Today we’re assessing the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to aid YOU decide– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment solution that supplies personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They use a number of vet-designed dishes featuring USA-sourced hen, beef, turkey, or lamb .
- Many proprietors discover that switching to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier coats, fewer allergies, even more energy, and far better overall health for their canines.
- Unique discount rate for our readers– get 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand name that gives straight distribution food on a subscription basis.
Ollie’s recipes are made to focus on high quality and quality, with minimally-processed foods consisting of huge quantities of actual pet protein as well as organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, as well as included superfoods to profit canine health and wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can supply even more nutrients to canines than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s tough to claim for sure whether fresh dog food is inherently ” much better”, however it does appear that many dogs that have actually previously suffered some belly issues or allergies do better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair points worth keeping in mind about Ollie’s active ingredient checklist:
- Genuine meat is the top component, followed by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 ingredients as entire meats and body organ meats leads to a protein-packed composition, with dishes ranging from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a completely dry matter evaluation).
- Recipes include lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All dishes are developed by vets.
- No fillers like corn, soy, or wheat .
- No man-made tastes, preservatives, or by-products.
- Dishes are minimally refined and also human-grade– you could consume it, if you wished to!
For those that are nervous regarding the FDA’s alert of a unclear relationship in between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive dish; their hen dish includes a healthy and balanced dosage of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and various other delicious active ingredients.
Ollie uses four recipes that proprietors can pick from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Chicken: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with dry matter evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with dry matter evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s enter my personal experience with Ollie as well as see what Remy idea of all of it.
Prefer video? You can check out our video review as well!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food got here, it was fairly amazing!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in frozen blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cold that they burned my fingers a little– don’t be stupid like me, use some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was safely stored in the fridge freezer (we did have to make some substantial space for his eats– just a great justification to finish off the gelato), I review the product that featured the Ollie delivery.
I recognize this is a small thing, however I definitely love the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s charming and– I need to claim– truly, actually useful. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything sealed as well as hygienic in the fridge.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a best fit for the fresh food packs, making it easy to pop a half-pack in the container and whip it out for supper.
It’s likewise worth keeping in mind that the food loads themselves are truly well created. The plastic tabs are very easy to open up and also the top sheet of plastic slides right off, making it really simple to scoop out the food.
The packets also have a little bit of a lip on the top which managed to keep my counter rather darn clean– I hardly ever had a stray item of food make a mess. Much easier cleaning is always valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any type of dog food switch for that matter), it’s crucial to make the change slowly. Changing your dog’s diet plan from one type of food to another without any steady shift is a dish for an indigestion.
This becomes part of the factor I always question individuals that declare that a certain brand of dog food provided their dog diarrhea, as it could relate to not appropriately migrating your dog to a brand-new food, instead of being completely the food’s fault.
Anyway, as instructed, we started out providing Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for two days, then switched to 1/2 and also 1/2 for an additional couple of days, prior to lastly switching over entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy certainly liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! He could have liked it a little too much.
I normally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has actually never made any sort of response from Remy in the past. He generally just hangs around or sleeps up until I call him over for dinner.
However, after changing to Ollie, Remy started to get really impatient at around 5:00 pm, grumbling at me to feed him. It was difficult to stand firm as well as make him wait!
His change in perspective certainly seems to indicate that he’s a large follower. That, as well as the large amounts of drool he would certainly dispense as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was initially a little worried regarding switching to fresh dog food since Remy definitely likes consuming his dinner out of problem playthings.
Typically we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also allow him have at it– he has a lot enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Considering that fresh food is damp and also sticky , most of our favorite kibble-dispensing puzzle toys were out when feeding with Ollie. I just determined to start utilizing a lot more LickiMats and also stuffed Kongs and also it functioned out fantastic.
LickiMats are a quite incredible device to use together with fresh food– pushing the food into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog significantly more time to finish it, and also the licking motion is extremely soothing for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a benefit, try cold the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that need to maintain even ultra-hungry canines occupied for at the very least 30 minutes or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
So– after attempting Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the outcomes?
Lots of proprietors have born witness observing a shinier coat, reduced itching as a result of allergies, improved power and also– sometimes– also some behavioral improvements, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
But what regarding me– did I notice any kind of adjustment in Remy? I did see a few big modifications worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the major points I saw after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller sized, greener, as well as a lot less stinky– all general indications of improved wellness.
2. Reduced Itching & Allergies
One more point I really did not promptly observe up until changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie absolutely decreased Remy’s irritation.
Remy has been an itchy boy for a long time currently, so I’ve gotten pretty familiar with his licking as well as damaging . I didn’t make any kind of certain note or observations regarding his itching when I changed Remy to Ollie.
However, when turning off of Ollie as well as back to his initial kibble, I swiftly recognized Remy was itching and scratching much more than he did before.
Since he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal a lot more, suggesting that he most likely has some allergy issues that Ollie had been assisting with. This means I’ll most likely end up making the button back to Ollie eventually, or– at the minimum– will explore various other kinds of foods that can assist Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have thought of, Ollie isn’t exactly economical.
The precise rate of your Ollie shipment will rely on the size and also requirements of your dog, but Ollie prices about anywhere from roughly $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, and also approximately $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
This may be outdoors of several pet parents’ budget plans.
However– it is worth taking into consideration a few of the various other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet regimen when examining expense vs value.
For one, free shipment means time as well as initiative saved since you will not require to consistently visit PetSmart and haul around giant bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-lasting can also mean fewer journeys to the veterinarian’s office, saving significant cash money gradually and also possibly expanding your pooch’s life expectancy.
Don’t neglect– Our visitors can obtain 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will certainly last long-term, it definitely makes the idea of a minimum of trying out as well as attempting with fresh dog food a lot more attainable, also for limited budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Allow’s summarize the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-grade food
- Much better for digestion + might relieve some health problems and also allergic reaction concerns
- Smaller, firmer, much less scent-laden poops
- Does not call for careful dealing with like raw food does, while still offering several of the very same
- Pre-portioned packages for added convenience as well as to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for using alongside LickiMats or kongs
- [Bonus] Includes lovable reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it involves contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a long-lasting food choice
- Not compatible with the majority of challenge playthings
- A little much more work than feeding kibble (although concerning the same quantity of effort as feeding wet canned dog food).
- Not really portable– it’s certainly not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not excellent for training job– if you normally utilize your dog’s food as a training benefit, damp fresh food just doesn’t function also.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Definitely offer Ollie a try if you want to provide your dog excellent grub.
It’s a very high-quality fresh food with an remarkable component checklist. While Ollie is a fantastic option for any dog, owners of pets who are choosy eaters, have delicate bellies, or have doubtful poops will particularly gain from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s absolutely at least worth attempting and evaluating for yourself if the advantages are worth the cost. While I really did not see any type of incredible modifications in Remy, his poop enhancement were terrific, he was crazy about the food, as well as it feels like the food might have helped with his allergies.
When your dog gives you those big puppy dog eyes begging for more of the fresh stuff, beware– you could have a challenging time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully cooked with marginal handling to maintain nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates relies on the dimension of your dog ( larger pets need ore food, so are a lot more costly to feed).
Generally, Ollie sets you back anywhere from roughly $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, and also as much as $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
Do not neglect, you can likewise get fantastic discount rates on your very first order of Ollie with some of the bargains discussed in this short article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food likewise boasts excellent healthy protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the remarks listed below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything secured and also sanitary in the refrigerator.
Includes lovable recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium components and also fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie?