Today we’re assessing the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to help YOU determine– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution solution that supplies tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They provide a number of vet-designed dishes featuring USA-sourced poultry, lamb, turkey, or beef .
- Numerous proprietors locate that changing to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier coats, fewer allergies, more power, and also far better total health and wellness for their canines.
- Unique discount for our readers– get 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand that offers straight delivery food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s recipes are designed to concentrate on top quality as well as quality, with minimally-processed foods containing large amounts of real pet protein as well as organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, and also included superfoods to profit canine wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can give even more nutrients to pet dogs than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s difficult to claim for sure whether fresh dog food is naturally “better”, however it does appear that lots of pets that have actually previously endured some belly concerns or allergies do far better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple things worth keeping in mind regarding Ollie’s component listing:
- Real meat is the number one active ingredient, complied with by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 components as whole meats and also body organ meats leads to a protein-packed composition, with dishes ranging from 35%– 44% protein (with a dry matter evaluation).
- Dishes consist of lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All dishes are designed by vets.
- No fillers like corn, wheat, or soy .
- No fabricated flavors, preservatives, or byproducts.
- Recipes are minimally processed and also human-grade– you could consume it, if you intended to!
For those who fidget about the FDA’s alert of a obscure correlation between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive dish; their poultry dish contains a healthy and balanced dosage of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as various other tasty components.
Ollie provides four dishes that proprietors can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with dry issue evaluation
- Chicken: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with dry matter analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with completely dry issue analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s get involved in my personal experience with Ollie and also see what Remy thought of all of it.
Prefer video clip? You can look into our video clip testimonial also!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was fairly exciting!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in icy blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cold that they melted my fingers a little– don’t be foolish like me, use some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was safely packed away in the fridge freezer (we did need to make some considerable space for his eats– simply a great reason to finish off the ice cream), I check out the product that came with the Ollie delivery.
I recognize this is a small thing, however I absolutely like the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s adorable and– I need to claim– truly, really helpful. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little a pain. I needed to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything sealed and sanitary in the fridge.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a excellent suitable for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to pop a half-pack in the container as well as whip it out for supper.
It’s likewise worth noting that the food packs themselves are really well created. The plastic tabs are very easy to open up as well as the leading sheet of plastic slides right off, making it really very easy to scoop out the food.
The packages also have a little bit of a lip on the top which took care of to keep my counter quite darn clean– I rarely had a stray item of food make a mess. Simpler cleanup is constantly valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any dog food switch for that matter), it’s essential to make the change gradually. Switching your dog’s diet from one kind of food to an additional without any steady shift is a dish for an upset stomach.
This is part of the factor I always question individuals who declare that a particular brand name of dog food provided their dog looseness of the bowels, as it can pertain to not properly migrating your dog to a brand-new food, as opposed to being completely the food’s mistake.
Anyhow, as advised, we started out offering Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his regular kibble. We did that for two days, then switched over to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for an additional number of days, prior to finally switching totally to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy absolutely loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! He could have liked it a little as well a lot.
I generally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has never gained any kind of type of response from Remy in the past. He generally simply hangs out or sleeps up until I call him over for supper.
After changing to Ollie, Remy started to obtain very restless at around 5:00 pm, yawping at me to feed him. It was difficult to stand firm and also make him wait!
His change in perspective certainly seems to show that he’s a large follower. That, and also the large amounts of drool he would certainly dispense as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was initially a little anxious about switching over to fresh dog food due to the fact that Remy definitely likes consuming his dinner out of challenge playthings.
Typically we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and let him have at it– he has a lot enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Given that fresh food is wet and sticky , most of our favored kibble-dispensing puzzle playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. I simply made a decision to begin using more LickiMats and stuffed Kongs and also it worked out wonderful.
LickiMats are a rather incredible tool to make use of in conjunction with fresh food– pressing the food into a LickiMat will take your dog considerably more time to finish it, as well as the licking movement is extremely soothing for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus, attempt freezing the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that must keep also ultra-hungry canines inhabited for at least 30 minutes or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
— after attempting Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the outcomes?
Lots of owners have demonstrated noticing a shinier layer, lowered itching as a result of allergic reactions, improved energy and– in many cases– even some behavioral enhancements, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
What about me– did I see any kind of kind of change in Remy? I did notice a couple of large modifications worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the major points I observed after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller, greener, as well as a lot less foul-smelling– all basic signs of enhanced health and wellness.
2. Reduced Itching & Allergies
One more thing I really did not instantly discover until switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie most definitely lowered Remy’s irritation.
Remy has actually been an scratchy young boy for quite a while now, so I’ve obtained quite accustomed to his licking and also scratching . I really did not make any certain note or monitorings regarding his itching when I switched over Remy to Ollie.
However, when turning off of Ollie as well as back to his initial kibble, I quickly understood Remy was itching and also scraping much more than he did before.
Since he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot a lot more, suggesting that he most likely has some allergic reaction problems that Ollie had actually been aiding with. This suggests I’ll possibly wind up making the switch back to Ollie at some point, or– at the minimum– will certainly experiment with other type of foods that can help Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have imagined, Ollie isn’t precisely affordable.
The precise rate of your Ollie delivery will certainly depend on the dimension as well as needs of your dog, yet Ollie costs roughly anywhere from approximately $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, and as much as $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
Sadly, this may be outside of lots of pet moms and dads’ budgets.
Nevertheless– it is worth taking into consideration several of the other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when evaluating cost vs value.
For one, complimentary delivery means time and effort conserved because you won’t need to frequently check out PetSmart and also haul around large bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food lasting could likewise mean less journeys to the vet’s office, saving serious money over time and also possibly expanding your pooch’s lifespan.
Do not fail to remember– Our visitors can get 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will last lasting, it certainly makes the idea of at the very least exploring and trying with fresh dog food far more achievable, even for limited budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Let’s summarize the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-quality food
- Much better for food digestion + might minimize some health and wellness concerns as well as allergy problems
- Smaller, firmer, much less scent-laden poops
- Doesn’t require careful dealing with like raw food does, while still giving some of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packets for included benefit and to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for using together with LickiMats or kongs
- [ Perk] Includes lovable multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it concerns comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a long-term food option
- Not suitable with the majority of puzzle toys
- Somewhat a lot more work than feeding kibble (although regarding the very same amount of effort as feeding damp canned dog food).
- Not very mobile– it’s absolutely not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not wonderful for training work– if you usually utilize your dog’s food as a training benefit, wet fresh food just does not function.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Definitely provide Ollie a shot if you want to supply your dog excellent grub.
It’s a extremely high-quality fresh food with an remarkable ingredient listing. While Ollie is a terrific alternative for any kind of dog, owners of pets that are picky eaters, have delicate bellies, or have doubtful poops will especially benefit from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s absolutely a minimum of worth evaluating and attempting for yourself if the benefits are worth the price. While I really did not see any kind of amazing adjustments in Remy, his poop improvement were great, he was crazy about the food, and also it looks like the food might have aided with his allergic reactions.
When your dog provides you those big puppy dog eyes asking for more of the fresh stuff, be careful– you could have a hard time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately prepared with minimal processing to keep nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices depends on the dimension of your dog ( larger canines require ore food, so are extra pricey to feed).
Generally, Ollie costs anywhere from roughly $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, and approximately $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
But don’t neglect, you can additionally obtain wonderful discounts on your very first order of Ollie with some of the offers stated in this short article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium components and fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food likewise boasts remarkable healthy protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the remarks listed below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything sealed and also hygienic in the fridge.
Consists of lovable multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs components as well as fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie?