adjustments in Remy, his poop enhancement were fantastic, he adored the food, and also it feels like the food may have helped with his allergic reactions.
When your dog offers you those big pup dog eyes asking for even more of the fresh stuff, be cautious– you may have a tough time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately cooked with minimal processing to maintain nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing relies on the dimension of your dog ( larger dogs need ore food, so are more costly to feed).
Generally, Ollie sets you back anywhere from about $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as up to $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
However don’t forget, you can also get wonderful discount rates on your initial order of Ollie with a few of the deals stated in this article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium components as well as fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food additionally flaunts impressive protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the comments listed below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing secured as well as hygienic in the refrigerator.
Includes charming recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie?