Cancel Ollie Dog Food
Today we’re assessing the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to assist YOU determine– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution solution that gives customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They provide numerous vet-designed dishes featuring USA-sourced hen, lamb, turkey, or beef .
- Numerous owners discover that switching to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier layers, less allergies, more power, and also better general health for their pet dogs.
- Unique discount for our readers– obtain 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand that provides direct shipment food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s dishes are developed to concentrate on high quality and also quality, with minimally-processed foods consisting of big amounts of actual pet healthy protein and body organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, as well as added superfoods to profit canine health.
The idea is that fresh foods can supply even more nutrients to canines than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s hard to claim for certain whether fresh dog food is naturally ” far better”, but it does seem that numerous dogs that have formerly endured some tummy concerns or allergic reactions do much better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple points worth keeping in mind about Ollie’s ingredient listing:
- Genuine meat is the number one active ingredient, complied with by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 components as entire meats and body organ meats results in a protein-packed structure, with dishes ranging from 35%– 44% protein (with a dry issue evaluation).
- Recipes consist of tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All dishes are developed by vets.
- No fillers like wheat, corn, or soy .
- No fabricated tastes, chemicals, or spin-offs.
- Recipes are minimally refined as well as human-grade– you could eat it, if you wanted to!
For those who fidget regarding the FDA’s alert of a undetermined correlation in between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive recipe; their poultry recipe consists of a healthy dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and other yummy ingredients.
Ollie provides 4 dishes that owners can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Chicken: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with completely dry matter analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s enter into my personal experience with Ollie and also see what Remy thought of everything.
Prefer video clip? You can check out our video testimonial too!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was rather amazing!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in frozen blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so chilly that they shed my fingers a little– do not be dumb like me, put on some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was securely stored in the freezer (we did need to make some significant area for his eats– simply a good reason to finish off the gelato), I review the product that included the Ollie delivery.
I recognize this is a small thing, yet I definitely enjoy the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s charming as well as– I have to say– actually, actually useful. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything secured and sanitary in the fridge.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a excellent suitable for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to stand out a half-pack in the container and whip it out for dinner.
It’s likewise worth keeping in mind that the food loads themselves are truly well designed. The plastic tabs are easy to open up and the top sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it really very easy to dig the food.
The packets additionally have a bit of a lip on the top which took care of to keep my counter rather darn clean– I seldom had a stray item of food mistake. Easier clean-up is always appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any kind of dog food switch for that issue), it’s essential to make the change gradually. Changing your dog’s diet from one kind of food to one more without any gradual change is a dish for an upset stomach.
This is part of the factor I constantly question people that claim that a specific brand of dog food provided their dog diarrhea, as it can relate to not effectively moving your dog to a brand-new food, rather than being totally the food’s mistake.
Anyway, as instructed, we started out providing Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for two days, after that switched over to 1/2 and also 1/2 for an additional couple of days, before finally changing entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy most definitely enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! Actually, he could have liked it a little too much.
I generally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has actually never ever made any kind of sort of response from Remy in the past. He generally simply socializes or sleeps till I call him over for dinner.
After changing to Ollie, Remy started to get very anxious at around 5:00 pm, whimpering at me to feed him. It was difficult to persevere as well as make him wait!
His adjustment in attitude certainly appears to suggest that he’s a huge follower. That, and also the large amounts of drool he would give as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was originally a little nervous concerning switching to fresh dog food due to the fact that Remy definitely enjoys consuming his supper out of puzzle toys.
Usually we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as let him have at it– he has so much enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Because fresh food is wet and also sticky , most of our preferred kibble-dispensing challenge toys were out when feeding with Ollie. Nevertheless, I just chose to start making use of more LickiMats and also packed Kongs and it worked out terrific.
LickiMats are a pretty amazing device to utilize along with fresh food– pushing the food into a LickiMat will take your dog significantly even more time to complete it, and the licking activity is extremely calming for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus, attempt freezing the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that need to keep even ultra-hungry pets inhabited for at least 30 minutes or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
So– after attempting Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the outcomes?
Numerous owners have actually demonstrated observing a shinier layer, minimized itching as a result of allergic reactions, improved energy and also– in some cases– also some behavioral improvements, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
What concerning me– did I see any kind of kind of adjustment in Remy? I did discover a couple of huge changes worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the significant things I discovered after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller, greener, and a lot less smelly– all basic indicators of improved health.
2. Reduced Itching & Allergies
An additional thing I didn’t quickly notice till changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie definitely lowered Remy’s irritation.
Remy has actually been an scratchy boy for a long time now, so I’ve gotten quite familiar with his licking and also scratching . When I switched Remy to Ollie, I didn’t make any type of certain note or observations regarding his itchiness.
When switching over off of Ollie and also back to his original kibble, I promptly realized Remy was itching and scraping a lot even more than he did in the past.
Because he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot more, suggesting that he probably has some allergy issues that Ollie had actually been helping with. This means I’ll possibly wind up making the switch back to Ollie at some time, or– at least– will experiment with various other kinds of foods that can aid Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have thought of, Ollie isn’t precisely economical.
The specific price of your Ollie shipment will depend upon the size and also needs of your dog, yet Ollie expenses about anywhere from about $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, and approximately $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
Unfortunately, this might be beyond many pet moms and dads’ budgets.
— it is worth taking into consideration some of the other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when reviewing expense vs worth.
For one, totally free delivery means time as well as effort conserved since you will not need to consistently see PetSmart and haul around gigantic bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-term could likewise suggest less trips to the veterinarian’s office, saving significant cash with time as well as potentially prolonging your pooch’s life-span.
Don’t fail to remember– Our viewers can get 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will last long-term, it certainly makes the idea of a minimum of trying and experimenting with fresh dog food a lot more achievable, even for limited budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Let’s summarize the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, top quality food
- Much better for food digestion + might relieve some wellness concerns and also allergy issues
- Smaller sized, firmer, much less fragrant poops
- Doesn’t need cautious handling like raw food does, while still providing some of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packets for included comfort as well as to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for making use of together with Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Bonus offer] Includes cute reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it involves comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a lasting food option
- Not suitable with many problem playthings
- A little much more work than feeding kibble (although regarding the very same quantity of initiative as feeding damp canned dog food).
- Not really mobile– it’s definitely not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not wonderful for training work– if you typically use your dog’s food as a training reward, damp fresh food simply doesn’t work.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you wish to use your dog wonderful grub, most definitely provide Ollie a shot.
It’s a extremely top notch fresh food with an excellent component list. While Ollie is a terrific choice for any dog, proprietors of pet dogs that are particular eaters, have delicate stomachs, or have questionable poops will particularly benefit from trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s certainly a minimum of worth evaluating as well as attempting on your own if the benefits are worth the rate. While I didn’t see any incredible adjustments in Remy, his poop improvement were great, he was crazy about the food, and also it appears like the food might have assisted with his allergic reactions.
Be cautious– you may have a tough time returning to kibble when your dog gives you those huge young puppy dog eyes pleading for more of the fresh things!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully cooked with very little handling to maintain nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates relies on the dimension of your dog (bigger dogs need ore food, so are extra expensive to feed).
Generally, Ollie costs anywhere from about $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, as well as up to $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
Yet do not neglect, you can likewise get superb price cuts on your very first order of Ollie with several of the deals mentioned in this article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs components and also fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food additionally flaunts impressive healthy protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the remarks listed below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing secured and also hygienic in the fridge.
Includes cute recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie?