Today we’re evaluating the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to aid YOU choose– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution solution that supplies customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They supply several vet-designed recipes including USA-sourced hen, turkey, lamb, or beef .
- Numerous proprietors locate that switching to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier coats, fewer allergic reactions, more power, as well as much better general health for their pet dogs.
- Unique discount rate for our viewers– get 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand that provides straight delivery food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s dishes are developed to focus on top quality as well as freshness, with minimally-processed foods containing big quantities of actual animal protein and also organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, as well as added superfoods to profit canine wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can provide even more nutrients to dogs than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s hard to state for certain whether fresh dog food is inherently “better”, but it does appear that several pets that have actually previously experienced some tummy concerns or allergic reactions do better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple points worth keeping in mind about Ollie’s ingredient list:
- Genuine meat is the leading ingredient, followed by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 active ingredients as whole meats and also organ meats results in a protein-packed structure, with recipes varying from 35%– 44% protein (with a completely dry issue analysis).
- Recipes consist of tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All dishes are designed by vets.
- No fillers like corn, soy, or wheat .
- No synthetic flavors, chemicals, or by-products.
- Recipes are minimally processed and human-grade– you could eat it, if you intended to!
For those who fidget about the FDA’s alert of a undetermined correlation between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive recipe; their hen dish includes a healthy dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and also other delicious active ingredients.
Ollie offers 4 recipes that owners can pick from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Poultry: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with dry issue analysis
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with dry matter evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s enter into my individual experience with Ollie and also see what Remy idea of everything.
Prefer video clip? You can look into our video review too!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was fairly amazing!
Remy’s fresh food got here in frozen blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cold that they shed my fingers a little– don’t be stupid like me, wear some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was securely stored in the freezer (we did need to make some substantial area for his eats– just a great reason to finish off the gelato), I check out the product that featured the Ollie shipment.
I know this is a small thing, yet I absolutely like the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s adorable as well as– I have to say– actually, really beneficial. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain whatever secured and also hygienic in the fridge.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a best suitable for the fresh food packs, making it easy to stand out a half-pack in the container and whip it out for dinner.
It’s also worth noting that the food packs themselves are really well designed. The plastic tabs are simple to open up and the leading sheet of plastic slides right off, making it actually easy to scoop out the food.
The packages also have a little a lip on the top which handled to keep my counter rather darn tidy– I hardly ever had a stray piece of food mistake. Easier cleaning is always appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any dog food button for that issue), it’s vital to make the shift slowly. Switching your dog’s diet from one kind of food to an additional without any progressive change is a dish for an upset stomach.
This belongs to the factor I constantly examine individuals who assert that a certain brand name of dog food offered their dog looseness of the bowels, as it might relate to not properly migrating your dog to a new food, rather than being completely the food’s fault.
Anyway, as advised, we began giving Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for 2 days, after that switched to 1/2 and 1/2 for an additional couple of days, before lastly changing completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy absolutely enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! In fact, he may have liked it a little too much.
I normally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has never ever made any type of type of reaction from Remy in the past. He normally just socializes or sleeps until I call him over for dinner.
Yet, after changing to Ollie, Remy started to get extremely antsy at around 5:00 pm, yawping at me to feed him. It was difficult to stand firm as well as make him wait!
His modification in attitude certainly seems to indicate that he’s a large fan. That, and the generous amounts of drool he would give as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Due to the fact that Remy definitely loves consuming his supper out of puzzle playthings, I was initially a little nervous regarding switching to fresh dog food.
Normally we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as allow him have at it– he has so much fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Considering that fresh food is sticky and wet , a number of our favorite kibble-dispensing challenge toys were out when feeding with Ollie. I just determined to start making use of a lot more LickiMats and also stuffed Kongs as well as it worked out terrific.
LickiMats are a pretty incredible tool to utilize together with fresh food– pressing the food into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog significantly even more time to complete it, as well as the licking movement is really calming for distressed puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus offer, try cold the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that ought to keep even ultra-hungry pet dogs occupied for a minimum of 30 mins or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
So– after trying Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the results?
Many proprietors have demonstrated observing a shinier coat, reduced itching because of allergic reactions, improved power and also– in many cases– also some behavioral improvements, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
What concerning me– did I notice any kind of modification in Remy? I did see a couple of large adjustments worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the significant things I saw after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller, greener, and also a lot less stinky– all basic signs of improved health.
2. Minimized Itching & Allergies
An additional point I really did not right away discover until switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie absolutely minimized Remy’s itching.
Remy has been an itchy boy for a long time currently, so I’ve gotten rather familiar with his scratching as well as licking . When I switched Remy to Ollie, I didn’t make any specific note or observations concerning his itchiness.
However, when turning off of Ollie and back to his initial kibble, I promptly understood Remy was itching as well as scraping much more than he did before.
Since he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot a lot more, showing that he possibly has some allergic reaction problems that Ollie had actually been aiding with. This means I’ll most likely end up making the button back to Ollie at some time, or– at the very least– will try out various other type of foods that can aid Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have pictured, Ollie isn’t precisely economical.
The exact price of your Ollie delivery will certainly depend upon the size as well as demands of your dog, yet Ollie costs approximately anywhere from about $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, and approximately $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
Regrettably, this might be outside of lots of pet parents’ budgets.
— it is worth thinking about some of the other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet regimen when assessing price vs worth.
For one, totally free delivery means time and also initiative conserved because you won’t require to regularly check out PetSmart and haul around huge bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-lasting can also suggest less trips to the vet’s workplace, saving serious money gradually and possibly prolonging your pooch’s lifespan.
Don’t neglect– Our viewers can obtain 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will last lasting, it absolutely makes the idea of at least attempting and exploring with fresh dog food far more possible, even for limited budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Let’s sum up the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, top quality food
- Better for food digestion + might reduce some health concerns and also allergic reaction problems
- Smaller, firmer, much less scent-laden poops
- Doesn’t require careful dealing with like raw food does, while still supplying several of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packages for added benefit as well as to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for making use of together with Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Bonus offer] Consists of cute multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a lasting food alternative
- Not compatible with many puzzle toys
- A little more job than feeding kibble (although about the same quantity of initiative as feeding wet tinned dog food).
- Not very mobile– it’s absolutely not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not terrific for training work– if you generally utilize your dog’s food as a training benefit, damp fresh food simply doesn’t work as well.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Definitely give Ollie a shot if you desire to supply your dog fantastic grub.
It’s a extremely high-grade fresh food with an outstanding active ingredient checklist. While Ollie is a wonderful choice for any dog, proprietors of pets that are picky eaters, have sensitive bellies, or have questionable poops will specifically gain from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s certainly at least worth trying and also reviewing for yourself if the benefits deserve the rate. While I really did not see any amazing adjustments in Remy, his poop renovation were great, he loved the food, and it looks like the food may have aided with his allergies.
Be cautious– you could have a bumpy ride returning to kibble when your dog provides you those big pup dog eyes asking for even more of the fresh stuff!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully cooked with marginal handling to maintain nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates relies on the size of your dog (bigger canines require ore food, so are extra costly to feed).
Generally, Ollie sets you back anywhere from roughly $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, and up to $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
Yet don’t forget, you can also get fantastic discount rates on your initial order of Ollie with some of the deals pointed out in this article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs components and fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food additionally boasts outstanding protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the remarks listed below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing secured and sanitary in the refrigerator.
Consists of adorable recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium active ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie?