Today we’re examining the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to aid YOU choose– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery solution that provides tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They offer a number of vet-designed recipes featuring USA-sourced chicken, beef, lamb, or turkey .
- Numerous owners find that changing to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier coats, less allergic reactions, more power, and far better overall wellness for their pets.
- Special price cut for our readers– obtain 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand name that provides straight delivery food on a subscription basis.
Ollie’s recipes are developed to focus on top quality as well as freshness, with minimally-processed foods having big amounts of genuine animal healthy protein and body organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, and also included superfoods to profit canine health.
The belief is that fresh foods can supply even more nutrients to dogs than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s tough to say for certain whether fresh dog food is inherently ” far better”, but it does appear that several pets that have actually previously endured some belly problems or allergic reactions do far better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair things worth keeping in mind regarding Ollie’s active ingredient checklist:
- Actual meat is the top ingredient, followed by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 components as whole meats and body organ meats causes a protein-packed composition, with recipes ranging from 35%– 44% protein (with a completely dry matter evaluation).
- Recipes consist of tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All recipes are created by veterinarians.
- No fillers like corn, soy, or wheat .
- No man-made tastes, chemicals, or by-products.
- Recipes are minimally refined as well as human-grade– you can consume it, if you wished to!
For those who fidget regarding the FDA’s alert of a obscure connection between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive recipe; their poultry recipe includes a healthy and balanced dose of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and other yummy active ingredients.
Ollie offers four dishes that proprietors can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with dry issue evaluation
- Chicken: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with completely dry issue analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s enter into my personal experience with Ollie as well as see what Remy thought of all of it.
Prefer video clip? You can take a look at our video clip evaluation also!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was fairly interesting!
Remy’s fresh food got here in icy blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cool that they burned my fingers a little– do not be stupid like me, use some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was safely packed away in the freezer (we did have to make some substantial room for his consumes– just a good justification to round off the ice cream), I check out the product that came with the Ollie delivery.
I know this is a small thing, however I definitely like the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s charming and also– I have to state– truly, truly useful. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I needed to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing secured and hygienic in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a best fit for the fresh food packs, making it simple to stand out a half-pack in the container as well as whip it out for dinner.
It’s also worth keeping in mind that the food loads themselves are really well designed. The plastic tabs are simple to open up and also the top sheet of plastic slides right off, making it actually very easy to dig the food.
The packets likewise have a bit of a lip on the top which handled to keep my counter pretty darn tidy– I seldom had a roaming piece of food make a mess. Less complicated clean-up is constantly appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any kind of dog food switch for that matter), it’s crucial to make the shift gradually. Switching your dog’s diet regimen from one kind of food to another without any steady shift is a dish for an indigestion.
This becomes part of the factor I constantly examine folks that assert that a particular brand name of dog food offered their dog looseness of the bowels, as it might pertain to not correctly moving your dog to a brand-new food, rather than being completely the food’s fault.
Anyhow, as instructed, we started giving Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for 2 days, after that switched over to 1/2 and 1/2 for one more number of days, prior to finally switching completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy certainly liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! He may have liked it a little too a lot.
I generally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has actually never gained any sort of reaction from Remy in the past. He generally just hangs around or rests until I call him over for supper.
After switching over to Ollie, Remy began to obtain extremely anxious at around 5:00 pm, whimpering at me to feed him. It was difficult to stand firm and also make him wait!
His change in mindset absolutely seems to indicate that he’s a large follower. That, and also the massive quantities of drool he would dispense as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Since Remy absolutely enjoys consuming his dinner out of challenge playthings, I was initially a little worried about switching over to fresh dog food.
Generally we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also let him have at it– he has so much fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Given that fresh food is damp as well as sticky , many of our preferred kibble-dispensing challenge playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. I just determined to start utilizing a lot more LickiMats and also packed Kongs and also it worked out terrific.
LickiMats are a pretty remarkable tool to make use of together with fresh food– pressing the food into a LickiMat will take your dog significantly even more time to finish it, and the licking activity is extremely soothing for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a reward, attempt cold the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that ought to maintain also ultra-hungry pets inhabited for a minimum of 30 minutes or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
— after trying Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the results?
Several owners have actually demonstrated observing a shinier coat, decreased itching because of allergies, boosted power and also– in some cases– even some behavior enhancements, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
But what about me– did I notice any kind of modification in Remy? I did notice a few huge adjustments worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the major points I saw after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller sized, greener, and also a lot less smelly– all general indicators of better health.
2. Minimized Itching & Allergies
One more point I didn’t right away notice till switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie definitely minimized Remy’s itching.
Remy has actually been an itchy young boy for quite a while currently, so I’ve obtained pretty familiar with his scraping and licking . I really did not make any kind of particular note or monitorings regarding his itching when I switched over Remy to Ollie.
When switching over off of Ollie as well as back to his original kibble, I promptly realized Remy was itching and also scraping a lot even more than he did in the past.
Because he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot a lot more, indicating that he probably has some allergic reaction issues that Ollie had actually been assisting with. This means I’ll most likely wind up making the button back to Ollie at some point, or– at least– will certainly experiment with other type of foods that can help Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have pictured, Ollie isn’t specifically cheap.
The exact cost of your Ollie delivery will depend on the size and needs of your dog, however Ollie expenses roughly anywhere from around $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, and also approximately $11 daily for an 80 lb dog.
This might be outside of numerous pet moms and dads’ budget plans.
Nevertheless– it deserves considering several of the various other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet regimen when assessing expense vs worth.
For one, complimentary delivery means time as well as effort conserved considering that you won’t need to on a regular basis check out PetSmart and also carry around giant bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food lasting could also suggest less trips to the vet’s workplace, conserving severe cash over time as well as possibly extending your pooch’s lifespan.
Don’t forget– Our viewers can obtain 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will last lasting, it certainly makes the suggestion of at least trying and also trying out with fresh dog food much more achievable, also for limited budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Let’s sum up the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-quality food
- Much better for digestion + might alleviate some wellness problems and also allergy concerns
- Smaller sized, firmer, much less scent-laden poops
- Does not require mindful taking care of like raw food does, while still giving some of the same
- Pre-portioned packets for added convenience as well as to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for using along with LickiMats or kongs
- [ Reward] Consists of cute recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it involves comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a lasting food choice
- Not compatible with many puzzle playthings
- Somewhat much more work than feeding kibble (although concerning the same quantity of initiative as feeding wet tinned dog food).
- Not very mobile– it’s certainly not as practical as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not great for training work– if you normally use your dog’s food as a training reward, damp fresh food just doesn’t function.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you want to provide your dog excellent grub, definitely give Ollie a try.
It’s a very high-grade fresh food with an excellent ingredient checklist. While Ollie is a great choice for any dog, proprietors of pet dogs who are fussy eaters, have sensitive bellies, or have suspicious poops will specifically gain from trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s certainly a minimum of worth reviewing and also attempting on your own if the benefits deserve the cost. While I really did not see any kind of miraculous modifications in Remy, his poop improvement were great, he was crazy about the food, and also it seems like the food might have helped with his allergies.
Beware– you may have a bumpy ride going back to kibble when your dog provides you those large young puppy dog eyes asking for even more of the fresh stuff!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately prepared with very little handling to preserve nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices depends on the size of your dog ( larger dogs need ore food, so are more pricey to feed).
Generally, Ollie sets you back anywhere from approximately $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as approximately $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
Don’t forget, you can also get superb discount rates on your very first order of Ollie with some of the offers stated in this article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs components as well as fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food additionally flaunts impressive healthy protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the comments listed below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything sealed and also sanitary in the refrigerator.
Includes adorable multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs active ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie?