Today we’re assessing the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to help YOU make a decision– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment solution that supplies customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They use a number of vet-designed recipes including USA-sourced hen, turkey, beef, or lamb .
- Many owners locate that changing to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier layers, less allergies, even more power, and much better total health and wellness for their canines.
- Special price cut for our readers– get 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand that gives straight distribution food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s recipes are designed to focus on top quality and quality, with minimally-processed foods having large quantities of genuine pet protein and also organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, and also included superfoods to profit canine health.
The belief is that fresh foods can supply even more nutrients to dogs than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s hard to say for certain whether fresh dog food is naturally “better”, but it does seem that numerous pets that have previously endured some tummy issues or allergies do better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair things worth keeping in mind about Ollie’s component list:
- Actual meat is the number one ingredient, complied with by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 components as whole meats and also body organ meats results in a protein-packed structure, with dishes ranging from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a dry issue evaluation).
- Dishes include tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All recipes are made by veterinarians.
- No fillers like soy, corn, or wheat .
- No synthetic flavors, chemicals, or byproducts.
- Recipes are minimally refined and human-grade– you might eat it, if you intended to!
For those that fidget about the FDA’s alert of a unknown connection in between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive recipe; their hen recipe consists of a healthy dosage of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as other tasty active ingredients.
Ollie uses four recipes that proprietors can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Chicken: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with dry issue analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s get into my personal experience with Ollie and see what Remy thought of all of it.
Prefer video clip? You can have a look at our video clip testimonial also!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food got here, it was fairly interesting!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in frozen blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cold that they melted my fingers a little– do not be foolish like me, use some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was securely stored in the fridge freezer (we did need to make some substantial area for his consumes– simply a excellent justification to round off the gelato), I check out the material that included the Ollie delivery.
I understand this is a small thing, yet I absolutely enjoy the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s adorable and also– I need to claim– really, actually beneficial. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I needed to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever sealed and hygienic in the fridge.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a perfect fit for the fresh food packs, making it simple to stand out a half-pack in the container and whip it out for supper.
It’s likewise worth noting that the food loads themselves are truly well designed. The plastic tabs are easy to open and the top sheet of plastic slides right off, making it actually easy to dig the food.
The packets additionally have a bit of a lip on the top which handled to keep my counter quite darn clean– I hardly ever had a roaming piece of food mistake. Easier cleaning is constantly valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any kind of dog food button for that issue), it’s essential to make the change slowly. Changing your dog’s diet from one sort of food to one more without any steady transition is a recipe for an indigestion.
This is part of the factor I always question individuals that assert that a specific brand of dog food provided their dog diarrhea, as it can concern not properly migrating your dog to a brand-new food, instead of being totally the food’s mistake.
Anyhow, as instructed, we started out giving Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for 2 days, then switched over to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for an additional couple of days, before finally switching over completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy definitely liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! He may have liked it a little also a lot.
I usually feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has actually never made any kind of response from Remy in the past. He generally simply hangs around or sleeps till I call him over for dinner.
After switching over to Ollie, Remy started to get very impatient at around 5:00 pm, whimpering at me to feed him. It was tough to stand firm and also make him wait!
His modification in attitude definitely appears to suggest that he’s a big follower. That, and the copious amounts of drool he would give as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was originally a little nervous about switching to fresh dog food due to the fact that Remy definitely loves eating his supper out of puzzle toys.
Usually we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as allow him have at it– he has so much enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Given that fresh food is sticky and also wet , many of our favorite kibble-dispensing problem toys were out when feeding with Ollie. I just chose to start utilizing much more LickiMats and packed Kongs and it functioned out wonderful.
LickiMats are a rather awesome device to make use of along with fresh food– pressing the food into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog considerably even more time to complete it, and the licking activity is really soothing for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a perk, try freezing the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that should keep even ultra-hungry dogs occupied for a minimum of 30 mins or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
So– after attempting Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the outcomes?
Numerous proprietors have testified to noticing a shinier coat, minimized itching because of allergic reactions, improved energy and also– in many cases– also some behavior renovations, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
But what concerning me– did I discover any sort of modification in Remy? I did notice a couple of big adjustments worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the significant points I discovered after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller, greener, and much less smelly– all basic indicators of enhanced health and wellness.
2. Decreased Itching & Allergies
Another point I really did not right away observe till switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie absolutely minimized Remy’s itching.
Remy has actually been an itchy kid for quite a while now, so I’ve obtained quite familiar with his scraping and also licking . I didn’t make any particular note or monitorings regarding his irritation when I switched over Remy to Ollie.
Yet, when switching off of Ollie and back to his initial kibble, I swiftly understood Remy was itching as well as scraping a lot more than he did before.
Given that he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal more, showing that he most likely has some allergic reaction concerns that Ollie had been aiding with. This suggests I’ll probably end up making the button back to Ollie eventually, or– at the minimum– will certainly experiment with other kinds of foods that can help Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you may have visualized, Ollie isn’t specifically economical.
The exact rate of your Ollie delivery will certainly depend upon the size and needs of your dog, yet Ollie expenses roughly anywhere from about $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, and also approximately $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
This might be outdoors of lots of pet moms and dads’ spending plans.
— it is worth thinking about some of the various other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when evaluating price vs value.
For one, complimentary shipment means time as well as initiative conserved considering that you will not require to frequently visit PetSmart and haul around giant bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food lasting might likewise indicate fewer journeys to the vet’s workplace, saving major cash money in time as well as possibly expanding your pooch’s life expectancy.
Do not neglect– Our visitors can get 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will last lasting, it definitely makes the idea of a minimum of trying as well as trying out with fresh dog food far more achievable, even for tight budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Let’s sum up the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-grade food
- Better for digestion + might minimize some health and wellness issues and allergy issues
- Smaller sized, firmer, much less fragrant poops
- Doesn’t need mindful taking care of like raw food does, while still giving a few of the same
- Pre-portioned packages for added convenience and to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for making use of together with LickiMats or kongs
- [ Perk] Consists of lovable recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it concerns comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a lasting food option
- Not suitable with the majority of puzzle playthings
- Somewhat a lot more job than feeding kibble (although about the exact same amount of initiative as feeding damp canned dog food).
- Not really portable– it’s absolutely not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not terrific for training work– if you normally utilize your dog’s food as a training benefit, damp fresh food just doesn’t function.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you wish to offer your dog fantastic grub, certainly offer Ollie a try.
It’s a very high-quality fresh food with an remarkable ingredient listing. While Ollie is a great option for any kind of dog, owners of dogs who are choosy eaters, have sensitive tummies, or have questionable poops will specifically benefit from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s certainly a minimum of worth examining and also attempting for yourself if the advantages are worth the rate. While I really did not see any remarkable changes in Remy, his poop enhancement were terrific, he adored the food, and also it appears like the food might have aided with his allergic reactions.
When your dog offers you those large puppy dog eyes pleading for more of the fresh things, be careful– you might have a hard time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately prepared with minimal processing to preserve nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing depends on the dimension of your dog (bigger pet dogs need ore food, so are extra costly to feed).
Generally, Ollie costs anywhere from about $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, and also approximately $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
Do not fail to remember, you can likewise get wonderful discount rates on your very first order of Ollie with some of the bargains discussed in this article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food also flaunts remarkable healthy protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the remarks listed below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything sealed and sanitary in the refrigerator.
Includes cute multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium components as well as fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie?